Thread: Has anyone who had a bad reaction to cannabis had the same with CBD oil?

Sensijacksilver Guest

Post Has anyone who had a bad reaction to cannabis had the same with CBD oil?

I was a long term smoker but eventually the stuff just started making me a little bit more anxious every time I smoked.

So sensibly... I just gave up.

I do miss it though!

My new plan is to start taking CBD oil to combat my pre-existing anxiety and stop me from missing the THC so much. As well as for all the known health benefits like proactive cancer killing etc..

Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times

Default Having to come off weed - using 5 years due to increasing anxiety and stomach issues

Dear all,

My husband and I have smoked weed for 5 years, to manage stress and anxiety - it worked like a charm and we have enjoyed the obvious benefits and good health - up to now.
    We noticed slowly over past 12 months increasing lack of appetite and the anxiety was creeping back. This year, we became that nervy, we couldnt even talk to each other in the evenings as we became so jumpy.

To cut a long story short, we both decided to stop 3 weeks ago, as we went abroad on holiday for 1st time in 10 years, and it was all too much for us to deal with. We realised something was drastically wrong. In addition to this, our daughter started university, she also like to smoke, and just stopped overnight, as she didnt want to risk any problems with possibly getting thrown out of uni,and wanted to focus on her career. In 3 months she was more articulate, put on some much needed weight, was enjoying her food, her stomach issues had gone, and she said she felt strong and confident for the first time in years (also a 5 year smoker)

She thus inspired us to follow after the holiday saga. We have stopped 3 weeks and already feel hugely better. Ive researched and learned that '5 years' seems to be key in our bodies starting to become saturated in THC to a possibly toxic level, that was causing stomach problems, paranoia and increasing anxiety. So I think the lesson is - take this on board and cut down to eliminate the build up, so your body eliminates the excess, or stop altogether, and start vaping cbd oil. We have chosen the latter, and it seems to be working for us, except Im still learning how much i can vape, as vaping cbd seems to have a stronger reaction than consuming the cbd oil/paste. But i feel we are going the right way - for us.
    I just wanted to share that with you incase you get that 'bingo' moment we finally found. Im just relieved we are back on track. Hope this helps.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kate For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-17), i spy (29-04-17), tom222 (29-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,398 Times

good post kate

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i spy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Ive researched and learned that '5 years' seems to be key in our bodies starting to become saturated in THC to a possibly toxic level, that was causing stomach problems, paranoia and increasing anxiety. So I think the lesson is - take this on board and cut down to eliminate the build up, so your body eliminates the excess, or stop altogether, and start vaping cbd oil. We have chosen the latter,
    Sorry Kate, but this is absolute rubbish! THC metabilises to metabolites, it doesn't stay in the body as THC!

However, if we look at the half life of THC we find:-

The main active chemical in marijuana is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). When smoked, THC levels in the blood peak within eight minutes, and when consumed orally, they peak within one to two hours.

THC’s half-life for infrequent users is about 1.3 days. Because THC can dissolve in fat, it will soak into the body’s fat stores and then slowly release over time back into the blood, prolonging its effects. This means that regular users of marijuana can experience a half-life of five to 13 days.
    I'd love to see where you get your 5 year saturation information from....!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-17), TomKing (05-05-17)