Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bad effects from smoking lately

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default Bad effects from smoking lately

Hello, I've been smoking for almost 5 years now and the last 4 years have been a blast. I would smoke a joint, bong, etc, no matter what and I would get the usual feeling either by just looking at one spot, not feeling like talking much, thinking a lot, having fun you know, the usual effects.

But lately things appear to have changed. I begin experiencing fast heartbeats, I also have a feeling that my blood pressure becomes low even though I haven't measured it yet, sometimes I have a hard time swallowing, dizziness, feeling of dying any moment and all that. This has never happened before and has started happening just recently and I can't seem to figure out why. It's not because of hunger, I haven't drank any alcohol or taken anything else.

Has anyone else gone through this? Have you figured out the cause? Is it time to quit smoking? Sucks because I've barely made 5 years.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,524 Times

could it be the difference between indica and sativa, or maybe you have come across something stronger than your norm. last time i felt anything like that was from eating cannabutter, but it wore off within half an hour.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to algie For This Useful Post:

leyus (05-11-13)

Doubie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by algie View Post
    could it be the difference between indica and sativa, or maybe you have come across something stronger than your norm. last time i felt anything like that was from eating cannabutter, but it wore off within half an hour.
    Exactly my thoughts. Some sativa's are prone to paranoia - and that paranoia can be "My hearts beating too fast!" and then it snowballs from there ending in a panic attack.

Indicas in general will just glue you to your sofa!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doubie For This Useful Post:

leyus (05-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

what you experienced is almost certainly a high thc hit with very little cbd as said it can overcome some people and cause paranoia/panic attacks but ussualy passes quickly,some would say you had some shit hot weed,but not my kind nature put cbd in cannabis for a very good reason,it is the balance of thc-cbd that is important for comfortable stonedness ime.and thc high strains fuck me up in the way you have described.peace

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duke1 For This Useful Post:

leyus (05-11-13), mr_nice (15-10-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

you've had a whitey

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Germanator Guest

i sometimes have problems swallowing but thats because i was to stoned to do so. maybe calm it down a lil

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Germanator For This Useful Post:

Bozzer (20-12-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

anxiety mate. its not the cannabis its your anxiety and your expectance of having a bad time. perhaps have one or 2 puffs on a joint and put it out. leave it an hour and if you feels ok have a couple more tokes. just take it easy and remember, weed has never killed anyone. there is no need for the anxiety mate, we have enough issues in life to be anxious about without making up ones that don't exist.
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

Bozzer (20-12-13), CocoMonkey (05-11-13), Duke1 (16-10-13), Goodbuddy (17-10-13), leyus (05-11-13), Rbmac10 (21-10-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Thanks for your replies guys, this definitely sounds like the case of a whitey or something similar. After reading more about it, I've come acorss an article that says it also has something to do with the blood sugar going down and that I need to drink or eat something that has it. As usual, this still occured to me yesterday and I ate something like a small chocolate sweet and drank about 300ml cola, it did the trick and calmed me down. Today though, it didn't work. Both times I did only 3 puffs to test.

How about quitting for a week until I get "clean" and then give it another last shot? And @ prime's post above - Yes, I really am really stressed these days mostly the whole time, feeling anxious, etc, so I do think that could be another one of the reasons. Strangely after this bad feeling wears off and I attempt to make some puffs again, I get high pretty normally as I should be.
    Last edited by babis; 17-10-13 at 08:30 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babis For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (17-10-13), Lil Sindigo (05-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

the way I look at weed mate, is the same as if your going to a party. if your in a bad mood and pissed off when you get to the party, you're going to bring the mood down and not be welcome. same with weed, if your upset or pissed off you wont enjoy it and it will prob make you feel worse. I only smoke when im happy and chilled, not when im down.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (05-11-13), Lil Sindigo (05-11-13), Stirruphead (05-11-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by algie View Post
    i have to agree with you on this algie! the effect would be most likely different depending on the strain being smoked. i also got different feelings and high with every strain i smoked but not to the extent of feeling breathless and dying..

i'm just curious what kind of strain our buddy here is smoking that makes him feel that way?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast