Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Grow - White Widow: its the future, I've tasted it!

Thanks

Default 1st Grow - White Widow: its the future, I've tasted it!

Eeh up: Mr P 'ere

Ok so ‘ere goes with our very first grow dairy and very first proper grow…

Equipment:
    Pls excuse the description of some of the equipment, doing it from memory cos I can’t be arsed to get up and measure, plus the lights have just gone out…

Budbox xl (old one, from e-bay, ex-stock clearance)
    600w Metail Halide (growmaster),
    600w HPS (GiB??? – never herd of it before),
    cheap ol' reflector,
    Little pots guessing about 4in),
    Medium pots (6in) ‘n big round pots,
    4in 100RVK intake (taking air from an open window),
    6in 150RVK extraction (nicely attached to a vent in the wall),
    Crappy Desk fan inside,
    Carbon filter,
    Elec thermom & humidty meter
    Easy-roll hangers, a couple of bungies and a bucket load of bodging tape

Medium:
    Peat pots for germination,
    Canna Coco

Nutes:
    Canna A & B,
    PK13/14 for a bit later

Seeds: Nirvana White widow (cheep seeds for a first time)

Set up piccy's:

Intake:

Extraction:
    Eh! toilet mouth... there's a child's bike outside!

Thanks

‘ow do all Mr P again with part 2 of the story so far...!

OK so we put 4 seeds into germinate in peat pots at the end of July, nothing happened for a day or two so I got impatient and put another 4 in…
    The first 3 sprouted under a standard strip flouro, looked like the started to stretch a bit so we put em under the 600w MH after a day or so but moved the light up toward the top of the box so to not fry the poor buggers.
    The other 5 germinated a few days later and these were put into their 1st pots at the beginning of August.

Started them on water for their 1st watering despite being told by hydro shop guy to fert em straight away, just didn’t want to kill em to begin with!!

Second feed started them on Canna A&B, about 30% of the advised amount and gradually built it up to the recommended does to make sure there were no initial signs of nute burn.

Veg’d ‘em all until last weekend (~3 or 4 weeks of 18/6) the biggest was 18in, smallest 15in, went into the hydro shop looking for a bit of advice and to pick up the carbon filter and he seemed a bit shocked that we’d kept em in veg for so long!? Have we done bad already?!?

Anyways there now under the HPS on a strick 12/12

And now for some more piccys:

All 8 babies in their full splendor... (wk4)

and again... (wk4)

Thanks

Thumbs up

Loving it BP, what a grow diary. As for your plant's, they are fantastic.

I can't wait to see that tent in a few weeks time..

Thanks

Cheers LK,

ptIII on its way...

Mr P.

Thanks

Absolutely beautiful plants mate,

Sounds like you've got everything sorted in the growing department.

Those are gonna be huge in full flower.

Second star to the right & straight on ‘til morning
    Thanks

Wow fantastic entry to thc with a even more fantastic grow diary and pictures... your tent looks great!
    Can't wait to see them in a few weeks either!!! Mmmm bud...

Looks like a great first grow to me!

"Rawwww you go girl......Show them men folk how its done!" - BomShiva.

ESB x MH , ESB & WW Grow Diary

"It's over there between the land and the sky!"
    Thanks

very nice BP,,,

good luck mate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrianPotter View Post
    Veg’d ‘em all until last weekend (~3 or 4 weeks of 18/6) the biggest was 18in, smallest 15in, went into the hydro shop looking for a bit of advice and to pick up the carbon filter and he seemed a bit shocked that we’d kept em in veg for so long!? Have we done bad already?!?
    12" is a good height to start 12/12.

You may have to bend them a little near the mid to end of flowering. Im looking forward to part III.

Thanks

Part three of the saga so far, bringing u up to date with were we are now…

…They looked to grow well at first, infact we were really impressed with the foliage growth during week 2 and 3, but then about a week and a half / two weeks ago I noticed what I later identified to be an aphid, (or at least I think it was, looked like a green fly but was a reddish thing with wings ooeer!!) which caused a tiny bit of speckling on some of the leaves, removed the bugger and kept checking but no more appeared. Then about a week ago I saw a few tiny things on the underside of a couple of leaves, got the hand micro scope out and after 20 mins trying to focus the sod’in thing, finally got a good view of them, they were tiny maggot looking mo-fo’s so got rid of em too! Been checking daily but not seen any since. They did seem to bring about a bit more speckling and a couple of the plants looked to ‘av been munched on a few leaves!!

Was determined not to lose this, their my special boy’s… (or girls I hope) so we read up a bit and got some Neem oil, goddam that stuff smells like fox piss!!!

Gave the plants a good spraying on the underside and top side of all leaves, until I could take no more of the fox-like urine aroma.

This week a few more plants looked munched a bit more… Took a few of the big pots out to water the back ones yesterday afternoon and noticed a bloomin tiny green catapiller looking up at me from the tray! Don’t worry he had a fitting burial at sea, or will do when he gets through the system (teach him for snacking on my babies )!

Going to try Neem oil again, tomorrow, when I have the stomach for it!

Now some of the leaves are lookin a little worse for wear so startin to worry a tad, the plants look healthy in general so not sure if this is just the insects of if it’s the start of nute burn or worse…

Piccy's of the damage:
    Think this was that darn catapillar...?

Not sure about this, burn or insecty speckling?, this is one of the higher leaves and there isnt much sign of this lower down the plant which makes me think it may not be the nutes. Only occurred last few days...
    Sorry about the blur...

And another slightly clearer shot from the same plant...different leaf, just as bad:

Some more on same plant different leaf:

WORSE THING IS THIS BADBOY (OR GIRL) LOOKS TO BE OUR FIRST FEMALE AND WAS THE STRONGEST LOOKIN (TILL A FEW DAYS AGO)

Think we may have another female, funilly enough none of the males have begun to show as yet, then again only been a few days in the HPS.

All for now.

Mr P

Second star to the right & straight on ‘til morning
    Thanks

Do they look like this?:

If so they are spidermites as the speckling to the leaves is a big give away, they also have two spots on their back...I know what its like to be on the ever ending task of killing the bastards... you have one the right thing by acting straight away as they can spread like wildfire, well there is no "can" about it, they do.. but you can get them under control... with the neem oil.. i also rub leaves to crush the eggs..
    There may be some useful information for you in my grow diary and also in this thread
    You could also think about getting some predators which will eat the buggers..I have also put some leaf coat on my leaves which you can use up to two weeks before harvest unlike the neem oil, but you can't put it on if you have predators on for about a week.

Good luck and keep up the good work... Mr Diaper is the man to pm about mites, he is my mite guru LOL.

Edited to say i don't think you can ever get rid of mites, only have them at a controlled level.
    Last edited by sweetsinner; 28-08-07 at 10:57 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetsinner For This Useful Post:

Stirruphead (08-05-13)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast