Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Grow - White Widow: its the future, I've tasted it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue widow View Post
    hey m8, not checked this out since way back i think when you 1st registered, well done bud, ur plants look awesome man!! your gonna have some nice healthy buddage by the looks of things!! good luck m8 and all the best!
    Cheers Blue, cant wait for it to be done and dry so I can have a proper sample... Just a few weeks to fight off the pests and dare I say it...rot
    Eh! toilet mouth... there's a child's bike outside!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Toker View Post
    Allo again,

drying can be as quick as you like really M8, BUT dont expect the smell/taste to be too good if you nuke it ! ..... on top of a rad or near the computer fan outlet, on the back of the TV, or hung in the airing cupboard should be ok, i wouldn't put mine in a microwave as those things fuck everything up, and the only time i tried it in an oven i burnt it so it's your shout really.
    Cheers MT, We tried a hybrid way of tinfoil on radiator to gradually dry the bigger buds and a neet trick I found on some other site about using a tinfoil gully sitting on top of a toaster (I know tin foil and toaster rnt a good combo!! but as long as your safe and turn off the toaster before touching the tinfoil ur OK), it dries em out pretty quickly without burning.

the smell and taste wont be too good until it's been properly dried & then cured for at least a couple of weeks .. dont forget that at the moment you're feeding the plant and this will affect the overall smell/taste .. it's why you should finish giving nutes a few weeks before harvest .. it makes a big difference.
    That the plan M8, theyll soon be on plain water, just couldnt wait for a toke as we ran out of the bought stuff the other weekend.

Does anyone know if the duration of the final flush for coco is different than that of soil, I'd imagine it'd be less cos the coco doesnt hold any nutes for the plant to use up in the last few weeks, but this is only a guess, KV, if your reading mate, how long did your final flush take in ur coco grow?

when you say it has a bad fruity smell, you dont mean like a "gone off" smell ??, cos that aint right ..
    Nah, not like gone off, sorry bad description, It like a fruity smell (like if you pierce a grapfruit and smell the 'skin', like a waxy's acidic fruity smell, but combined with general vegetation / folliage smell and some kind of not so nice smell (powers of description let me down again...) not a 'gone off smell', just a general bad smell (is this why they call it skunk?)

The only reason for askin is that it doesnt smell like skunk as I know it (i.e. dried up and bagged), does this easily recognisable skunk smell develop once fully dried and cured?

Thanks

Right, we may have a bit of a problem developing as we hit the final few weeks... Humidity=>ROT...

Not got any signs of rot yet but am getting really worried

We've now bought a fairly decent de-humidifier (or at least I think its fiarly decent), and its sitting inside the tent, still need to get the setup right as the thing needs to be manually turned on for some reason once the power is cut so can't run it with a timer. I intend to run it during lights out (evening) when the humidity spikes. But saying that it may go on 24/7 if things dont improve.

At the moment humidity is btwn 45%-65% but mainly up and around the high 50's low 60's even with the humidifier running yesterday during lights on the humidity was still around 50-55%!

Is this level of humidity going to cause me rot (esp with some fairly dense buds)? If so is their anything else I can try to lower the humidity, should it be outside the tent with the intake tubing hooked up to its outlet or keep it in the tent? any other ideas to lower the humidity?

On the photo's I posted the other day, does the brown leaves on the main fat cola look like burn (light / chem) or is it the start of rot? Am I right in thinking rot is greyish in colour not brown? really worried about loosing me plants to rot!!

Finally about these pests... should we just ignore these till the end of the grow or should we be looking to zap em (any suggestions, got neem and can get access to most other products) dont want to risk upsetting the plants now they only have a few weeks left. Is the final bud quality affected by pests (which all seem to be limited to the coco, not the plants).

Cheers guys and girl...

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Hey Mr potter.

Looking good there mate.

I really wouldn't worry about humidity around 40 - 60%. I've got some pretty big colas on the go and even with a 12l/day dehumidifier I still get a spike up to 70% at lights out. As long as you have a fan moving the air about so it has less chance of condensing on your colas and the dehumidifier is on you should be okay.

I only run my dehumidifier at night. There isn't much point in the day as your bud will never be cold enough to condense the water from the air unless you have really high relative humidity in the day. Since warm air holds more water, daytime relative humidity tends to always be lower than night time anyway. I find that if you turn your dehumidifier on about 60-90 minutes before lights out it starts drying the air before hand so when the temps drop at lights out there is already less moisture in the air.

If you have the dehumidifier inside your tent it may be an idea to restrict your air intake and exhaust during this period, otherwise you will be drying the air and then pushing it back out of the tent and bringing in damp air.

I have my dehumidifier outside teh tent and keep the door to the room closed. That way I'm drying the air outside the tent, which eventually ends up inside the tent.

Hope that helps a bit.

Just make sure you keep fans blowing on your plants at night to help evaporate any condensed water and prevent the dreaded mould.
    Cheers Dru!!!

Thanks

Hi Green,

Thanks for the reply, It's a relief that our Humidity isnt nothing worth losing sleep over!

Your comments were really helpful m8, I think we have it set up OK now, we have it running 24/7 but may change that to run around and during lights out on ur advice...

I think we're doing OK as we had it on at lights out and were only refreshing the air in the grow tent every 2hrs so we're letting the air dry out rather than constantly replacing it with fresh moist air.

Might give it a go having the humidifier outside the room, but not too sure how well this will work cos I dont think its up to much, in the grow room it fills up its 2.4ltr tank every 15-18hrs, so not sure it has the power to work effectively outside the tent.

Not sure extacly how long to go now, the trics are still looking clear, though I do need to have a closer look tonight.

Now stopped the PK and moving back onto normal feeding. prob: 2.5ml of each A & B. I was thinking a week on this, then possibly one-two weeks of plain water then harvest. Unsure if this is too soon, following the canna schedule, which may be wrong (as mentioned its for clones not seedlings and I only truelly adopted it a few weeks back).

According to their schedule it should have min of 3 weeks left, 2 weeks feed, 1 without (Max recommended is 5 wks left after adding PK, 3 with feed, 2 without).

I just dont think they'll hold out the full 5 weeks, not sure if they can go another 3 weeks, hence the thinking of moving to the above.
    (well that and the fact that we've now had 3 side buds, 'dried moderately' from the most developed of the 4 plants, and finding it hard not to cut down a 4th before the harvest....)

The smoke of the side buds is quite good. Right, the taste aint their, but its not harsh and hits you a few mins after toking the reefer... quite couch-locky already without the milky->brown tirchs.

Cant wait for the full dried taste!

Better get reading up on harvesting and drying!

Thanks

The taste and flavour does get better after the buds have dried nice and slow and had a little cure. When you first chop the buds they have some chemicals in them that over time (drying/curing) slowly breakdown into better chemicals that don't taste like cut plant's or wet grass.

My fat russian smell just like cat pee when i first chopped her, but after a few days hanging up drying they are smelling more fruity now. So i know after a little more dry time and a cure they should smell and taste fruity.

This is why i only fast dry real tiny little air buds that where low down on the plant. I would never fast dry all your bud because you lock in the chemical that will keep your bud tasting like wet grass or plant's and it can make your fillings come alive too (like when you chew abit of tinfoil by mistake).

A good way to judge when your plant's could be ready if you haven't got a pocket scope to check the tric's is to wait until 90% of the hairs are orange/brown and then chop if your after couchlock. If you would like and up high then i would chop them when 70% hairs are orange/brown.

Thanks

On a note of your humidity, if you were growing white russian I'd say it was too high. If you grow a strain that has really tightly packed buds then anything over 40% could spell trouble. I reckon you'll get away with it though..

Anyone who says nothing is impossible clearly has never tried to slam a revolving door..

Thanks

Nice grow, starting my 1st grow soon. how many Oz's do White Widow usually give per plant?

Im not sure wether to grow 25 lowryder #2 or 10 White Widows!

Thanks

WW is nice
    has anyone got it from barneys farm?
    i appeared to have purple widow amongst the seeds :S

Thanks

nice diary chap, some nice plants you have there too!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast