Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Grow - White Widow: its the future, I've tasted it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterfly View Post
    how do know what fox piss smells like?
    I was raised ferrel on the Derbyshire moors by a pack of foxes, in my younger years they marked me with their urine, I took it as a compliment ;-)
    Eh! toilet mouth... there's a child's bike outside!

Thanks

nirvana arent too bad either they've served me well in the past..
    We were going to go with Skunk#1, also Nirvana, got them a while back and (hangs head in shame) tried to grow some with a crapply flourecent tube, they were about 18in tall with about three leaves lol, hence this being the first 'proper grow', we bined them when we got our MH and the missing poles for our budbox (ebay eh!)!

Got these from the local hydro shop when we got the majority of the equipment new try, different strain.

if you really like Widow though i have too recommend dutch passions, check out the pics of my widow in me grow diary
    We really do like the Widow, been to Dam & other parts of the Netherlands a few times and each time I go I try something new on the menu, but we always come back to the widow, I just love the monged out feelin.

Will definately try a different co. next time if we get through this unscathed.
    I'll pop over to your diarly and have a squiz later tonight.

Cheers

Thanks

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement and support so far...

time for todays installment:

we took a really good look at all of the plants today looking for signs of mites, I did see some round balls on both the underside and topside of the leaves that did look like mite eggs, but looking at the size of the egs on sweets photo the round ball things looked much much smaller on our plant, they were the size of those in the pic but this was under a 100x hand microscope so not sure if these were mite egg or not, they werent visiable to the eye only under the scope and were all over the leaves, they looked slightly transparent / like little balls of that glue we all used to eat in primary school (upva or something like that), some transparant, some very slightly white opaque. They were all over the leaves of every plan on almost every leave I examined, BUT i didnt see one mite under the scope on the leaves I examined under the scope nor did I see any on any leaf I looked at by eye and I did check em all.

So now I'm a bit confused are these mite eggs or not?

All got a thorough doesing of Neem oil for good measures!

Maybe just being optemistic but with that many little ball things on the leaves and no sign of any mites I'm guessing (hoping these arnt mite eggs) - any ideas?

On a brighter note, looks like we have 4 female, 1 possible male and 3 not showing any sex yet so things aint all that bad.

Biggest one is now 2ft tall!!! bring on the bud

On a tech note...
    Current temp when I checked was 79.5f (min 65.3, Max 84.3)
    Humidity 56%, max 65% min 36%

Comments welcome!!!

Ta for now

Mr-Dynamic Guest

Great diary so far chap, you'll love the smoke of White Widow, friend of mine recently harvested some and even tho it was a little seedy and damp its a cracking smoke. half a joint later i was toasted! youve got a nice setup there and it should reward you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Dynamic View Post
    Great diary so far chap, you'll love the smoke of White Widow, friend of mine recently harvested some and even tho it was a little seedy and damp its a cracking smoke. half a joint later i was toasted! youve got a nice setup there and it should reward you!
    Cheers bud! any advice welcome....

Mrs P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrianPotter View Post
    Thanks to all for the words of encouragement and support so far...

time for todays installment:

we took a really good look at all of the plants today looking for signs of mites, I did see some round balls on both the underside and topside of the leaves that did look like mite eggs, but looking at the size of the egs on sweets photo the round ball things looked much much smaller on our plant, they were the size of those in the pic but this was under a 100x hand microscope so not sure if these were mite egg or not, they werent visiable to the eye only under the scope and were all over the leaves, they looked slightly transparent / like little balls of that glue we all used to eat in primary school (upva or something like that), some transparant, some very slightly white opaque. They were all over the leaves of every plan on almost every leave I examined, BUT i didnt see one mite under the scope on the leaves I examined under the scope nor did I see any on any leaf I looked at by eye and I did check em all.

So now I'm a bit confused are these mite eggs or not?

All got a thorough doesing of Neem oil for good measures!

Maybe just being optemistic but with that many little ball things on the leaves and no sign of any mites I'm guessing (hoping these arnt mite eggs) - any ideas?

On a brighter note, looks like we have 4 female, 1 possible male and 3 not showing any sex yet so things aint all that bad.

Biggest one is now 2ft tall!!! bring on the bud

On a tech note...
    Current temp when I checked was 79.5f (min 65.3, Max 84.3)
    Humidity 56%, max 65% min 36%

Comments welcome!!!

Ta for now
    It does sound like mites. Can you not get a pic of them small egg type things you seen?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lkdj2003 View Post
    It does sound like mites. Can you not get a pic of them small egg type things you seen?
    Can't mate, I can only see them through the hand microscope at 100x magnification.

Tried putting the camera up to the end of the scope but it doesnt work! they are really tiny, look much much smaller than those posted in this thread. They're on plants with no damage, every leaf I checked with the scope. But still no sign of any actual mites or any webbing, got some unusual stem damage on one, will post later for diagnosis!

The digi camera's shite, cant even get a decent pick to post for held identifying the sex just wont focus! it is about 4 yrs old, Anyone know of a decent digital camera I can get?

Thanks

loving the diary so far mr potter. very entertaining. hope you get hold of em mites soon m8, they can be a fucker!!

nice set-up by the way. how much was that budbox then if ex-clearance if you dont mind me asking

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kv1893 View Post
    hope you get hold of em mites soon m8, they can be a fucker!!
    Thanks m8, May sound daft but I actually just want to see one of em now so I can be sure thats our problem, then nuke em with neem every 4 or so days!

Quote Originally Posted by kv1893 View Post
    nice set-up by the way. how much was that budbox then if ex-clearance if you dont mind me asking
    We got it for about £80 off e-bay, just gave the guy a call so not to start any bidding war, he had a load so we drove over and picked it up from Pontefract (I thought that was in Wales till the misses set me right!)

It was missing 4 upright poles but he was cool about it and we went back to salvage one he had set up in the warehouse

Cheers for the comments KV and LK, it was reading ur grows on Edit (plus Asci's moster White Russian grow) that made us take the plunge into growing, (well that and the fact that we had to wait 6 months to score a last year)!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrianPotter View Post
    Thanks m8, May sound daft but I actually just want to see one of em now so I can be sure thats our problem, then nuke em with neem every 4 or so days!

We got it for about £80 off e-bay, just gave the guy a call so not to start any bidding war, he had a load so we drove over and picked it up from Pontefract (I thought that was in Wales till the misses set me right!)

It was missing 4 upright poles but he was cool about it and we went back to salvage one he had set up in the warehouse

Cheers for the comments KV and LK, it was reading ur grows on Edit (plus Asci's moster White Russian grow) that made us take the plunge into growing, (well that and the fact that we had to wait 6 months to score a last year)!
    nice to see someone still reading the diarys

80 quid?? bargain that.

is pontefract not in wales?? where the fuck is it then??

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast