Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dreaded gas man

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,087 Times

If a gas appliance is connected to the chimney, it has to be checked for integrity. He was just being thorough and carrying out a complete inspection.

A smoke match is used to check for spillage of Carbon Monoxide. A smoke pellet is used for a flue flow test and even then a visual inspection of the chimney needs to be done to make sure no smoke is coming from anywhere but the terminal.
    Last edited by 2Acres; 26-11-13 at 10:11 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Acres For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,087 Times

No worries mate I could always post up the regs for inspecting a chimney if you like? Just so you know what to expect.

If I was carrying out the inspection, I would have asked to go into the loft. If the answer was no, I would have noted it on the sheet and been on my way. As a gas safe engineer I have no power of entry, only the gas transporter (transco, national grid etc) and the police can demand entry.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Acres For This Useful Post:

Thanks

how did this go.
    any update?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,117 Times

He might be in prison Tech... They have THCtalk in there tho, he should reply in a mo...

Vlad...~ Satan's little helper.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vlad the Inhaler For This Useful Post:

2Acres (31-12-13)

Thanks

Im a gas man...it wasent me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to paulwrx For This Useful Post:

Vlad the Inhaler (31-12-13)

Thanks

Think you should be ok.If it's council people were talking,more likely to be a prob. All depends on whether it's a private contractor pretty much ok,but if it's the council,they're sometimes 'advised'to report grows or anything seeming profitable to the courts,that said,it's more down to the guy and the vibe between you.Keep it low and don't smoke too much sativa.I got through a fair bit of some Hawaiian snow last year,and each time I smoked it ,I was SURE there were Feds everywhere!.Stay logical.Peace

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3