Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Old & New & New Yet Old Too - The Khyber Tiger Grow

Thanks
    Thanked 17,702 Times in 7,687 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious WD View Post
    Grinspoon looks like redcurrants mate, pathetic yield. I'm hoping you do well form the TV, seems a graft to germ them and get anything decent even when they do develop and bloom.
    They're not the easiest plants in the world to grow that's for sure pmsl. I have got some more TV seeds so I'll have another shot to get hold of a boy in the summer and add that back into the mix. I reckon they'll do well once a few generations have been grown indoors though, shame I can't do about 50 and pick the best of the bunch

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just had a thought about this Tirah plant. I've been running MH pretty much the whole way through this grow as my HPS blew in the first week. So I'm wondering if this might have effected the way the buds have formed on her

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Notorious WD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbuddy View Post
    They're not the easiest plants in the world to grow that's for sure pmsl. I have got some more TV seeds so I'll have another shot to get hold of a boy in the summer and add that back into the mix. I reckon they'll do well once a few generations have been grown indoors though, shame I can't do about 50 and pick the best of the bunch
    Completely agree.

This is about selective breeding and progression. Hopefully a nice speedy indica father and nice bushy quick flowering high yielding mother to cross and then keep playing with. 100% indica is to be cherished

Tell you what, I'm gonna grow all my TV's outdoors, I'll pop em indoors and get em outside and once they sex I'll have to grab hold of a few cuts of male and female (although I will hack males down outside). I'll have a play

All the best GB.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious WD For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (21-03-14)

Dave-Hester Guest

Just had a thought about this Tirah plant. I've been running MH pretty much the whole way through this grow as my HPS blew in the first week. So I'm wondering if this might have effected the way the buds have formed on her
    I've asked the same question in my TD mk2 diary mate, this time with the TD's I have left the 1kw MH up.. And this time they've not got the same bud structure or shape to them.

I thought it might have been something to do with the MH light myself.

It's interesting for sure.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave-Hester For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (21-03-14)

Thanks

Selective breeding is the thing, deffo. Just a bit tooooo wisky

I used to think that about the fast to flower as a strategy but rockster told me that that is a trait of hemp strains so we've got to be carefull. I think you've just got to cross everything, mark up everything, take cuts of everything and then when the goodies are smoked take the best of those with the best growth patterns/structure and do the whole thing again....a few times. But then we'd all be running pro breeding set up in Spain pmsl

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

dekay (22-03-14)

Notorious WD Guest

Selective breeding is the thing, deffo. Just a bit tooooo wisky

I used to think that about the fast to flower as a strategy but rockster told me that that is a trait of hemp strains so we've got to be carefull. I think you've just got to cross everything, mark up everything, take cuts of everything and then when the goodies are smoked take the best of those with the best growth patterns/structure and do the whole thing again....a few times. But then we'd all be running pro breeding set up in Spain pmsl

To be honest, I want to breed more than I want to grow plants to smoke. Obviously you have some flowering but breeding interests me more. It's the fact I have to grow at home and my family live with me. If I didn't have family I'd knock the back end out of this growing malarkey.

I'll look into hemp strain stuff.

Normally its Best Indica x Best Sativa as you know. Get a wide variety of options next gen' then. Take best gens and backcross if need be to retain desire traits and so on and so fourth.

One of them new yanks from RIU came on here but left cos he had 100+ plants. It take brass balls to grow that many plants.

GG is where it's at mate, get them outdoors and taht way you can make more choices matey

Fair play to Rockster, I got nothing but respect for people who make dreams happen for themselves.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious WD For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (21-03-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,666 Times in 2,386 Posts

I do like to mix it up a bit Not popped into your latest TD diary for a while, I'll have to check out your weirdos I must admit I'm half and half whether it's me who's fucked up or just the plant itself not liking the change of growing environment, probably a bit of both

They've taken about 6 weeks to mature off CocoMonkey. Should be interesting when I run a couple out for christmas
    I'll have to catch up on your AK grow but you're right about the pollen though, it get's everywhere, bit like a drunken bloke trying to piss in the top of a bottle . Luckily the main buds on mine are not too heavily seeded but the lower ones, properly pollentated, are just straggly seed pods. Once I've got the seeds out of it though the remains will go in the hash bag with the leaves at harvest time.
    Haha like what you did there, I got pissing in my empties down to a fine art although whenever I drink one can of lager I end up drinking two for some reason, I think thats why we get hangovers because it dehydrates ya, saying that though just lately im normally still pissed in the morning. Im on the wagon at the min.
    The opposite has happened to mine, the tops have been pollinated and the bottoms are mostly fine, probably due to the fan blowing it about.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CocoMonkey For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (21-03-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,297 Times in 4,227 Posts

Lovely mate and congrats/well done on the seed haul.
    For me the TV looks a total stunner. It is great to see her in indoor glory.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Swilly For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (21-03-14), THE DUDE ABIDES (26-03-14)

Thanks

Unhappy Done and dusted

Week 10, Day 67 Flower and they're down.

The Tirah Valley had a final two weeks on plain water, dry and dark for last 3 days before I chopped her down at last.

Couple of pics.

Final Full - She was purpling deeply on the leaves as she came to the end

Stripped back - you don't need to ask how much she yielded, about an 3/4oz

Kholas/buds

Trichomes - can't say I didn't leave her long enough

So, a long, hard journey on this landrace. And, now she has had a few weeks curing of a meagre yield, the end result didn't justify the effort, other than a pat on the back for getting it to the end (getting it germed and alive for 2 weeks was the biggy)

No smoke report as it just didn't cut the mustard. Low potency, very little indica hug and very little head stone. This may well be a consequence of the phenotype, and due to her being slightly seeded.

Seeds.
    The seeds she produced are also a little worrying. I got about 30 decent ones, but, have quite a few bad ones too. Not in the usual, empty-husk type way, but seeds that dried, split, and I suspect died, while still on the plant. I don't know why/what caused this, I hope there is no deseases lurking in them.

Dodgy seeds - any ideas?

Comments, Quips, Q's and tips as always
    Last edited by Goodbuddy; 06-05-14 at 02:45 PM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (06-05-14), Duke1 (06-05-14), Murdock (06-05-14), THE DUDE ABIDES (07-05-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,630 Times in 3,245 Posts

Disappointed is the word eh maybe i should throw mine now lol, reckon they are the same pheno as yours lol.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (06-05-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dekay View Post
    Disappointed is the word eh maybe i should throw mine now lol, reckon they are the same pheno as yours lol.
    Just a little bit fella

I can't really see the widow cross adding anything to the mix, but I'll probably chuck a few outside somewhere and see how they do just in case.

It's a shame because it was a pretty little plant when settled in, and had some lovely calyx formation....just a bit rubbish in the final analysis. Oh dear, what a pity, never mind

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

dekay (08-05-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,727 Times in 14,858 Posts

shame about the final yield gb but we have to try these things to see eh, nice looking buds too eh ,

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (06-05-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    shame about the final yield gb but we have to try these things to see eh, nice looking buds too eh ,
    nice looking true, but, I like a bit of fruit n nut in my fancy cakes if you know what I mean Widow on the other hand is up to the expecteds

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (06-05-14), Murdock (06-05-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,556 Times in 4,782 Posts

hi gb shame about the yeild there and worrying as ive 7 of the buggers vegging,now not sure if its worth tying my greenhouse up with them all,may just pic the best 2 and chop or plant out the rest,im dying to start some seeds anyway the sonics kallisnapple x puregoey is itching to be popped,thinking time,btw the cbd skunk/haze was made into medical oil and given to our friend helen and she was very appreciative and found good relief from chemo symptoms,on with the next?
    nice looking true, but, I like a bit of fruit n nut in my fancy cakes if you know what I mean Widow on the other hand is up to the expecteds

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Duke1 View Post
    hi gb shame about the yeild there and worrying as ive 7 of the buggers vegging,now not sure if its worth tying my greenhouse up with them all,may just pic the best 2 and chop or plant out the rest,im dying to start some seeds anyway the sonics kallisnapple x puregoey is itching to be popped,thinking time,btw the cbd skunk/haze was made into medical oil and given to our friend helen and she was very appreciative and found good relief from chemo symptoms,on with the next?
    thanks duke1,
    comments allways appreciated.

but the way I feel just this second, i've got it marked down as the signs of some nasty fucking slimy disease or pestulance thats in the air

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (08-05-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,973 Times in 4,078 Posts

Hi GB, that's a shame amigo.

I wonder if the dodgy seeds were caused by excess heat in your groom, maybe they dried out and split, it must be pretty cold in the Himalayas at harvest time normally.

All good things
    TDA

31. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DUDE ABIDES For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (07-05-14)

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15