Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will lowering dose lower my tolerance? How long will that take?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,268 Times

Default Will lowering dose lower my tolerance? How long will that take?

So basically in few days my tolerance skyrocket from 5 g of cannabutter to 25 g just to fall asleep (5x the dose in just few days! Never had that ridiculous rise with smoking!). If I will start doing 3-5 g a day now will that lower my tolerance? How fast will that happen? If you have any experience with lowering tolerance via lowering dose please share your experience.

I know that it would be best if I just take few days off but I noticed even 3-5 g will cope with my caffeine withdrawal headaches (leaves me sober but still no headache is fine with me) so I don't want to stop that till I get lower my caffeine intake a little bit more so at least 1 more week. But my insomnia kicked in again and I really can't drink milk with more than 15 g since it is disgusting and can't eat every day so much fudge, also it is matter of efficiency, my 500g of cannabutter will be gone in no time with such ridiculous tolerance.

So to summarise I want to lower my tolerance to about 10-15 g asap so I can sleep again but without stopping eating weed completely to get there. Will that work and will it be long process?

Thanks

the first thing id advise would be taking a few days off, but as youve stated you dont really want to do that. i did 5 days off last week and i cant remember not having a day without smoking in years and when i started agin all it took was 2 tokes off a nice raw head of my homegrown and i was stoned for hours then started to fall asleep at 5pm haha! but i also have gone from smoking skunk to thai, this really helped to lower my tolerance as its a weaker yet also a different high so after a week of thaat youll be getting more medicial properties from it as it has higher cbd ratios and youll also forget what the skunk high is so when you get back on it it feels like it hits you in a new direction never felt before.

There just my experiences though and im sure everyone reacts differently, hope it helps!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DoobieManScoop For This Useful Post:

leyus (05-12-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoobieManScoop View Post
    the first thing id advise would be taking a few days off, but as youve stated you dont really want to do that. i did 5 days off last week and i cant remember not having a day without smoking in years and when i started agin all it took was 2 tokes off a nice raw head of my homegrown and i was stoned for hours then started to fall asleep at 5pm haha! but i also have gone from smoking skunk to thai, this really helped to lower my tolerance as its a weaker yet also a different high so after a week of thaat youll be getting more medicial properties from it as it has higher cbd ratios and youll also forget what the skunk high is so when you get back on it it feels like it hits you in a new direction never felt before.

There just my experiences though and im sure everyone reacts differently, hope it helps!
    Thanks mate. I know growers usually don't have to lower their tolerance But I didn't harvest yet all I got is this cannabutter and I need it to last me till harvest and relief my insomnia. Yesterday I had no caffeine headache so I done just 3g just in case now I have little bit maybe I will try to survive today with none cannabutter whatsoever, usually even if I builded decent tolerance from smoking I just took 2 days off and I was fine, with edibles seems like not only tolerance builds faster but also it is harder to lower it.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

hi leyus did you try mango with or around the same time?and do you decarb your green before making your butter?i only recently came to understand decarboxylation and how much difference it makes to the strength of your product,google how to decab cannabis and try it,it makes oil loads stronger and sure would do same with butter,dont let the scary and frankly silly name put you off,its much simpler than it sounds!a bit like me in that respect!good luck to you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duke1 View Post
    hi leyus did you try mango with or around the same time?and do you decarb your green before making your butter?i only recently came to understand decarboxylation and how much difference it makes to the strength of your product,google how to decab cannabis and try it,it makes oil loads stronger and sure would do same with butter,dont let the scary and frankly silly name put you off,its much simpler than it sounds!a bit like me in that respect!good luck to you.
    I keep on forgetting to buy mangos, every evening when I make my cannabis tea it reminds me I forgot about mango. Weekend I might have some more time on Saturday so I will go get them for sure. Some of leafs were a bit fresh but most were cured so decarboxylated.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leyus For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (06-12-13)

Thanks

hi leyus to decarb properly and turn all the inactive thc into active thc takes temperature and time 115 degs in the oven for 2 hours and most will be activated making for far more potent medicine.try it and you will see a great improvement,good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by leyus View Post
    I keep on forgetting to buy mangos, every evening when I make my cannabis tea it reminds me I forgot about mango. Weekend I might have some more time on Saturday so I will go get them for sure. Some of leafs were a bit fresh but most were cured so decarboxylated.

Thanks

hi leyus to decarb properly and turn all the inactive thc into active thc takes temperature and time 115 degs in the oven for 2 hours and most will be activated making for far more potent medicine.try it and you will see a great improvement,good luck
    My oven is broken I cook everything in slow cook. Curing is partially decarb but is there any other way then oven?

Thanks

i started of using a slow cooker to make the oil if yours has variable settings you try putting your trim inside another container in your slow cooker and do it that way,but really anyway you can heat it vaguely accuratelt so as not to overdo it,get your oven fixed?i will think about it,peace
    My oven is broken I cook everything in slow cook. Curing is partially decarb but is there any other way then oven?

Thanks

i started of using a slow cooker to make the oil if yours has variable settings you try putting your trim inside another container in your slow cooker and do it that way,but really anyway you can heat it vaguely accuratelt so as not to overdo it,get your oven fixed?i will think about it,peace

Can u use microwave to decarb? Anyway I think except trim I won't make cannabutter any more simply inefficient with this tolerance rise.

EDIT: Problem with this oven is that it is working but it is burning everything! I don't know how to fix it. It is electrical one.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to leyus For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (06-12-13)

Thanks

not sure about microwave,i dont think id risk it best waiting till you get a new cooker,good luck.
    Can u use microwave to decarb? Anyway I think except trim I won't make cannabutter any more simply inefficient with this tolerance rise.

EDIT: Problem with this oven is that it is working but it is burning everything! I don't know how to fix it. It is electrical one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast