Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Drooping seedling 10 days old HELP?

Thanks

Well i think thats the problem my hygrometer went bang 2 days ago and waiting for another to come but it was reading 55-60 iv been putting buckets of water in there to bring it up iv ad a nightmare the last few days tbf bud any other way i can bring it up?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sharpy1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

you don,t need to bring it up, 55-60 is spot on, its just if you take the temps up in grow room then your rh will drop a touch, so i,d just leave things as they are and stick your pump on constantly and feed an ec of 0.4

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Fairy (09-12-13), GEORGE (31-10-21)

Thanks

Gotcha trigg i will let uno what happens and should have my diary up and running within a week mate when the gear arrives thanks for sharing your knowledge again pal!
    I hope this plant pulls through ay

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharpy1 For This Useful Post:

Fairy (09-12-13), GEORGE (31-10-21), Murdock (05-12-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

after running nft a few times i can tell you those plants dont want the pump on full turn it down to a trickle it is ment to be a film not a flow of water or just once every 4 hours or even longer you can see that one is suffering with over watering by the way the leaves are turning down imo,

and also keeping them on the dryer side of things will promote the plants to push roots out to search for the nutes and water and they will get down in the res sooner with the temps of 15c in there the tray wont dry put very quickly so no worries there imo,
    also block the pump end of the tank up by a extra half inch-ish this will stop water pooling (leads to root rot) and the root will sense the slope (byGravity) and head for the res

what nft are you using? the small 205s work very well but the bigger one really do need the block of wood under them

hope this helps dude

Forest

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

Fairy (09-12-13), GEORGE (31-10-21), sharpy1 (05-12-13)

Thanks

i don,t think its overwatering forrest , he,s only had his pump on for 15 mins every 4 hours, probably the roots drying out a bit too much imo, i work the same with the pump , start off with a trickle then turn it up as the root mass gets bigger but i have my pump on constantly and i,ve never had any overwatering issues

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Fairy (09-12-13), GEORGE (31-10-21), sharpy1 (05-12-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    after running nft a few times i can tell you those plants dont want the pump on full turn it down to a trickle it is ment to be a film not a flow of water or just once every 4 hours or even longer you can see that one is suffering with over watering by the way the leaves are turning down imo,

and also keeping them on the dryer side of things will promote the plants to push roots out to search for the nutes and water and they will get down in the res sooner with the temps of 15c in there the tray wont dry put very quickly so no worries there imo,
    also block the pump end of the tank up by a extra half inch-ish this will stop water pooling (leads to root rot) and the root will sense the slope (byGravity) and head for the res

what nft are you using? the small 205s work very well but the bigger one really do need the block of wood under them

hope this helps dude

Forest
    Cheers for your input forest but i also thought it was overwatering and i dried the rockwool out for over 24 hours and the roots are just in the top tray so i think i am going to give it a go on 24hrs on a slight trickle i have the 205 tanks and your bang on with the block of wood mate i am going to get on it as soon as i finish work as you can see the other one looks fine so i was a bit stumped tbh

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharpy1 For This Useful Post:

Fairy (09-12-13), GEORGE (31-10-21)

Thanks

i see it in the way the leaves curl down classic sign m8, and just cos you havent had it happen dont mean is not the case i found its very easy to over water with nft early on. and i read it that the pumps been on every 2 hours i think and at 15c its staying wet for that two hours and as you say the pump needs to be down really low at first

but it just imo m8, and they soon come good any way just need to find there feet in the system

regards Forest
    Last edited by Forest; 05-12-13 at 12:02 PM. Reason: im thick and cant type with these sausage fingers

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

Fairy (09-12-13), GEORGE (31-10-21), Murdock (05-12-13), sharpy1 (05-12-13)

Thanks

just cos one is fine dont mean the other should or will be m8 some times they react diff to their environment, nutes etc, , ah 205, the best nft size turn your pump right down

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-10-21), Murdock (05-12-13), sharpy1 (05-12-13)

Thanks

thats why i use tile spacers so they don,t get drowned works a treat

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

BobMarle (17-09-14), Dizzydave (08-08-17), Fairy (09-12-13), Forest (05-12-13), GEORGE (31-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    i see it in the way the leaves curl down classic sign m8, and just cos you havent had it happen dont mean is not the case i found its very easy to over water with nft early on. and i read it that the pumps been on every 2 hours i think and at 15c its staying wet for that two hours and as you say the pump needs to be down really low at first

but it just imo m8, and they soon come good any way just need to find there feet in the system

regards Forest
    Ye i understand that they react different but im just saying that 1 is looking gud so its not affecting all the plants in the system your advice is good matey and i take everything on board i wil defo get something to lift the cube up trigg iv got some spacers in the tool box so forest what do you suggest lifting the cube up as trigg says and i might also add when my pump does come on it is really low but obv not low enough haha

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sharpy1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-10-21)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast