Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: White Russian indoor from seed (first grow)

Thanks

Default White Russian indoor from seed (first grow)

Hiya all
    Been reading for a couple of months now on here and preparing my room at the same time, id just like to say first that this site has been really helpful as i have never even considered growing til recently and i have learnt LOTS from here, although i realise i only know 1% of what i need to ^^
    I dont have photos of the room at the moment but i will soon, here we go
    outdoor shed 1.8m * 2.0m * 1.8m high
    matt white painted breezeblocks
    adf lined ceiling
    concrete matt white painted floor
    baton frame with blackout 2 feet from door to contain light/smell
    1 400watt mh light
    2 400 watt sodium lights
    6" clip on fan
    9" oscillating fan
    10 * 4" pots and propogator to suit
    10 * 10"ish pots
    seedling compost with ji
    perlite
    allmix soil
    10 * white russian seeds from serious seeds/thctalk shop

From what i have read i think i will still need the following as a minimum

contactor
    digi timers
    ruck fan (or similar) and carbon filter + ducting
    nutrients (thinking of biobizz grow+bloom)

At the moment £ is very tight here so i havent got the money for these but i have a little coming soon which i have already earmarked for my grow

Would be great if anyone can tell me the things i have obviously missed

Anyway seeds came a mere 19 hours after ordering lol (nice one thctalk shop )
    I germinated them yesterday at 7pm using paper towels in a tupperware tub and (u may LOL) wrapped the tub in blackout material and placed them in a dark 75 degree cupboard.
    I checked them today at 5pm and im very happy so far with the results

But as im a complete novice i am not quite sure when to plant them, so any advice here also greatly appreciated.
    I am going to try to resist checking them until the morning and if i havent heard from anyone here and the roots are out much more than in the pic i will probably just plant them in the pots ive prepared with 70% seedling compost and 30% perlite and hope for the best
    Am i right in thinking i need to leave them in the growroom with the light off until they show?
    sorry for all the questions and mahoosive first post but hey im newb
    Last edited by gangjamin; 31-05-09 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks

looking good m8!
    i would leave em for mabe a day or so more and let the sprouts become a little longer then plant em in pots! i personally have always had my lights on in the growroom as soon as i have planted them in their pots! i cant speak for anyone else but this is what i have always done and there have bin no issues bcuz of this!

Peace! and best of luck!
    ----------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Thanks for the info and the vote of confidence m8!

Thanks

No worries m8! only real way to learn is to dive in the deep end and hope for the best! and good on ya for having a diary as they help you remember all the issues and solutions that come up during a first grow i wish i had written stuff down my first few grows so i could have had accses to my own ideas and fixes but shame on me i didnt and now several years later my memory isnt as good as it used to be lol so im struggling to keep up! well anyway i'll pull up a chair and look in on ya m8!

peace!

Thanks

lol i hear ya with the memory thing m8, wonder what that is?
    Just checked in on your diaries m8, your plants are lookin real nice man, its reassuring to have an accomplished grower watching my mistakes

Thanks

Checked on the seeds this morning about 10am and OMG they done some sprouting!!
    40 hours from germination

Not done this before but i thought they looked plenty big enough to plant so into the lil pots the babies went (in the seedling compost mix)

Weather here in the uk has been bonkers hot last few days and im now concerned that they will be toooo high in my room, they reached 77f today without light on!
    So i decided their 18 hour cycle will be 4pm to 10am to help combat the high temps i expect :S
    I will be checking on them later before bed to make sure the temp isnt too high to leave the light on overnight or i guess ill have to switch it off, which im hoping wont hurt them too much as theyre not even out of the ground yet.
    What is the max temp i should be looking at please anyone????
    As promised a lil piccy of the room.

Well thats it for now thanks for looking in and as always ANY advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

good on you m8 great lookin sprouts! 100% germination rate?
    and as long as you stay below 87f and above 65f you should do fine!

Thanks

yes m8 100% germination!! absolutely buzzin with these seeds, think i got a touch of beginners luck
    As you know im novice but i think the centre seed in the pic had its cotyledon (sorry spelling) showing aswell but maybe thats just wishful thinking/lack of knowledge...
    thanks for the heads up on the temps i am guestimating it'll hit 90+ but hope not im off out to check it shortly.

Thanks

great start ganjaman,very well done wi the germ rate you can leave the babies anywhere light to start them off even on the window sill jist till the wee first set of leaves,am no sayin that word ye said come through then they can go under light a day or two after.well done man.weed heed

Thanks

thanks weed heed, as i said i think i got lucky with the germ rate, just hope i aint used up all my luck at this stage lol.
    cheers for the info too mate, gives me a little more time to get my hands on some money if theyre too hot in there to get some kind of ventilation and thanks for popping in m8 please call again

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast