Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 325

Thread: White Russian indoor from seed (first grow)

  1. #41

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sunny england
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for hopping aboard m8, glad you think its going ok always nice to get some reassurance and thanks for the info, not just info but my favorite type (budget info! ).
    Been surfing for a while for fans recently as i think the room is crying out for extraction! but ive been gettin more confused than educated as you cant tell from web pics and blurb how loud/quiet all fan types are so thanks so much for your comprehensive report/advice mate !!
    Im thinking of going for a 5" ruck/filter package from fleabay/justfans or similar place cos theyre like half the price of ponics stores sometimes! think that should be ample for 400W MH and a 400W HPS (maybe 2HPS depends on fem rate?). Is it ok to tee the ruck into veg and flower using a Y duct splitter??? or will i have to sort a seperate veg extraction???
    The 2 that are rusty were sprayed 2 days ago with fungicide and dont seem to have changed much but are still growing so fingers crossed theyre ok. Im not certain it is fungus because none of the others show any signs of it but i guess time will tell.
    Ive repoted the last babies today from 4 to 5 inch pots using allmix and added some perlite, this will hopefully lower the ph of the mix ive also watered them in with distilled water while im messing with the very strong canna organic PH down i bought to get my tap water down from 8-9 to 6-7. It went smoother than i expected and the babs look happy so far ill be able to tell better @5pm when lights go back on, cant wait! still excited to see them every day
    Thanks again for the info it really does help!
    Last edited by gangjamin; 17-06-09 at 12:33 PM.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    1,421
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 133 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    Extraction is not needed when vegging, good passive intake/outake is fine, my extraction never goes on till 2nd or so week of flower.

    The 125 will be plenty for the 400w, thats what i use, and as long as you have a fan blowing in between the tops and the light, its all good.

    I only ever use basic compost for vegging, and flowering, basic compost with added JI, perfect almost every grow, that way you dont have to feed, cause theres plent good stuff in the soil.

    I pot up 4 times, and the last flower potup gets the ji version, veg for a couple of weeks and throw those babies into 12/12, the best yields are achieved when you wait for the pre-flowers to show before the flip. I only add food as such, i am 90% organic so my feeds will differ from yours i'm sure, at about 2 weeks after flowering has started, however before hand i add other goodies that I have worked out to improve things.

    Check my diary for the full spec, its called 'Shared Grow' in the organics room.

    You'll be fine just dont over fiddle and worry, its a weed mate, it grows like one, and it will take some abuse, serious abuse before they even consider giving up the ghost, patience is the real secret to a successful grow IMO.

    Good luck feller, the world is your oyster, or your cannabis plant anyways


  3. #43
    ME SMOKEM Guest

    Default

    looks like you got a fine start there young fella...i like the grow space so far ..is that grille cover on the wall for fresh air intake or is it hooked to your HVAC system..it looks like return air girlle for heat and a/c..if it is for freesh air good placement nice n low.. just curious ,i am a HVAC service technician...your gonna need a good exhaust for 2 hps and 1 mh....Peace

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    1,421
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 133 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBoy View Post
    Extraction is not needed when vegging, good passive intake/outake is fine, my extraction never goes on till 2nd or so week of flower.

    The 125 will be plenty for the 400w, thats what i use, and as long as you have a fan blowing in between the tops and the light, its all good.

    I only ever use basic compost for vegging, and flowering, basic compost with added JI, perfect almost every grow, that way you dont have to feed, cause theres plent good stuff in the soil.

    I pot up 4 times, and the last flower potup gets the ji version, veg for a couple of weeks and throw those babies into 12/12, the best yields are achieved when you wait for the pre-flowers to show before the flip. I only add food as such, i am 90% organic so my feeds will differ from yours i'm sure, at about 2 weeks after flowering has started, however before hand i add other goodies that I have worked out to improve things.

    Check my diary for the full spec, its called 'Shared Grow' in the organics room.

    You'll be fine just dont over fiddle and worry, its a weed mate, it grows like one, and it will take some abuse, serious abuse before they even consider giving up the ghost, patience is the real secret to a successful grow IMO.

    Good luck feller, the world is your oyster, or your cannabis plant anyways

    Sorry mis read your post, 2 400w, i would suggest getting a bigger fan than the 125mm, if you get maybe a 200mm, you should be able to 'Y' split the extraction, however you will need a monster filter, and your prices are going to rocket a bit, however same applies, use a non hydro shop and you'll save a bundle

    If you get more than you need in the way of extraction you can always wind it back with the fan comtroller build i suggested, however if you don't have enough you might have to buy it all twice....

  5. #45

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sunny england
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for all that info and advice buddyboy, i have checked your diary briefly m8 and i like your growing techiniques, looks great as do the plants, bit pushed for time tonight but i will defo be giving it a full read soon
    Hmm the fan is expensive as you say if i wanna use 2 HPS and/or tee into veg, i might go with just using the ruck for flower and see if i can get away with passive ventilation in veg when i curtain it off from the flower area and i only say maybe 2 HPS if i get lots of females (crosses everything ), what is the max females i can get under a 400W HPS if i veg until preflower any idea?


    Quote Originally Posted by ME SMOKEM View Post
    looks like you got a fine start there young fella...i like the grow space so far ..is that grille cover on the wall for fresh air intake or is it hooked to your HVAC system..it looks like return air girlle for heat and a/c..if it is for freesh air good placement nice n low.. just curious ,i am a HVAC service technician...your gonna need a good exhaust for 2 hps and 1 mh....Peace
    Thanks me smokem for popping in and your comments i wish i had a HVAC system but unfortunately it is my attempt at fresh air intake it is just 2 brick vents wrapped in the mrs old tights and shoved in a whole i cut in the wall
    I put it low for passive intake after reading here and one the opposite corner and high up for passive exhaust but to be honest it doesnt appear to do a lot lol.

    Day 16 Couple of pics all in their new pots and settling in




    Still looking a bit heat stressed but i have raised the light a bit to try to help this but temps are rarely above 80F :S

  6. #46

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sunny england
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    sorry for double post but OMG its really happening! I can smell my babies and they smells mmmmmmmmm

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    1,421
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 133 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    MMMMmmmm smells......always a good sign

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    here n there
    Posts
    1,425
    Thanks
    1,302
    Thanked 754 Times in 444 Posts

    Default

    looking nice mate thats the strain i wanted to grow will be keeping any eye on this one
    ----------------
    DEC 2010 POTM 3RD PLACE !!! x2 cfl bulbs big bud x super silver haze , and super lemon haze
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-wardrobe-grow[/U]

    room 1 , sour cream and amnesia haze CFL SCROG[/U]
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...L-grow-by-Br4d[

    When i am good no one remembers ... when iam bad no one forgets

  9. #49

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sunny england
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Br4d View Post
    looking nice mate thats the strain i wanted to grow will be keeping any eye on this one
    Nice to have you aboard m8

    Well the babs are still looking heat stressed but theyre really taking off now, temps are never above 80 and i keep moving the light up daily (20" away now)to try to combat this although looks to me like theyre stretching a lil :s just dont know what else to do for them any suggestions or other causes of leaf curling please anyone?
    Also the 2 that had rusty spots on keep getting more on them so they all had some gnat off this morning, also got a proper ph tester, watered them with tap water that was sat 24 hours first and ph downed to 6.5, checked the runoff and it was 6.5 so ive ruled ph problems out i think?
    Have seen a couple of flying bastards in there though like one every other day for the last week.
    Any advice/comments appreciated
    Ill take some pics tomorrow until then.....
    ps smell is heavenly

  10. #50

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sunny england
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Ok piccy update, its quite a big one so sorry but its for my own reference as much as anything
    2 plants still not too well and still no idea why so they are off to the infirmary section but heres a couple of pics incase they catch interest here form someone who recognises it.

    Slightly healthier of 2 ill ones

    All still have some leaf curl too, some worse than others i thought this was heat stress but i dont think it is anymore temps have been 68/78f for days now and humidity 60/70% light is still at 20" from tops,surely it aint hot enough to be heat stress???


    this pic shows the height of them quite well

    A group shot

    Some oveheads of some of the happier peeps





    Please feel free to comment even if you want rip me apart i dont care but would be nice if it was constructive.
    Thanks folks

  11. #51

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The smokey side of the Moon
    Posts
    12,940
    Thanks
    4,188
    Thanked 6,609 Times in 3,240 Posts

    Default

    Theres definitely heat stress with the twisting, the light height of 12 inch for 400 is on plants rather than seedlings, i use to have my light at around 2 foot maybe 3 from lil uns n let them grow to light, the rust patches i aint so sure about but you should be okay as new growth is fine. It will all be fine they are hardy fuckers and survive most things not nute related, the rest look like they should and you doing a good job mate.




  12. #52

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sunny england
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the info dekay, funny enough another kind gent replied on my infirmary post and backed up what you have said with the light being to close before and it being heat stress.
    They have grown like crazy the last few days since they hit the new soil and the light has been like 20" (compared to 14" last week) away so i guess i will raise it some more maybe back to 24" to get rid of the curling and let them grow to the light. I just hope it doesnt keep spreading to the new growth i guess if it does i have another problem but fingers crossed.
    Its reassuring to have someone who knows his shit pop in and say the rest look good though thanks m8, its not all doom and gloom

  13. #53

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sunny england
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Bah some brown speckling on the new growth again today dunno if they have deficiency/bug problem but i doubt its the light causing this rusty shit :s
    Even seems to be slowly getting to the healthier ones now
    Thinking of giving them some epsom salts tomorrow see if that helps.

  14. #54

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sunny england
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Ok firstly, thanks to monty, they aint gettin poisoned with espom salts. (yes im newb )
    One of them has a whole in her leaf, im thinking there must be a lil leaf chomper in the room somewhere! didnt have time to get a decent pic today.
    Checked some of the pots today and some need repotting as they have roots bursting out the bottom of pots! Theyre in 5" (1 litre ish) pots now and all i have is roughly 5 litre pots and cant afford owt else atm so in they will go tomorrow i guess, just hope that aint too big a jump?

    Anyway few piccies
    Rust? spreading to some of the healthier ones---ignore the melons/tomatoes they are not taking me over my 10 plant limit!

    Heights

    Overhead of average sized one.

    One of poorly Plant number 10 being watched over by her big sisters

    Thats it for now

  15. #55

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    972
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 116 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Lovin' the leaves they are so flat and uniform!!

    Melons? me 2!! I got a honeydew in at the moment the 1st leaves are HUGE rounded things, Ill get a pic up soon

    Nice work man,

    Ny,

  16. #56

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    1,421
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 133 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    The browning spots and tips are nute over feed, but so far its ok - no mnore food though!, just a silly question, but i havent read the post properly, i am assuming you have administered food of some description...

    The reason why i suggest this is that your new leaf growth looks very green, when my plants chuck out new leaves they are lightish green in colour and as they get bigger and they develop the colour regulates, your looks a little too green, therefore you might have given them a little too much N feed...

    In your situation/position i would always advocate plain water until between 2and 4 weeks in flower, you might need a weak N feed just before then, but the soils today have so much in the meduim you rarely need to add to it...

    Just plain water until you repot, which i would imagine will be soon, you then wont have to feed them again as the new soil has enough nutrients present...

    My apologies if I am barking completely up the wrong tree.


  17. #57

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sunny england
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nydiesel View Post
    Lovin' the leaves they are so flat and uniform!!
    Melons? me 2!! I got a honeydew in at the moment the 1st leaves are HUGE rounded things, Ill get a pic up soon

    Nice work man,

    Ny,
    Hi m8 thanks for your kind words
    Decided to get some toms for a bit of a disguise when i bring some out to repot etc, but while i was there i couldnt resist buying some melons and chiles lol
    Should be interesting cos i never grew fruit/veg before normally i just plant bedding/basket seeds, looking forward to some pics of yours so i know what to expect

    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBoy View Post
    The browning spots and tips are nute over feed, but so far its ok - no mnore food though!, just a silly question, but i havent read the post properly, i am assuming you have administered food of some description...

    The reason why i suggest this is that your new leaf growth looks very green, when my plants chuck out new leaves they are lightish green in colour and as they get bigger and they develop the colour regulates, your looks a little too green, therefore you might have given them a little too much N feed...

    In your situation/position i would always advocate plain water until between 2and 4 weeks in flower, you might need a weak N feed just before then, but the soils today have so much in the meduim you rarely need to add to it...

    Just plain water until you repot, which i would imagine will be soon, you then wont have to feed them again as the new soil has enough nutrients present...

    My apologies if I am barking completely up the wrong tree.

    Yes m8 ur barking up the wrong tree but no probs lol.
    All they have had is plain water no feed whatsoever yet.
    They were repotted about a week ago though from John Innes seedling compost to biobizz allmix and i was wondering if the allmix might be too strong for them, now you really got me wondering hehe
    I pointed the brown out cos i thought maybe it was something spreading from the poorly ones i have in the infrimary here https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=11687
    The ones showing roots are getting repotted in the morning from 1 litre pots to 5 litre pots into more allmix which ill probably add about 30% perlite to aswell and will get watered in until dripping through with plain water.
    Thanks for poppiing in again m8

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    972
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 116 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Heya dude just a quick Q do you check the PH of the water before use and after nutes have been added?

    Ny,

  19. #59

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The smokey side of the Moon
    Posts
    12,940
    Thanks
    4,188
    Thanked 6,609 Times in 3,240 Posts

    Default

    (R U X hydro.) Hes in soil it buffers ph very well especially JI that it was in before, i have never phed me water for soil or hempy for that matter, and he says he aint used nutes. I think they will be fine, fingers crossed but whatever stress it was will mean they all males anyways. j/k




  20. #60

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Big bad Ganjamin

    Good on you mate you beat me to the russian so far its looks good every thing looks good so far just keep the fresh air coming and the room temp right dont over or under feed if you do it once or twice you'll be cool but try not to. good luck with the rest of grow ill be watching.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Automatic: White Widow x White Russian (Russian Widows)
    By niceneasy in forum Completed Grow Diaries
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-08-11, 04:33 PM
  2. First grow white widow, white russian
    By Novablaze in forum Abandoned Diaries
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 31-12-10, 03:28 PM
  3. My first grow..White Russian
    By uk_munk in forum Abandoned Diaries
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-07-10, 08:41 PM
  4. White Russian Indoor Soil Grow
    By noimesparticus in forum Abandoned Diaries
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-02-10, 07:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     GYO Seedbank     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK