Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: White Russian indoor from seed (first grow)

Thanks

7 days old now and just getting there second set of leaves
    2 of the plants second sets are looking pretty brown especially at the base, dunno if this is anything to worry about but i took the best pic i could of it for you peeps to have a nosy at, they havent been fed so the only precaution i could think of was to put the light back up to 16"

A couple of the happier ones!

thats all for now folks, as always any observations welcome

Thanks

Looking good m8!
    just a tiny leaf mutation there nothing to be worried bout so it should have a wonderfull future m8!

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Thanks m8 im actually starting to like the rebel mutant bitch i got now lol
    Gettin ready for repotting i think now 10 days old in 4 inch pots and i think they may be coming on a lil slow ill post some pics tomoz with more detail of the soil/pots im thinkin of using for the repot.

Thanks

gangjamin. will be watching this one. hopefully we`l see some awesome bids in 6-8weeks. Good Luck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f430 View Post
    gangjamin. will be watching this one. hopefully we`l see some awesome bids in 6-8weeks. Good Luck
    **awesome buds**

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f430 View Post
    Thanks for poppin in m8, as for 6-8 weeks i dunno yet how long im gonna veg em im thinkin around 18" and then 12/12 so only time will tell there

Ok ive resisted overposting as much as i can now so its update time!!!
    Apologies in advance cos it may be a big one with lots of n00b questions
    As always any advice/observations greatly appreciated!
    Day 13 since the first baby popped soil-
    Ok first i have had a few small problems
    only ventilation is an 8*5" netted whole for intake at bottom and same at top opposite corner.
    When we had such low temps last week i blocked the passive intake to try to keep temps above 60 in lights off and i only uncovered it today so i think one of my problems "might" be lack of ventilation related rust fungus? on some of the leaves of 2 plants, (humididty has been 70-75% since the intake was blocked off), or light burn or something else! lol
    Anyway for now light has been raised to 15/16" and intake unblocked
    Rusty leaf pics

Also bought a ph testing kit cos money is so tight still i couldnt afford a truncheon so ive got capsule type wotsit.
    tested the soil of the rusty leaved baby and it showing 7.5-8.0!
    So dunno how accurate it is but i tested the water ive been watering with and after it had been sat few days in the growroom it was 7.0-7.5 and a fresh sample ( boiled 1 hour ago) ph was 8.0 minimum! tomorrow i will be buying some lime or ph up + down to try to combat this also any other suggestions welcome ofcourse!
    I also think i might have been pushing it with the light too close but im trying to find my feet here, anyway i think a lot of them are showing early signs of heat stress with leaf edges curling up and some growth reaching skywards.

Now onto repotting and advice needed here also
    I have been checking daily and no roots are showing on any of them so far, i have repotted a couple of them from JI seedling mix in 4" pots into Allmix in 5" pots to see if they pick up any faster. I only have 4" (they are in now) 5" and 10" (2 for a quid from £shop LOL) pots at the moment so im thinking either an 8" pot also or maybe even ditch the 5" and get some 8" instead then onto 10" for final?
    pic of 4" 5" 10" cheapos

In all my fluster of ph testing and analysing shit today i forgot to get a nice pic of the more advanced girlies so they will follow tomorrow!
    Wow this is taking a long time cant wait to wrap one in a minute and chillout lol

Ok on a happier note a pic of the mutant girl who i love now

And a group shot

Thanks for looking in guys and hopefully some of you fine people can point me in the right direction

Monty Bong Guest

Lovely looking growspace you have dude, and mixed spec lighting too! very nice mate.

Your seedlings are looking a wee bit stressed by heat to me, what are you vegging them under?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Bong View Post
    Lovely looking growspace you have dude, and mixed spec lighting too! very nice mate.

Your seedlings are looking a wee bit stressed by heat to me, what are you vegging them under?
    Thanks m8, the lighting was a very lucky start as it was free from a m8, no posh shades etc but im lucky to have them nonetheless!

The seedlings are under a 400W Metal Halide lamp and they were sat like 13/14" away for a few days and didnt show any signs (or i didnt spot any) of heat stress, i have since moved them back to 16" as they were fine at 15" previously.
    I have the thermometer pinned to the back of an upright baton (opposite side to the light) as im lead to believe it cant be in the direct light, temps are normally 70-80f and humidity is 70-75%. I have a 9" fan blowing towards the bulb and a 6" clip on fan blowing at the plants.
    This is a pic of the same plant in the only black pot just before i pushed my luck with the light for comparison.

Thanks for popping in and for your kind comments monty

Thanks

I must have just missed this one, nice going there matey. Coming along well

A couple of things that might help a bit for a man on a budget;

1. fan speed controller - you can buy a variac fan controller switch from B&Q for £17, along with a small junction box £1.50 and a section of IP rated cable £2.00, 1m would be fine, you can build a perfectly adequate fan speed controller, no need to spend £80/90 which appears to be the norm, basically mine and the boxed 'posh' and 'dedicated hydroponic' fan speed controller are one and the same. One thing to be aware of is the 'buzzing' thats created by the switch when it regulates the speeds, it sounds scary but if you have used the proper variac switch, perfectly safe. I will be posting a build guide in the DIY section straight after my current grow has finished.

Secondly; when you buy an extractor the fan it will come in a box, which is the perfect size to build a muffler for the motor sound, these fans are quoted as being silent, they are not, don't be fooled by marketing bumpf. They are very quiet in comparrison to say, a bathroom fan, or a kitchen extractor, but they are still quite noisey, and they are also bigger than you imagine. Anyway, remove the fan from the box, cut the correct sized holes for the ducting in the box, stuff the box with bubble wrap and cloths put the fan back in and attach the ducting. Voila! fan muffler of the highest order .
    acoustic ducting will make the 'air rushing' sound mimimal, however if you cover the exaust duct end with a sock or the such, this interrupts the extraction flow and makes it a lot quieter...

Extraction is essential for a good grow, it helps refresh the air properly, and along with a carbon filter, removes nasty niffs, very important indeed.

I did my first grow years ago without an extractor, all i can say is good job it was a student house, cause the house was full of that skunky smell , and no amount of airwick smellies covered the smell, especially when they were getting to the final throws, phew, pongy to say the least

All this stuff appears expensive, however with the best conditions for growing, the first harvest pays for it all in spades

Keep goping mate, you picked a lovely strain, and you will be rewarded if you get it even close to right!

Good luck feller, i love it when a new grow comes to town

Thanks

And RUCK are the fan of choice, should have added that, they are more powerful and quieter that the RVK fans, and if you shop about you can pick up a high powered 125mm for about £50 plus a fiver for postage, if you use a grow shop for this product you will pay between £70 and £90...just look at batroom and kitchen equipment websites, justfans is a good start

Hope that helps abit also

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast