Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 Ounces in 8 weeks the easy way! Get Grandad as a Mentor! Trainwreck RDWC Scrog!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,552 Times

Quote Originally Posted by old digger View Post
    N K i justs had another look at your groom !!! 4ft 9inch tall ??
    its gonna be tight man !!
    but you can still do it , crack on man
    Thats the main reason behind the cool tubes & Screen. I can get the lights closer to the bud! I didn't have faith before I built it. Now everythings said and done I have a bit more confidence...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doubie View Post
    I hope you don't end up regretting buying greenhouse seeds!
    Whys that dude?

Doubie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Newby_Koi View Post
    Whys that dude?
    Greenhouse have a bad reputation of not giving 2 suits about their seeds, or the customer. Full of great genetics, but prone to non-germination, hermies or plain bad plants. Not all seeds, but they have a bad reputation next to many other breeders.

It'd be terrible if one of them were to hermie, you'd loose half your crop!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Doubie For This Useful Post:

Bob2142 (30-01-14), Koi_Carp (29-01-14), The Rambler (29-01-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doubie View Post
    Greenhouse have a bad reputation of not giving 2 suits about their seeds, or the customer. Full of great genetics, but prone to non-germination, hermies or plain bad plants. Not all seeds, but they have a bad reputation next to many other breeders.

It'd be terrible if one of them were to hermie, you'd loose half your crop!
    I suppose theire is a risk of Hermie from all seeds, as it can be caused by stress to the plant and various other circumstances. As for customer service I would never complain about seeds not germinating to anyone as we just are not meant to be doing it lol I read somewhere that suppliers are obliged to report anyone complaining of failed germination, any truth in that I don't know but not worth the risk to me. We have already got over one hurdle as germ is done and they are growing quick enough all be it with a stretch!

To be honest if I hit 30 ounces its enough to last me and the Mrs 18 months fs! I enjoy the growing that much can't imagine not having to do it for a year haha!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4339.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	246914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4340.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	246915

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koi_Carp For This Useful Post:

Cybes (31-01-14), denots (13-06-14)

Doubie Guest

You're right, a lot of seeds do carry hermie genes, but they do seem to be more pronounced with Greenhouse. The only hermie I've ever had was one of theirs.

Just be aware of the risk, I'm only telling you now because it won't affect you much if you change your mind and grow something else

Growing is a lot more addictive than smoking!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doubie For This Useful Post:

Cybes (31-01-14), Koi_Carp (29-01-14)

Thanks

I know mate 6 months ago I had a wardrobe with a 250w HPS in it! Then I had an old boiler house with a 400W HPS in it! Now look at what I built! If I tot up what I have spent it would probably of been cheaper to buy weed! Although the quality is different and hopefully this grow will see me through! Then cover the price of equipment!

Peace!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koi_Carp For This Useful Post:

Bob2142 (30-01-14), Cybes (31-01-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Yo newby. Subbd up m8.
    I think its a neat little grow space. As u say the height shouldnt be a problem wiv the cool tubes. Wiv grandad looking over ya shoulder n a 600w over each plant....30oz all in should be a doddle lol.
    But good luck lads.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

Koi_Carp (29-01-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RASTA FAE GLESGA View Post
    Yo newby. Subbd up m8.
    I think its a neat little grow space. As u say the height shouldnt be a problem wiv the cool tubes. Wiv grandad looking over ya shoulder n a 600w over each plant....30oz all in should be a doddle lol.
    But good luck lads.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence fella, looked into it beforehand and they say 18" for donkey dicks from the screen up and 12" from there to the bulbs and thats with standard hoods! I have that and I am using the cools so ink it will be cool! If not fuck it I have an old lorry body at the bottom of my yard that will be glowing in a few months time hahahaha!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

Nice mate, you'll do well with Grandad giving you a helping hand.

Grew out GHS Trainwreck a few times. Nice heavy greasy smell. Almost like synthetic rubber, one of those strange ones. Can picture it in my nasal cavities now. Some nice autumny colours come through the end of flower on the leafs, oranges, reds and purples. Its a nice plant but its definitely nothing like the original Arcata Trainwreck (That Ive also grown out, which was totally Sativa dom)

Will be following.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

Cybes (31-01-14), Koi_Carp (29-01-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
    Nice mate, you'll do well with Grandad giving you a helping hand.

Grew out GHS Trainwreck a few times. Nice heavy greasy smell. Almost like synthetic rubber, one of those strange ones. Can picture it in my nasal cavities now. Some nice autumny colours come through the end of flower on the leafs, oranges, reds and purples. Its a nice plant but its definitely nothing like the original Arcata Trainwreck (That Ive also grown out, which was totally Sativa dom)

Will be following.
    Welcome aboard mate

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Koi_Carp For This Useful Post:

Cybes (31-01-14)

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast