Thread: Expanding grow set up for yeild

Thanks

Default Expanding grow set up for yeild

Hello guys, newbie grower had a coco grow with white widow big budda seeds and it went great.
    Looking to increase my yeilds with a few tips hopefully!

Firstly
    Should i change my grow medium to a hydroponic set up with clay pebals.

Secondly
    I currently own a 1.6m by 1.6m should i buy another one of these of have a 2.5m by2.5m and buy better/bigger fans

Thirdly
    I used one 600w light in my tent would i benefit more from two or a 1000w instead

Fourthly
    Would i benefit from scrog or sog not sure how but would research and try

Thanks guys

Thanks

Firstly, hydroponics is a different ball game, unless you know what your doing stick with soil as one wrong decision can destroy your hole crop, hydro does improve yield and time if your happy to take a risk. Gain some more experiance with soil until you are confident enough to start hydro.
    Secondly, a bigger tent is better if your trying to grow more and bigger fans would be needed, but be aware as bigger fans = bigger noise.
    Thirdly, if you get the bigger tent buy two 600w as you can spread the light in the tent more and have more control of heat temps.
    Forthly, a Scrog is only able to work if you have a hydro set up. As you won't be able to move around or feed your back plants as there's a massive net in the way.

Hope this helps

Dpp.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 1,951 Posts

If I were you I would stick with coco, it's less hassle than hydro.
    Get a second tent for vegging/mothers/clones, that way you can stick in new readily vegged plants in your flower tent the second you chop what's in there.
    Having 2 separate rooms for vegging/flowering is by far the best way to achieve quicker (which means more) yields.
    The best kind of alcohol is a lot!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,098 Posts

If coco worked for you, do it again. Don't be too quick to screw things up by changing things you don't need to. Coco is preferred choice for many gifted growers.

You say more yield without using numbers. Useless. In that size space, you should be able to get 25-30 oz per harvest. So unless you have done that and want more, you do not need more space, you need more skill. And the 600watt you have should get you to a pound or so, but at some point you will want 1000w to maximize that space. Waste of money until you solve other issues.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galt For This Useful Post:

Homeharvest (08-02-14), MonkeyTime (08-02-14)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice this has helped plan my next grow.
    Problery will go with two tents

Will i be able to lst my plants and have them veging behide my flowering crop

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Homeharvest View Post
    Thanks for the advice this has helped plan my next grow.
    Problery will go with two tents

Will i be able to lst my plants and have them veging behide my flowering crop

Thanks
    You can't veg and flower in the same tent unfortunately, you can use autos in your veg tent though if you get some extra space there inbetween grows but that would defeat the purpose of using fewer plants

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveyJones For This Useful Post:

Homeharvest (08-02-14)

Thanks

My plan would be to grow 4 seeds and lst them. After that i will go onto veg and then flower.
    From the tops of the plants that i lst i will root then and veg in another tent,which i will then move i to my other tent to flower.
    Thanks

Any tips welcomed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Homeharvest View Post
    My plan would be to grow 4 seeds and lst them. After that i will go onto veg and then flower.
    From the tops of the plants that i lst i will root then and veg in another tent,which i will then move i to my other tent to flower.
    Thanks

Any tips welcomed
    That's the general idea.
    While your plants are flowering you have time to clone and veg up the next plants, this way you will save a month or so of time every cycle since you can just flower the cloned plants right away when the flowering room is available

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveyJones For This Useful Post:

Homeharvest (08-02-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 867 Posts

supercrop and top as they grow, when they are as tall as you need them before flowering, take away the bottom 50% of branches leaving it bear.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to algie For This Useful Post:

Homeharvest (08-02-14)

Thanks

Ive noticed even after my first grow i can improve on lots of different things and am looking forward to the next outcome.
    Hope i can keep ontop of the extra tent and different batch of plants to look after.
    Improving my fans and adding some variable output on them is a must next grow.
    Training my plants better in veg and different ways to tie buds up will help.

Thanks