Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my project pc growbox

Thanks
    Thanked 5 Times

Default my project pc growbox

just sharing my project pc growbox.. still having problems with the temperature getting too high to 34 deg celsius. i am thinking of taking out the strip lights on the side. planning a 1 plant grow, dwc, northern lights auto. any suggestions or comments are welcome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	255104   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	233 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	255105   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	197 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	255106   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	201 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	255107   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	202 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	255108  
    Last edited by padyakol; 14-03-14 at 06:39 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to padyakol For This Useful Post:

BunsBuds (30-04-16), Despoina (18-01-16), Sparrow (14-03-14), Special Branch (14-03-14), Valentina (27-07-17)

Thanks

Nice tidy looking grow box you have there mate! Any ways of increasing extraction?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to first-timer101 For This Useful Post:

padyakol (15-03-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,188 Times

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Special Branch For This Useful Post:

padyakol (15-03-14)

Thanks

Nice lil box buddy me and my mate are making one currently also, except with a 125 cfl cause i couldnt talk him into coughing up for the leds you using a passive intake?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparrow For This Useful Post:

padyakol (15-03-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 5 Times

thanks guys! the fan on the bottom left is intake while the top right is exhaust, was thinking of adding 1 more fan for intake and not sure where to put it. i will incorporate an active carbon filter for the exhaust. is it better to have 2 intake fans joined together or should i make it 1 intake and 2 exhausts? not sure about how passive intake works, i am a newbie. care to explain how it works.
    Last edited by padyakol; 15-03-14 at 03:23 AM.

Thanks

Nice setup

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gander For This Useful Post:

padyakol (15-03-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by padyakol View Post
    thanks guys! the fan on the bottom left is intake and top right is exhaust, was thinking of adding 1 more fan for intake and not sure where to put it. i will incorporate an active carbon filter for the exhaust. is it better to have 2 intake fans joined together or should i make it 1 intake and 2 exhausts? not sure about how passive intake works, i am a newbie. care to explain how it works.
    I was wondering the same thing about the fans with the filter. I joined 2 fans together in a mock up and it does increase the airflow. But does it shorten the fans life? We will have to see.

Thanks

passive intake is basically just a box with an extraction fan only, with no intake fan for pushing air into the box. Passive is ideal with filters as you will want a negative pressure inside the case. Active extraction would be an extraction fan + an intake fan. If you are going to use a filter on the extractor, you will need passive ventilation, otherwise it'll be positive pressure and the intake will push air out of the box elsewhere other than the filter.

Two pc fans in a stack, ie one on top of the other has no benefit if they rotate the same way. The air leaving a fan is swirling - because of the fans rotation. This air needs to be straightened up before the 2nd fan for it to have any benefit.

You can achieve better pressure from pc fans by stacking counter rotating fans together, ie have one anti-clockwise rotating fan blowing into a clockwise rotating fan.

there are very few and I mean few counter clockwise fans, they all tend to rotate the same way, however there is one on the market - Arctic F12 Pro, stack this to blow into anArctic F12 PWM PST CO. (both 120mm. You maybe able use the LED power supply to power them too, as it may run at 12v.

I have 2 stacks running at about 9-10v pulling through a regular cylindrical carbon filter and achieve near comparable extraction rates to a proper extractor running on slow mode, running at 15v gives me about the same rate, maybe a little less.

Where do you get the LED strip lights from? I'm thinking of using some myself.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suggz1980 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing about the fans with the filter. I joined 2 fans together in a mock up and it does increase the airflow. But does it shorten the fans life? We will have to see.
    PC fans are based on zero static pressure, the air flow might increase slightly with no filter (no filter = no static pressure), but soon as you add a filter, two or three fans in series have no benefit. The only way to increase the pressure is to have counter rotating fans and have more fan blades. (see my other reply)

Thanks

Very nice led stripes.

I saw it on Ebay.. do this led strips really works?

How is your grow??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast