Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st grow

Thanks

sukid yes they all get same feeding started the nut levels off at 100 then every 4 days we bumped it up. now were at 600 ppm and there have been a few upgrades to the system and i cant get the pics to load up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to podman1973 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

all the chem. are on dosing pumps. PH down and nut feedings are all on 1.1ml per min dosing pumps set up on a computer controller system. Add the chiller in and the auto top off (6 stage RO DI system) and it practically runs its self, all we have to do is make sure the bottles never run out.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to podman1973 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

it a RDWC system on steroids!! ill try and get pic of the updated system on.......its overkill but what the hell you only live once!.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to podman1973 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

equipment list:
    600w mh 4200k, 2 250w mh 4200k
    main pump: 225 gph
    chiller 1/4 hpw with 6oo ghp pump in res water temp 68
    computer controller: digital aquatics reef-keeper lite
    dosing pumps: 3 1.1ml per hour
    res: 40g
    top off res: 40g
    water system: 6 stage RO DI
    auto top off
    chem: PH down, GH A and B
    4 5gal bucket connected with 2in pvc
    what i call "nervous system": 1/2 tube runs through the 2in and T's up in each bucket with 600ghp pump in res
    makes sure every bucket has same ph, nut levels and adds O2
    air pumps: 3
    each bucket has 1 maxijet in it as well with 1 air stone
    Co2: 5lb bottle with needle value in regulator (can control co2 output by the bubble)
    I will try and upload the system schematics it makes more sense to look at a pic of it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to podman1973 For This Useful Post:

lousizzle (24-03-14)

Thanks

sukid it is a little high tech (lol) i am a saltwater reef hobbyist and you would be shocked at what all can cross over! Just going to let the little one ride and see what happens, since i use RO DI water i had to add cal and mag. I added mix of mag sulfate and mag chloride, and plane old calcium chloride all pharm. grade. The seeds.........now theres the seceret sauce.......my cousin created this strain. Doesn't have a name yet. We do a total system flush every 30 days so, may knock those nuts back to 300 or 400 just to be safe. being a noob at this any suggestions will be greatly app.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to podman1973 For This Useful Post:

Mo! (04-04-14)

Thanks

im def. no pro this is my first run and i have looked at your grow A+++ brother, what are bennies? each bucket has so much movement and air bubbles its not funny but i need to 1. find out what benies are 2. get em

12. The Following User Says Thank You to podman1973 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

*forgot to add
    ph control: American marine pinpoint ph controler
    ph monitors for each bucket
    EC/tds handheld meter.

Thanks

ahh beneficial bacteria i have lots of that i use with my aquariums! my entire system temp stays at 68 ( res and every bucket thanks to the "nervous system"). Since i use MH heat was an issue that we had to seriously think about before the build even began so we have 3 fans 2 box fans that are on timers (left one comes on for 15 sec. then goes off, right one comes on 15 sec. then both come on for 10 sec then cycle starts all over) the 3rd fan is a little one that pushes the co2 it comes on for 15 min of every hour. Actually your build is what inspired me to join this site and get up and running!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to podman1973 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

the co2 regulator is run by the computer control and only comes on for 15 min of every hour (synced with the little fan)

Thanks

I had light 24/7 but just switched it to 20/4 the co2 is shut off completely in the dark sech. Craigs list under aquariums is a great place to pick up good used cheap items you can "cross over". Actual hydro gear tends to be a bit over priced imo its taken me years to aquire my gear.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast