Thread: SharpStone Hard Top 4pc 2.5" Review

Thanks

Thumbs up SharpStone Hard Top 4pc 2.5" Review

Name:  SharpGrinder top.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  7.7 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	SharpGrinder complete open.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	257042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SharpGrinder screen.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	257043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SharpGrinder scrapper.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	257044
    Product:
    SharpStone Hard Top 4 Piece Grinder - 2.5" (~6.25cm)

Duration of use:
    Approximately two years

Average Price:
    $25-30

Build Quality:
    Superb

I have not had any major issues with the use of this product. The all metal grinder is CNC machined Aluminum, this just means it is cut to a pretty precise fit. It is then anodized which gives it a smooth feeling. There is also no noticeable wear after two years due to it being anodized.

The blades are diamond cut and extremely sharp and make grinding effortless(most of the time). These blades do not appear to be sharp enough to cut your finger. But! If you happen to be made of some sort of herb this is the worst thing to come in contact with, you will be grinded up extremely fine in under 2-4 turns.

The included pollen screen is made of stainless steel. I am not sure what micron rating this screen is but I think I would prefer to have a larger micron screen than what is installed. Granted, the screen is strong and functional. I have never had it clog on me, and I might dust it out with a stiff paint brush every 6 months. Don't get me wrong the amount that falls through is perfectly acceptable. I just prefer to use it as my "Super House Blend One-Hit Wonder Dust". To do this I would need a bit larger particle size to be allowed through the screen.

In the center of the top and bottom grinding mechanism is a magnet. This magnet is Neodymium, which is strong enough to hold the top on even when turned upside down and shaken. Though gives no noticeable resistance when attempting to open it by hand. The magnets have be recessed using a milling process that causes them to almost disappear into the Aluminum.

It comes with a protective little pouch (lost within 3 months)

It comes with a "Pollen Scraper" (lost in under 3 days)

I chose the red one, though they come in a pretty large variety of colors. There is no noticeable wear on any parts after two years and the finish looks brand new still to this day.

Cons:

If you need to grind up more than a 3-6 grams at a time this is not the grinder for you.

If you are grinding up something with lots of seeds and stems(what?!) it may cause the next part to lock in place if you are one of those people who only grind in one direction. I go both ways so it isn't an issue to me. If the bud is very compact and full of resin, it may be difficult to push down the top. I usually start grinding while it is still open and it seems to resolve itself.

I would recommend this grinder to a friend!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spoiledreefer For This Useful Post:

jericho (15-11-14)

Nice review.