Thread: 1st Hempy grow

Thanks

Default 1st Hempy grow

Hello everyone I am just getting everything together for my first attempt with the hempys been growing a while with the biobizz soil,nutes but fancy a new challenge lol ive tried most ways nft.aero,f,d etc so got the basic grasp of ph and ec and its good to keep experiencing new ways.just waiting for my cheesydicks to finnish and As soon as my mothers are mature enough for cuttings I will start a diary Will be growing cheese with plant magic hydro range. Anywayz I was wondering other then ph and e.c etc is there any real problems that anyone ran into with this system so far from what ive read it seems pretty fool proof I just cant believe the simplicity of it a bucket with a hole lol

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dark elementz For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (07-04-14)

jimmi420 Guest

Good luck with it m8.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

dark elementz (07-04-14)

Thanks

good luck with the grow bud

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bushgrower For This Useful Post:

dark elementz (07-04-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

good luck with your grow I'm running a few hempies at the mo no real probs other than one getting a bit of root rot "righting its self so should perk back up" i was feeding every other day but now feed the bigger ones everyday the others every other day seems ok for them

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babybud3232 For This Useful Post:

dark elementz (07-04-14)

Thanks

Thx for your replys peeps. I have heard a few people have had problems with r/rot with hempys is this a common prob as the water sits there ,do people use say oxyplus or other additives to prevent this ? ive heard of people putting airstones in the bottom of there hempys to keep them airated or is it just due to over watering the medium. Its a problem I have never come across so don't no a great deal about it and will be my home work for today lol sorry for all the Qs but I like to have a good grasp on what might need to be put right and be ready saves all the stress later

mellowed Guest

if you change the water daily then it shouldnt be a problem an stay oxygenated till the next day.......or get an air pump an stone an it will be fine for a week.

the other problem is water temps. to high an root rot will start to take hold so you may wanna think about that before starting as well mate.

also black plastic to keep the light out of the water.
    good luck mate.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (07-04-14), dark elementz (07-04-14)

jimmi420 Guest

I would think an airstone is a great idea to put in the rezz, oxy+ used once or twice week should also help keep the system sterile and clean.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (07-04-14), dark elementz (07-04-14)

Thanks

Thank u for the replys air stones it is then already have it to hand from previous setups just got to get new stones ,I have got 3gal buckets went with black I learnt my lesson with earlier dwc set up harsh times lol thank you all for your input muchly appreciated

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dark elementz For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (07-04-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    I would think an airstone is a great idea to put in the rezz, oxy+ used once or twice week should also help keep the system sterile and clean.
    never thought of that

Thanks

I used to always run airstones with my nft and wilmas for when the roots grow into the res with oxy once a week never had a prob with rot prob why lol just goin to order the disc type airstones thinking the low profile will have better coverage in bottom of buckets just got to wait for my mothers to mature and my cheesydick to fin now

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dark elementz For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (07-04-14)