Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: shark's budget stealth cupboard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMachine View Post
    Oh I just thought I would add that as well as a mobile phone charger (which I wouldn't advise at all ever, given the quality of some of these units)...

You could easily use an old PC power supply and since most have a fan or fans built in it would be self cooling.
    You could easily box it up plus you can run a good few 12v PC fans off one of them since they are designed for it.

Since this grow was done in a pc desk cupboard, I'm supprised shark didn't just run a pair of wires out the back of his case to his fan and run it off his PC supply which would have been real easy and safer.

I've got a 12v CCTV power supply panel (the white wall mount kind) which I'm going to use to run my cabinet.
    240v in 12v Dc out.

I wouldn't recomend cobbling fans to phone chargers with bits of tape at all.
    Ok you may get away with it and then again you might not...

You will have a hard time explaining away your activities after the fireman have finished digging through the ashes to find the cause of the fire.

You can pick up PC PSU's dirt cheap or free if you move in the right circles, so don't scrimp and take the risk. It just ain't worth it.
    Why be another story in the paper with a headline of "Another badly wired cannabis opperation goes up in flames".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the grow or grower, just adding my input for safety.

Peace.
    good idea, using a psu!
    NOTE: Everything i post is merely fictional and should not be taken seriously. FTP

Thanks

Use a PSU, its the way foreward lol, mine cost me £2, for a 110w. Get the smallest one you can, theres no point running a 500w, all singing all dancing power supply for a couple of fans.

ASk at your local pc shop, they have to pay for them to be disposed of, just ask for the smallest working one they have, and get him to terminate the power socket, other wise you'll have to run a motherboard to get power to the fans. The termination takes 30secs, and a paper clip is used with a wrap of lecky tape, so dont fall for the 10min wait and a £5 charge lol.

BB

Thanks

lol.. i did have a pc psu, i got one for the especially for the job, but i couldnt figure out how to get it to out put power without a switch.. (buddyboy expalins how above!).. so i ended up wiring them to mobile chargers..lol..

Thanks

This is amazing!! Just the sort of thing I've been looking for all day!

Tagged for future reference and totally stolen I've got a nice lil cupboard begging for this setup inside it!

Thank you so much for posting this up!!

edit: Wondering if it's at all possible for a bit more guidance on how to do a stealth grow like this one - how you fitted the lights, is that plywood i see at the back? and what's the shiny stuff you've got as reflectors? If i'm gonna do this with my desk I'd have to mount some plywood or something over both ends and possibly fit a hinge door on it lol!
    Last edited by doped; 14-08-09 at 02:23 AM.

Thanks

mounting the lamp was easy.. get a packet of small screw-in hooks from homebase.. screw them into the cabinet walls at the height you want the lamp..the reflector will hold it in place if its a tight enough fit. look closely at the pics in the thread.. you can see the small hooks, 1 of them is holding the thermometer up.

there is a hole in the bottom corner for intake.. the outtake fan pulls air in from here.. no ducting required.

relfective stuff on the walls is some randon stuff from homebase..its meant for insulatiing behind radiators (central heating).. white paint is better option.

best of luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shark For This Useful Post:

Smokeypants (27-07-12)

Thanks

Wow this seems like a perfect stealth setup for a first time grower like myself.

Do you also use this cupboard for flowering? and if so do you use the same CFL?

Also are those 2 flourecent tubes at the back of the cupboard?

Great work on the set-up

Cheers

Thanks

hi mate. i dont use the cupboard at all anymore. im in a tent now!

to answer your q's though. if growing an auto flowering plant, the cupboard is flowering and vegging..both stages on 18/6.
    you could do a normal plant in there (non auto) and grow 12/12 from seed, would still fit im sure..though the cupbaord is best suited to auto flowering plants that remain short.

yes, its got 2 flourecent 24x PURple Nlites at the rear.. no real reson for tihs..i just thought more light the better, so i threw in my propogation lights too lol!

i used the same CFL red for flwering and vegging. it recommeded to use a blue cfl for vegging, but to keep costs down i just got the red bulb..it works fine for vegging too..proof is in the plant pics.

im happy to have inspired!

best of luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shark For This Useful Post:

Tartan_THC (13-04-15)

Thanks

great post.. really inspiring., makes me feel .. yes i can do this !!

n1

Thanks

so if i could only afford 1 light would i b better going 4 a red or dual spectrum?

on top of the world, lookin down on creation
    Thanks

no way u got me mega excited hehe like a kid in an xrated candy shop

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast