Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any fellow schizophrenics out there?

Thanks

Default Any fellow schizophrenics out there?

Hi everyone!
    I'm in my late 30's and haven't had any cannabis for the last 8 years.I was persuaded by psychiatrists to give it up as they felt that the cannabis was making my psychosis worse.They didn't actually say that my illness was drug induced but anyway I lost my drivers license because of cannabis use,plus symptoms and also because of the meds that I take.
    At first I refused to stop smoking cannabis.I was of the opinion that my illness was nothing to do with it because I'd been smoking weed for 15 years and successfully grown my own 6 times and not had any problems.Now some 8 years later after being sectioned and drugged against my will I have decided that the time has come to start a new grow so that I can return to altering my conciousness and enjoying the benefits that smoking cannabis brings.
    My intuition told me that cannabis wasn't the issue and I ignored it and listened to the so called 'professionals' instead.
    Now I drink in order to relax,and yearn for the relief that being stoned brings.I'm on maximum dose antipsychotics and anti depressants and have been for years.I wish I could come off these drugs as I fear that taking them will shorten my life by 25 years.
    I am a much happier person now then when I was sectioned.I have taken steps to improve my life and build better relationships and have tackled many of the problem areas in my life.But I still have symptoms of schizophrenia and the drugs I take dont seem to be doing anything except making me crave for something more genuinely healing.
    Can anyone relate?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justrelaxing For This Useful Post:

Dr Plough (15-05-14), greenthumb123 (15-05-14), KiefKat (14-05-14), lostorstolen (27-09-16), Oldsmokie (24-09-17), Smoggy (14-05-14), The Professor (28-07-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,522 Times

Yeah man

I've had a few psychotic episodes and been sectioned

First being in 1987 (I missed the F.A cup final that year -Spurs v Coventry)

I was in a loony bin called Winterton Hospital in County Durham

The building was Victorian & bastard freezing cold

Fuck what psychiatrist say man - it's you that's responsible for you own health

LOL we've had to put a lock on the site knife drawer cos of you !

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smoggy For This Useful Post:

CrudeMofo (08-06-14), justrelaxing (15-05-14), KiefKat (15-05-14), lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks

I'm not schizophrenic myself, but one of my best mates is, lived with him for years, saw the ups and downs, so i know how it can be
    Another good friend is a true paranoid schizophrenic, to the extent he has clozopene for it, and that is truly nasty stuff

ATB

Sent using Tapatalk 2

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick the Greek For This Useful Post:

justrelaxing (15-05-14), lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Icon Guest

I'm not but he is

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Canablitz (22-05-14), Dr Plough (15-05-14), justrelaxing (15-05-14), KiefKat (15-05-14), legalizeme (15-05-14), marque08 (15-05-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,779 Times

The links between cannabis and schizophrenia are tenuous and complicated. Some argue that weed exacerbates psychotic episodes, others say that schizophrenics are just more likely to smoke weed as they find it helps them deal with the chaos in their minds. David Nutt talks about it in his book, Drugs without the hot air. Is a good read.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phineasfreek For This Useful Post:

CrudeMofo (08-06-14), justrelaxing (15-05-14), lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brer View Post
    help
    lol

Nice 2 C you giving the newbees help.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to brer For This Useful Post:

lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,924 Times

Being sectioned and drugged against my will I have decided that the time has come to start a new grow

Sorry to here about your problems mate.

The above sentence did make me chuckle

Glad weed helps you relax , must be horrible living with mental illness as severe as yours .

Atb

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr Plough For This Useful Post:

CrudeMofo (08-06-14), justrelaxing (15-05-14), lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks

Thanks for all the responses guys.
    I'm pretty familiar with all the arguments about cannabis and mental health.And also have experienced stigma and prejudice against me for these things.For example my drivers license was revoked because of schizophrenia diagnosis plus they urine tested me for cannabis and i lost my job because i couldnt drive anymore.Yet my driving was fine and I'd never had an accident.My neighbour is an alcoholic yet he can still drive without being persecuted in any way by the DVLA,and we all know that booze would be class A if it was invented only recently.So I'm bound to think that this is not fair.
    As a schizophrenic I'm used to being treated like a criminal and I'm well aware that canna growers have been treated in the same way by society,the media and the authorities.The media portray small scale growers as running cannabis factories and schizophrenics like me as psychopaths!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justrelaxing For This Useful Post:

greenthumb123 (15-05-14), KiefKat (15-05-14), leftfootriteshoe (16-05-14), lostorstolen (27-09-16), popcornbud (16-05-14)

Thanks

I've read a fair amount on Schizophrenia and psychopathy and
    I've learned that psychopathy and schizophrenia are very similar
    conditions, but not all schizophrenics are psychopaths and not
    all psychopaths have schizophrenia, or something like that.
    It's hard to remember. If you read about the history of
    schizophrenia, it'll be a little clearer.

A close friend mentioned her ex partner having to be separated from
    her mother when she was small. Her mother was having episodes that
    involved the devil making her slash her wrists in the bathroom. In the
    morning the little girl would wash the clotted blood down the plug hole
    and be late for school, etc. Eventually, she was taken into care as her
    mum then developed episodes of being instructed to harm her little girl!

I had a story to tell this close friend that in Africa there is an unusual
    amount of local people being born without the usual dark pigmentation
    within their skin. It's what makes black Africans black. These people
    burn very easily in the sun and go blind much easier. Western charities
    sort that one out by donating sun glasses. The trouble is that local
    black magic customs and rituals have it that body parts from the
    affected have strong magical properties, so feet, hands, etc, can be
    hacked off to use in magical rituals in far away villages. I asked my
    close friend about the connection to schizophrenia and the weird beliefs
    of several dozen villagers, worshiping the magical powers that these
    pale limbs bring to the tribe. I queried that if the little girl's mum had
    a psychotic illness, then isn't it only fair that the several dozen villagers
    have the similar condition called schizophrenia, a psychosis? Rather than
    it being experienced by a singular individual, the village experiences the
    magical properties of severed limbs as a group, through a witch doctor!
    My friend didn't have a clue!

I think schizophrenia fits into the unconscious mind, yet I could never
    work out if these weird schizo thoughts were leftovers from evolution, or
    the latent seeds of a glorious future yet to be realized, first by the
    individual and then by the whole community. That's the beauty of the
    unconscious, you never quite know what's going to pop out next. Boo!

Be careful when mixing weed or alcohol with doctors prescriptions of anti psychotic
    drugs. The doctor knows better than anybody else and if the doc says don't mix
    then I suggest you follow the physicians advise, or at least grow something that
    the cannabis community agrees to be safe to consume along with the docs drugs.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Outlaw#1 For This Useful Post:

justrelaxing (19-05-14), lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks

Red face I totally know what you are talking about.

Yeah man i have similar diagnosis.Here in US its legal (mostly) and is easy to get a prescription.especially if you r schizo-effective , like me.When i was younger weed was kind of a downer and depressed me..not anymore bro.My metabolism has changed and medicine is good.i still take anti-psychotics with no adverse reactions.everyone is different though , man.What reactions you have though from smoking will probably remain constant while you are on med's , so if you have bad trips and s@#$%$t like that you gotta put it down.I have personally tried to trade mj for my other psych med's Doesn't work for me..but I seem to do great in moderation and meds..Keep it cool man , dont
    freak out ..Gardening is Excellent therapy for J-CAT's like me.haha.Whatever works for you is the way to go dude..just chill-axe and dont disregard the doctors ...or the way you feel.Those are the most important things when everything else is slipping away.take care ..bud

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to popcornbud For This Useful Post:

justrelaxing (19-05-14), lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast