Thread: reservoir building up gunk

Thanks

Default reservoir building up gunk

need some help figuring out how to control the slimy growth in my reservoir. seems to accumulate on the re-circulation pump's filter. kinda looks and feels like a jelly fish, sorta harder maybe more like jello, and mostly clear / translucent. What is this stuff? algae? or bacteria? The water is clear and no real smell.

reservoir specs:
    The reservoir in in a opaque plastic tote (very very little lite gets through). It is 10 gallons, kept at 68-70 deg F by a chiller. I have a air bubbler, and a re-circulation pump (for chiller), and the main sprayer pump all inside the tote. I also add in h2o2 at 3% 30ml every three days. I'm using gh flora nutes using the Lucas Formula:

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
    0-5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (18/6)
    0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)
    The numbers above indicate the number of milliliters (ml) of Flora Grow, Micro or Bloom formulas that I use in one gallon (US Liquid) of nutrients

All the tubing is covered to keep out the light. The lights are two led 300 watt. oh yeah also have inline a 9watt uv sterilizer right b4 the chiller on the re-circ pump.

did a bunch of searches but nothing seems to match what i am seeing. And from what ive read so far seems like I shouldn't have anything growing in the reservoir, let alone having it clog up the re-circ pump in about 2-3 days.

Any ideas?

thanks

Thanks

oops forgot the water ph is at 5.5 to 5.8, using ph down to lower when needed, the ec is 1.72, orp at 242mV

Thanks

I'm no expert but I know a bit about fooking up.Never used a chiller, but my dripper pump screwed my ph on first grow. Had gunk around pump, ph kept dropping. Something has to be causing gunk. If not light then heat.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tensing7 For This Useful Post:

Egghead (31-05-14)

Thanks

thanks tensing7 for the feedback

I just don't know, it seems like every 2 to 3 days gunk builds up on the filter of the recirculation pump. I am adding 20 of H2O2 at 29% to the reservoir everyday.The water temp is 67-70 F, very little light is getting thru, but still 2-3 days there is the gunk! I'm starting to wonder is this is just normal for my setup.

Anyway thanks again

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

sounds like you,ve got a light leak and your getting algae building up,