Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NFT top tips

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

great top tip limey, when the plant gets bigger does it push down on the spikes??, keep them coming lads.. pmsl fairy i did say , my sigh says look back check plugs fat boy!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Fairy (08-07-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,381 Times

Hello Oxy, they work perfectly with a 3 inch block mate, never tried one with a 4 inch. Once embedded in the block it stays put mate.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The-Limey-Digit For This Useful Post:

ladymaryjane (02-01-19), Oxy (09-07-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

sweet will give it a go, i get a few yummmm, thanks for the reply

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

The-Limey-Digit (09-07-14)

Thanks

I would say to add mycorrhizal and benifical bacteria in your water tank to prevent unwanted pathogens in root zone and to help to maintain a clean NFT systems. Also it can help by working with the roots by increase atmospheric nitrogen fixation. Don't rely on peroxide (H2O2)

http://www.plant-success.com/index.p...corrhizae.html

this product is well known and do a great job.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to L3G4CY For This Useful Post:

Oxy (18-07-15), Type M (15-06-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
    great top tip limey, when the plant gets bigger does it push down on the spikes??, keep them coming lads.. pmsl fairy i did say , my sigh says look back check plugs fat boy!!
    I used to use them but i found over time they do push into the block.

Instead i make 'cradles' for them now by threading string through top of correx , across the hole and back through. Twice per hole. 22 cm gives u 1cm of string showing on either side that i tape down (on 4 inch cubes). Leaves just enough of cube showing to snugly fit a cube cap.
    I find toward the back of my GT100 is a little deeper so i also do what i used to do and ball up some spreader mat strips, soak in ur solution and put under ur blocks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lazydayz For This Useful Post:

Oxy (18-07-15)

Thanks

Really really good information guys. As a total newbie about to start my diary this information is worth its weight in gold.

Thank you all

Thanks

Hey all, any tips on pump cycles? I know its its recommended to have it on 24/7, i was getting better results having it off every so often as a cycle to make the plants look for food, any tips?.

was a few yrs ago now and just started up

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks

great tips thanks to all.
    i was definitely screwing up before (early noughties) by not getting the roots going properly, i would stick them in as soon as any sign of life. Sometimes OK but I started getting a lot of failures and ended up going to flood and drain.
    Do you just leave them in a propagator with the slots open, mist and check daily to see how much root growth we've got ?.

Thanks

I have now discovered "air pots". problem is I cant find a nice cube shaped one to stick a 3" rockwool cube into.
    they'd be easy enough to make if you could buy sheets of the stuff. may be a job for the 3d printer come to think of it.

Thanks

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2191355 is near, but we want a cube of course to snugly fit a rockwool cube

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast