Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help.. Fruit flies or Gnats? :(

Thanks

Default Help.. Fruit flies or Gnats? :(

Hey guys im not sure which one it is, but over the past few days theres more of the little buggers! when ever i water my plants they all fly up more everyday.. little small black flies :/

Quick tips on how to get rid of them?

Diff methods?

thanks people

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

I probably went overboard...but ive not saw any in a few weeks now.

I got some gnat off and added it to my water/feed at 1.5ml per litre. On the bottle it said 1ml p/l though.
    Got a bunch of sticky fly traps and placed them on drainage trays and round the edges of top of pots.
    I also sprayed raid fly killer round base of pots and base of stem soon as light came on and same again before a went to bed.
    I also waterd less often to let soil dry out more.

My plants didnt like me for doing this lol...but av not got gnats now.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (30-05-14), OtotheZ (30-05-14)

Thanks

layer of perlite top of soil

Thanks

Thanks alot RFG! Would you know where i might be able to purchase some of this gnat off?

And i'll also let my soil dry out a little and add the perlite after treatment

Thanks BillyBud2

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,868 Times

Let soil dry real good b 4 each waterin and I use sterilized play sand on top the soil about 2 inches deep on top of the soil and sand in trays that cover bottom drain holes. Wish yual the best friend and I hope yual fill yur need in the end

BWD

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

OtotheZ (30-05-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OtotheZ View Post
    Thanks alot RFG! Would you know where i might be able to purchase some of this gnat off?

And i'll also let my soil dry out a little and add the perlite after treatment

Thanks BillyBud2
    You will get gnat off in hydro shop or off ebay or something m8. Its only used to suffocate the larvae...if u dont get the flyers wiv fly spray then they will just lay more eggs in soil. So you will deffo need some fly spray and yellow sticky traps as well.
    Stratigecly place traps about room...they are attracted to yellow allegedly.
    Dont give the wee bastards a minutes rest. As they have a short life span but multiply like fuck.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

OtotheZ (30-05-14)

Thanks

Oh n murdock on here said he used a product called cannacure or something.

But saying all that....all u gotta do is kill flyers wiv fly spray before they lay eggs in soil.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

OtotheZ (30-05-14)

Thanks

Thank you BWD! I'll be sure to give that a try as well as this fly spray and gnat off stuff! Thanks again RFG!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BackWoodsDrifter View Post
    Let soil dry real good b 4 each waterin and I use sterilized play sand on top the soil about 2 inches deep on top of the soil and sand in trays that cover bottom drain holes. Wish yual the best friend and I hope yual fill yur need in the end

BWD
    Its actually sharps sand u use as it cuts the wings of them as they try burrow In
    Suppose play da d may work though

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

OtotheZ (30-05-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,106 Times

Quote Originally Posted by RASTA FAE GLESGA View Post
    Oh n murdock on here said he used a product called cannacure or something.

But saying all that....all u gotta do is kill flyers wiv fly spray before they lay eggs in soil.
    Fly spray?? Like as in rid? Not trying to be rude but there is no,way i would spray my plant stem with fly spray. Once again,im not trying to be rude RFG but that cant be too good for the plant or smoker, some of the spray has to be absorbed by the stem, not to mention the fine mist that will land on the soil and be absorbed by the roots on the next watering.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to leftfootriteshoe For This Useful Post:

RASTA (31-05-14)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast