Thread: My 1st grow tent

Thanks

Default My 1st grow tent

Hello guys, sorry i have been away for so long but these past few weeks have been erm well very stressful to say the least.

Anyway due to a change in circumstances i am now no longer able to continue with my plan of having my 1st ever grow in my closet. I have been searching the forum and internet and have noticed alot of you seem to grow in these grow tents. These seem like at the moment they would suit me perfectly. So my question is what grow tent would you recomend? I was hoping to grow with a 400w duel spec hps bulb so would be great if there are any good quality tent kits?

Please please help me out guys i am so excited to begin my grow

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Novice_Grower For This Useful Post:

Oxy (04-07-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

hello novice , I rock a dr120 Secret Jardin 1.2x1.2x2m, ticks every box for me , you get what you pay for,... first tent kit i had was bollox and cheap came with tt fan which are shit!! stay away from tent kits buy separate they are all value bollox,.. when i turned the light on it was like a xmas tree load of like pin holes in it..sent that straight back. but find the dr120 Secret Jardin good quality and a good buy ...

I run a 600w hps , with 6" extraction , 4" intake , with dim-able ballast for the hot hot summer where i can turn down to 400sl or up to 600wsl pending on the weather,, the zip is the loudest thing in my groom lol atb on your decision.. but buy cheap you will bye twice!! trust me
    Last edited by Oxy; 04-07-14 at 10:53 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

badbillybob (27-09-14), Novice_Grower (04-07-14)

Thanks

Thank you man, i totally agree about staying away from the cheaper end. I always say "cheap isn't good and good isn't cheap". I will look into your recommendation man .

Oh by the way how many plants do you grow at the one time in the dimensions you have described? Just i was originally planning on only growing one plant as it is my very 1st grow but now considering two.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Novice_Grower For This Useful Post:

Oxy (04-07-14)

Thanks

i do a 4 plant scrog its perfect for 4, there are smaller Secret Jardin

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Any thing buy hydrolab for me, great thick, strong material and zips. Also Budbox are a similar quality.

No offence Oxy but is your SJ a old one as the were the nuts but heard that they had a split/fall out somewhere and its now Mammoth with the good quality and SJ went south with the new stuff

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chufuginlookinat For This Useful Post:

Novice_Grower (04-07-14), Oxy (05-07-14)

Thanks

Funny you should mention hydrolab i was actually looking at their LAB160-SXL GROW TENT (160X80X180CM) this afternoon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Novice_Grower For This Useful Post:

Oxy (05-07-14)

Thanks

no offense taken mukka mine is nearly 2 years old , but unsure looks like mine in antique, i'll get my coat lol........

Quote Originally Posted by chufuginlookinat View Post
    Any thing buy hydrolab for me, great thick, strong material and zips. Also Budbox are a similar quality.

No offence Oxy but is your SJ a old one as the were the nuts but heard that they had a split/fall out somewhere and its now Mammoth with the good quality and SJ went south with the new stuff

Thanks

I'm using a 1.2 x 1.2 x2.0m bud box i'm happy with it but its the only tent I have ever had so not really got much to compare it too :P. Very nice piece of kit though.

Edit: Jesus post in this section are old , I must remember to check the dates in future lol.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

When you guys talk about cheap set ups, are yall talking about CFL's as to MH-HPS. The reason I ask, I have always bought cheap, and I have always gotten good products. Right now I am in a 3'x3'x6.5' tent with a 250 watt MH-HPS, and it works great, Around $75.00 for the Tent, and $100.00 for the light's and ballaist. Before then I was using a 4'x4'x7' tent with a 400 watt HPS, but the cops stold that one. Remember no matter what anyone of us think, all ballaist are made in the same shop in China, so regardlest of a name brand or not, you are getting pertty much the same thing, in the off brand name. good luck and happy growing