Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pleasant eBay surprise

Thanks

aha thanks couldn't find that one when searching......a couple of quid cheaper than the other link I had, for both the 60/60/140 and the 100/100/200 - decisions decisions....Think these would be ok in a cold garage, with a bedroom above the garage? Blowing air into garage should warm up the garage and then the room above to a nice comfy level, I'm guessing, so at least the heats not wasted (or so I'm guessing being a noob to this )

ganjagunman Guest

I imagine you will need a radiater or some kind of heating in the garage as its gonna start getting cold soon weathers turn to shit already. Have you not considered the 80x80x160 ? That size would be ideal for 4 plants in 3 gallon pots, or 6 autos in a 2 gallon pots as thats what i do. 60x60x140 seems only enough for a few autos or 1 photoperiod id say, hence why ive brought it to use it for a 2 plant scrog

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

MrBlobby (19-10-14)

Thanks

ah yeah I forgot about that sized one...might be a better compromise....it was my main size of choice til I then saw the 200 tall one for not much more . I don't need to grow much - personal use only, and I haven't smoked in many many years till now so it will be like a once week/fortnight treat (he says, for now lol). So basically, make a decent grow, store it for a rainy day and then get it back out a few weeks later when supplies are running down

So I was thinking if the lights were running at night, that would sort the night time heating out.....what is the best ambient room temp for when the lights are out?

I do have a converted loft too (currently kids toy room) that could use....at least daytime/lightsout tempts might be a lot better there, but was thinking might be more optimal and out of sight in the garage and benefit from heating up our bedroom too

Having never done this before my mind is on verge of popping with info overload from the dozens of pages been reading. Might also stick some chillies in there to try out as fancy the challenge of them too

So far however, I basically am down to
    Black Orchid tent (of either 80x80x160 or 100x100x200 size
    Rhino Pro extractor (4 or 5" depending on above tent size)
    CFL lights (probably - guessing that may be more optimal for small grows) + appropriate ballast, reflector
    RVK fan (saw reasonable priced Rhino Pro/RVK Fan combo kits on a couple of grow shop websites)
    Whatever in nutrients...I haven't looked at that yet (We do have a wormery in the garden, I wonder if I could just use the worm wee for the feed )
    some Superoots Air Pots (not sure on sizes yet for them)
    and errrrrr....whatever else I've missed

Thanks

if i were you id have the 100 by 100 tent, or even a 120 by 120 and do 4 plants, with a 600w HPS lite, a dimmable ballast (lumatek and lumi are both recommended), 6 inch fan and rhino PRO filter, oscillatin fan, thermometer and hyjrometer, and proper soil, such as plant majic or biobizz. (cos they wont have thrips, spidermites, sprinjtails etc), and it isnt worth the bother of savin a tenner on soil if usin jarden stuff ruins your criop)
    If you do 4 there will be enuff to last you a year, all bein well

oh youll need nutrients, try some biobizz or plant majic jrow and bloom and top it up with mollasses durin flower ( 1 tablespoon per litre)

best of luck
    Last edited by badbillybob; 19-10-14 at 09:53 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

MrBlobby (19-10-14)

Thanks

Thanks....I was looking at the 100x100x200 + perhaps a 400w bulb, as didn't want to go over top...thinking that 400 would be more than enough for 2 plants (and maybe a couple of chillie plants)....but I suppose it does make more sense to grow more, good quality in one batch, then have a years worth for myself, than growing less more often.

Will keep this thread open before I start writing my full shopping list out - first think I need to tidy/sort garage, to convince my parents to come over and help set a partition to front

Oh....sorry for hijacking this thread T20oer lol...I did start off another thread a day or 2 ago though had no response on that https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-bedroom-above

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    Ive just bought the 60x60x140 for £35 as I already have the 80x80x160 version. The 60x60x140 im going to use for a LED grow.
    Ha ha ha ha check you out mate gonna buy a garden centre next lol. Is that 3 tents now mate, did you get one given the other day? lol

ganjagunman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chufuginlookinat View Post
    Ha ha ha ha check you out mate gonna buy a garden centre next lol. Is that 3 tents now mate, did you get one given the other day? lol
    I started with the 80x80x160 then wanted bigger and went a bit OTT and bought a 120x120x200 which I sold to a mate, i just ended up dropping pot size so i could fit more in the 80x80 and it fits in the closet = stealth. I then got offered a 60x60x140 for free but his dad smashed it up before he chance to dismantle it and give it me, after i saw it i knew the size would be perfect for the LED grow so i bought one off the fleabay

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (19-10-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    I started with the 80x80x160 then wanted bigger and went a bit OTT and bought a 120x120x200 which I sold to a mate, i just ended up dropping pot size so i could fit more in the 80x80 and it fits in the closet = stealth. I then got offered a 60x60x140 for free but his dad smashed it up before he chance to dismantle it and give it me, after i saw it i knew the size would be perfect for the LED grow so i bought one off the fleabay
    Mad how it goes eh, next it will be 'ill just get a small one that i can do some cuts in, and can use it to dry too'

Then you have some cuts and need to dry a bit.....damm it...get another....lol

ganjagunman Guest

Can only grow in my bedroom as its a shared apartment so 2 is enough at the minute lol, im going to get these 2 grows out the way then use the NFT i bought then no more after that !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2