Thread: LED Garage set up (stealthish)

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

Default LED Garage set up (stealthish)

Hi everyone!
    I never did introduce myself on the site so i guess i'll do it here. I'm from Eastern Canada (no, more east then that, keep going....keeep going... past quebec...keeeeeep going...lol) and i've been growing for about 8 years on and off, in and out. I grow for personal smoke and to have my "bar" stocked at all times for friends and company. This grow i also plan on making oil (when i say "this grow" i mean this or the next harvest) to try myself and also to supply my grandfather who has just beaten cancer for the second time. I'm not to anal on the strains or quantity for the oil, the mans 88, loves his pot. If the oil helps him to live comfortably for a few... months, years... I've done the best i could. I've always given him clones and he grows his own. However he has never heard of consuming oil. I'd love to dedicate an acre to grow the best and produce the most fantastic medical grade oil possible but unfortunately that isn't in the cards.

I've been a reader of forums for years and many like this. I've completed several small grows that have ranged from extremely well, to very very poor. haha.

In my defense the poor grow was a mini grow in an aerogarden (from Canadian tire) using packaged, pre measured nutes. my advice, don't do that.

Anyway, I've had some very successful florescent grows in the past. I had hundreds of watts in CFL's one time because people told me it couldn't be done (for high quality bud anyway), they were wrong.

I then did a T5 grow that was in a 2x2x5 box with all four walls and ceiling lit (similar grow box on 420 from a post ages ago). 24" on the top and 48" on the sides, as close as possible. It worked out nicely, but unfortunately I only got a couple plants finished before I had to move. And I sold all my lights.

no pictures of any of those grows. When I do stealth i do stealth haha. (that's why this is an "ish")

Anyway, on to the new project. I just picked up a 400w LED full spectrum for shits and giggles. Figured I shall see what these new LED's are all about. So far I'm quite impressed, there's almost no spacing between my nodes atm but we are only at about 14 days in. As you will see below they are stretched a bit due to being under a single 24" T5 for about 7 days while I was away. (germinated a tad early haha, but you can really see the starting point of when they went under the LED's)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140731_180426.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	270593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140807_162440.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	270591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140812_143421.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	270590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	270589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140805_214309.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	270592

I still have a fair bit of work to do on the box as it is a project that is on going. Any constructive criticism is accepted. Every time you create a new experience you learn something from it, that's why i'm here!

Some stats.

Flowering chamber is appx 3'x3'x4.5ish'

veg and mother is appx 2x2x4.5ish (all in one)

strains: 1.) hash plant feminized - gonna make me some tasty treats! 2.) xtrm haze. It's a custom strain from a canadian seed supplier. Gotta do local when ya can! 3.) also three clones from my outdoor strain, although it's the worst strain i've ever grown. prob won't waste my time

400w LED full spectrum

using a 4" can carbon filter that I used on my last grow.

4" inline fan. CFM to follow cause i can't remember.

digital timers

Nutes: Sensi grow two part for veg (self pH balancing, i know the pros and cons, I wanted to try this because of my hard well water, and I hate messing with pH, such a pain in my ass)

Flower - Jungle juice, why? because I've never tried it. This isn't advertised as pH balancing but I've had friends used it with out much complication in terms of pH.

Soil - I kinda made up my own.

We have about 45% top of the line potting soil, has a few added things, not to much. (more info if you want it)

about 25% worm casting

10% bat guano (high in nit to get shit started)

perlite about 15%

10% compost (my own, all from veggie garden and household scrapes, no meat) broken down very well, no smell, no bio solids ect.

I know that's 105%, that how much effort I put in! like I said, it was just a homemade "bitta this bitta that" mixture!

Quick run down on the box design for people that are interested.

1.) Box is in garage. Framed in, insulated with 2" rigid foam on bottom, plastic, ply. All walls are (or will be) insulated with simple fiberglass batts.

2.) Intake, right side (flower chamber) bottom. 4". Pulls air from my heated side of the garage (as i will be growing through the winter, intake from outside would be insta dead)

3.) partition is with a fake wall. At the top of the wall in flower chamber is a 1.5" gap the full 3'. In the veg there are vent holes in the bottom. (causing the air to flow bottom of flower, into wall at top of flower, into bottom veg, vents out into filter at top veg, on left). I plan on keeping my humidity at about 50% during flowering, it's about 65% right now, so, I'm hoping that 50% humidity will not cause issues with the plywood used for the wall. If it does, I learned something new! haha

4.) Veg currently has the fan mounted in it, blowing out of the box through filter which is mounted just outside, hidden behind normal garage crap. I've yet to "air seal" the door on the veg chamber. Once this is complete I'm hoping it will make a big difference to the amount of air being drawn through the intake.

5.) doors are plywood framed in with 2x2. installed a 1x2 door stopper kinda thing with weather stripping. seems air and light tight on the flower chamber so far. We'll see after a few weeks of 45-60% humidity.

Noise is suprisingly minimal. Will be better as the construction continues i'm sure.

Enough with the rant, on to the pictures.

There's a bit of a gap in the construction, my bad. I can just answer any questions.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slushpuppies For This Useful Post:

M_C (15-08-14), revert (15-08-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Nice one mate.

I like Canada, well i say that what i mean is i like Trailer Park Boys

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chufuginlookinat For This Useful Post:

jpsmoker840 (22-10-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

lol.
    I happen to have dual citizenship. I lived in the UK for 8 months, and to be completely honest... there is an untapped market for "trailer park boy like shows" out the front door in the UK. Most people are great, but holy fucka molly is there some questionable folk around. Not to mention I was asked about that many Canadian based shows i'd never heard of it wasn't even funny.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

You arent suggesting that TPB isnt funny are you? Because if you are thats the last you see of me my friend

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chufuginlookinat For This Useful Post:

KMK (17-08-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chufuginlookinat View Post
    Nice one mate.

I like Canada, well i say that what i mean is i like Trailer Park Boys
    I love tpb cnt wait till season 9 comes out

Thanks

hey man, thanks! feeling relieved I have some help from an external party! this is my first grow.

im using soil, 600w MH for 20+ hours a day. 2x4 tent, temps get highest at about 76 and have dropped to 68 at their lowest, im trying to regulate this better. im feeding pnce every 4-5 days with mild veg nutes and some calcium water.. oh of water is always 6.5-6.8 before it goes in. the top most recent shoots are looking lighter in colour which made me think they might be blooming.