Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pc grow box is a go! documenting, experts got advice?

Thanks

Post Pc grow box is a go! documenting, experts got advice?

Hi all, most of my stuff has arrived :-) glue gun and timer and seeds should be here tomorrow, the lights have been delayed till friday though so got a bit of time to sort the box out, so far i have gutted the box and put the lining inside (temp untill glue gun is here and i can do it permanently, the lining is that white plastic sheeting with black on the other side btw, i have wired the fans up and speed control all is good so far!
    just deciding on the fan set up, thinking of putting two 120mm fans for the exhaust fans inline with a light trap in the middle then the 140mm (i think it is/ its bigger than 120mm anyway) that fan as the intake at the front,still finding a way to secure it in and maybe put a light trap in... any help on how to make a good light trap will be appreciated! or any other comments/suggestions!
    if you guys want any pics of this just ask!

i have 4 magnet hooks on the ceiling of it for the LEDs to hang, they are pretty strong so no worries there
    the plant pots i have dont leave alot of room for growth and are pretty inefficient space wise so i made my own shorter and more filling of the floor space in there and i made a tray to collect any excess water underneath it out of the lining ( i got waaay too much of it, was still very cheap)
    i have my compost ready so just waiting till friday to finish the set up :-) happy days
    any comments will be appreciated thanks!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1kbKbad_express For This Useful Post:

M_C (26-08-14), Stinky Pete (31-08-14)

Thanks

these are some designs of a light trap, does anyone have anything similar/know if they will affect the ventilation in anyway?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aviary Photo_130535654157922621.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	271698

Name:	Aviary Photo_130535654000000602.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	271699
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan 3 parallel.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	271696  

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1kbKbad_express For This Useful Post:

Stinky Pete (27-08-14)

Thanks

i tried a thin sock over the 120mm fan and that blocks out a fair bit of light so i might use that for that fan, not sure if i should put two inline or not any thoughts? im not sure on how much this restricts the ventilation, will it affect my crops if the ventiliation is too low? also thinking of putting an on/off switch for the intake fan so its not too cold during the night..

Thanks

Name:	Case.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	271724

Name:	magnet.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	271725

Name:	speed controll.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	271726

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1kbKbad_express For This Useful Post:

Stinky Pete (31-08-14)

Thanks

heres some pictures of my case, speed control and one of the magnets, having some difficulty uploading one of the fans :s

Thanks

Ahoya

Those designs look good and I think they should do fine. Pulling a sock over the fan decrease its ability to work 100%.

My veg area's lights and fans is connected to a timer so its perfect for when I'm not at home. I am super paranoid when it comes to electricity

Love and Light

Pete

Thanks

cheers! yeah i tested it just now and it sucks ahah, just gonna put a box over them! putting 1 120mm fan on the top and 2 120mm inline in the top corner, and let the intake be passive, ive read in places that its better due to pressure in there or something, glueing the lining down now
    peace

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 1kbKbad_express For This Useful Post:

Stinky Pete (31-08-14)

Thanks

Name:	open side.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	271734

Name:	ceiling.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	271735
    just waiting on the Timer and LEDs now! i took more pictures but for some reason i cant upload them :s

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 1kbKbad_express For This Useful Post:

Stinky Pete (31-08-14)

Thanks

so i made a light trap and it works well and air flow isnt restricted too much, but it takes up a bit of room, do i just not put it in, the box will be in the corner so shouldnt really be noticeable and if it is i can always sacrifice the space for stealth, what do you guys think??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Nice, instead of a box you could get a 6in drainpipe 90degree elbow and a short bit of pipe to extend it or another 90degree or 45degree

This could be fixed to the side.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chufuginlookinat For This Useful Post:

Stinky Pete (31-08-14)

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast