Thread: Cannabis and ADD??

Thanks

Default Cannabis and ADD??

Hello All.

Although i've never been diagnosed with ADD (actually i almost feel like it doesn't exist, but thats beside the point). I've always found myself having problems with focus. Even as a young child i remember being told repeated to get ready for school and then just forgetting and end up messing around with some shit in my room.

I still have issues keeping my focus where i want it to be but I believe weed helps me with this. When i'm sober, my thoughts are usually "cluttered", and fast/frequent. My head goes all over the place at 100mph and i can't seem to slow it down… After smoking a bowl however, the voice in my head seems to shut the fuck up. And i can actually pay attention to what is going on. I'm not talking about smoking a few spliffs to the face before going to class or working on something.. But a bowl, half a joint, maybe one joint.. Enough to make you feel it but not enough to get you stoned/lost in thought.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LemonFlavored For This Useful Post:

faded187 (08-09-14)

Thanks

Yeah. I have ADD and like you my brain is hyperactive and weed really helps slowing things down. It's great for me since I can focus on 1 thing at a time =)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zambaku For This Useful Post:

faded187 (08-09-14)

Thanks

im exactly the same way too. adhd and anxiety. I can tell it helps me after only 1 hit

Thanks

I use to take some medicine for ADD that made me nauseous, or even through up occasionally. Marijuana solved that for me! It really does calm me down and allows me to complete tasks easier than before.

Thanks

Yes, this is experienced by others. I am on a med for ADD (no H) and have always had the same clear headed focus from the herb. I read of a mother who preferred canna-cookies for her son over the Ritilin script. The ADD brain does not get the stimulant effect from ADD meds, and is instead calmed. I think the zone-out couch-lock is a 'normal' brain cannabis reaction vs the ADD brain being focused and energized. But there is also the different strains which reportedly can have either effect. I would like to know if sativa is generally energizing/focusing for normals, is it the same for ADD folks or possibly reversed? More research is in order.

BTW, there are multiple drugs available today for ADHD and they can be decisive in helping us. I am too old to have this available for my college years, but it would have made me a much more successful student. My opinion is this is a brain chemical deficiency and should be fixed by medication if possible. Just like a kid who needs glasses - you get the eyes corrected so they can see properly.

Thanks

Not to sound like an overly paranoid stoner, I do have to say that almost any mood altering prescription medication have a list of possible negative side effects as long as my arm and generally very few good...weed has no negatives IMO and has always helped my issues

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LemonFlavored View Post
    Hello All.

Although i've never been diagnosed with ADD (actually i almost feel like it doesn't exist, but thats beside the point). I've always found myself having problems with focus. Even as a young child i remember being told repeated to get ready for school and then just forgetting and end up messing around with some shit in my room.

I still have issues keeping my focus where i want it to be but I believe weed helps me with this. When i'm sober, my thoughts are usually "cluttered", and fast/frequent. My head goes all over the place at 100mph and i can't seem to slow it down… After smoking a bowl however, the voice in my head seems to shut the fuck up. And i can actually pay attention to what is going on. I'm not talking about smoking a few spliffs to the face before going to class or working on something.. But a bowl, half a joint, maybe one joint.. Enough to make you feel it but not enough to get you stoned/lost in thought.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
    I'd never even thought about ADD till I met my misses. Since day 1 she's said I have ADD for all the reason's you mentioned. Before weed my brain was always going 100mph and it's the only thing I've found to slow the world down. Good to know it's not just me bro.