Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Tetra's balcony LST

Thanks

Nice one tetra mate theyre really forming up and looking like they will have some length on those 5 colas for a plant that has been bondaged so well, quality work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gangjamin View Post
    Nice one tetra mate theyre really forming up and looking like they will have some length on those 5 colas for a plant that has been bondaged so well, quality work
    Thanx man! Yes i think she's growing really good, interresting to see how she behaves the coming weeks. I wish the smaller buds come along too, speculating a bit on supercropping the big ones, to get the other ones going, but i dont know anything about that and if it's suitable in bloom.

Here's some pics of the Kushberry mother needing some hair styling today ;D Her tops were growing to high in to the lights so they needed some more bondage.

Before:

After:

In her cosy corner waiting for her daddy to pic her up and bring her home:
    Last edited by Tetra; 02-09-09 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks

can't wait to see what happens with this one !!

Thanks

Default Update: fungi?, sugar, pics

Hello. This is what I've been talking about, a fungi looking substance on my leaves i've been thinking could be ergot? Spreads like dots on some leaves, dots of what looks like mycel spreading on the leaf... Anyone know what this is?:

This is the premiere of sugar on the buds

And some overviewish pics with HPS interference:

Note to the diary: She got 2 Litres of bloom nuted water (2ml/L) + some Supervit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billytheyid View Post
    can't wait to see what happens with this one !!
    Thanx, me neither! ;D

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

lol surely ergot doesn't grow on cannabis? it's usually only found on rye. if it was, i'd either be getting rid of that plant or be getting my chemistry set out... home made lsd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tay View Post
    lol surely ergot doesn't grow on cannabis? it's usually only found on rye. if it was, i'd either be getting rid of that plant or be getting my chemistry set out... home made lsd
    Ok Im no expert, i dont know Mildew then?? It's the name of ergot in my language that sounds like that looks!! A powder.. I blame my ignorance on that

Monty Bong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    Hello. This is what I've been talking about, a fungi looking substance on my leaves i've been thinking could be ergot? Spreads like dots on some leaves, dots of what looks like mycel spreading on the leaf... Anyone know what this is?:

Hi Tetra, sorry to say mate, that looks like powdery mildew to me, if it is, it's a nightmare to get rid of.
    When I got it, I thought after I had flowered out my infected plants, that would be the problem solved. The next lot of plants I done looked fine during veg, however as soon as I flipped them, the mildew returned. The way I got rid of it was using a product called MultiRose, it's a systemic fungicide and has to be used at least 7 weeks before harvest. I sprayed my young rooted clones, and also sprayed all the surfaces in the growroom and the mildew hasn't returned since. As the spray is systemic it obviously can't be used on flowering plants, so my advice would be just keep wiping the mildew off daily and continue flowering, if you have any vegging plants, keep them well away from the infected ones.

Hope this helps

MB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Bong View Post
    Hi Tetra, sorry to say mate, that looks like powdery mildew to me, if it is, it's a nightmare to get rid of.
    When I got it, I thought after I had flowered out my infected plants, that would be the problem solved. The next lot of plants I done looked fine during veg, however as soon as I flipped them, the mildew returned. The way I got rid of it was using a product called MultiRose, it's a systemic fungicide and has to be used at least 7 weeks before harvest. I sprayed my young rooted clones, and also sprayed all the surfaces in the growroom and the mildew hasn't returned since. As the spray is systemic it obviously can't be used on flowering plants, so my advice would be just keep wiping the mildew off daily and continue flowering, if you have any vegging plants, keep them well away from the infected ones.

Hope this helps

MB
    Thank you very much Monty for helping me diagnose this! Yes, i've read u have had problem with that earlier, so i think u have the experience to make the diagnose. Does it attack the buds, what harm does it do? I'm gonna read up a bit.. ohh, found an article about it: http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/articles/2097.html

Did yours also come in dots like these? It's strange, i've had this trough out the grow outside on her leaves, but it has stayed that way not spread or become more than that. Now it's only on some older fan leaves...

I have some anti fungal spray thats not systemic, it's supposed to choke fungi out with asphyxiation.. I've already given em one treatment with that, and then tonight im gonna go for another round then. Gonna take her out and try to clean as many leaves as possible, spray the GR with the spray, and then drench her again. Then dry her out with fan, before putting her back under the lights. We'll se if that helps her.
    Last edited by Tetra; 03-09-09 at 10:38 AM.

Thanks

Default Remedy for powdry mildew

For those who experience the same problem and read this here's some remedies i found on that page about powdry mildew:

Plant Shield is a foliar spray which kills many types of foliar and root fungus. It is not a chemical but a microbe, trichoderma harzianum strain T-22, which feasts on the fungus. It is totally harmless to non-fungal organisms so it is safe to use. It takes 2-10 days to control the disease. It is available from ITS: 800-375-1684 or 303-661-9546.

Neem Oil is available in many formulations. It is quite effective on powdery mildew, with results noticeable in a couple of days. It is available in garden shops, nurseries and the net.

Armicarb or Kali-Carb are made from potassium bicarbonate. Potassium is a plant nutrient and the bicarbonate makes it soluble and alkaline. Powdery mildew cannot grow in an alkaline environment. The mold dies.

Baking Soda, bicarbonate of soda, is a home remedy. It contains sodium so using it too often will be harmful to the plant. Use one tablespoon per gallon and spray the leaves thoroughly.

Alkaline water controls powdery mildew. Use a water with a pH of close to eight. Some western waters have higher pH. The pH should be lowered to the low eights. The pH of acidic water can be raised using pH Up, available at garden shops.

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast