Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Drawers Veg Chamber - Blue Peter Stylee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBoy View Post
    Get plenty of passive intake man, just becuase CFL run cooler by comparrison doesn't mean they dont generate heat, they do, and a fair bit, so be ready to honeycomb the draws to let the heat out, and fresh air in

Couple of pc fans for a bit of air movement, and roberts your mother's brother
    Hi and thanks for replying.

I'm deffinately going to get some more fans inside the box to agitate the air like you said.
    I reckon 2 should do it, or do you think maybe 3??

I'm also going to run the box for a few hours when it's finished before I put any plants in, so I can see what sort of temps I'm getting and make adjustments accordingly.

All in all, I think this build has cost me £10 so far.

Obviously I'm yet to buy the correct CFL's and I will need some other bit's n peices like timers, thermometers etc but it's coming along nicely and I'm having a real blast doing it.

I was thinging about maybe getting two CFL's (which will equate to 125 watts or more) in there in a stagered pattern.
    So if I was looking down on the box, they would look like this...

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

Thanks

Excellent imagination there bro ill be watching to see how this pans out cool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaneag13 View Post
    Excellent imagination there bro ill be watching to see how this pans out cool
    Thank You!!!

Theres no room at all in our house to build a room or cupboard so I've got to make do with what I can find lol.

I'm not brave enough for an attic build..
    Too many things to consider like heat signatures, fire etc and this was all I could think of.

I've managed to find a place now to build a decent grow room (concrete walls 3 inch or more thick) but I haven't got the funds at the moment.
    I 've got two fems outdoors of unkown variety which I want to clone for mothers for when I do get my room done so this was just a quick and dirty idea to keep them going till then lol.

I'm hoping to get my light hangers in and wired up tomorow and then I'm on the look out for a stat, preferably low voltage (if they exsist) if possible, which I will use to control the rooms temp.

If I have my way, the only 240V items in this build will be the lights.

I'm also on the look out still, for some Super Duper Bright 12v LED's that are the correct Kelvin, wave length and lumens for an experiment.
    They seem to be very elusive to find.
    I need a bulk lot of them, say 500 of each (red / blue) give or take.
    Preferably as cheap as possible per unit.

Hopefully more to come tomorow

I'm of stat hunting... I'll post my results if I find anything suitable.

Thanks

I have abandoned this project for the time being as I'm exploring other options.
    I've got my eye on a 250HPS for which I am on the look out for a basic white wadrobe
    The HPS would definately over heat the small draw chamber area but would be ideal for CFLs.

You can find cheap furniture when you don't want it and can't find it when you do. Typical lol

I only plan on doing a couple of plants under the 250HPS, 2 - 3 plants max.
    Probably do a couple of clones, root them for a few weeks then straight into flower so the 250 has a chance to penetrate the canopy with them being smaller plants and not full 5 footers.
    Last edited by TheGreenMachine; 24-07-09 at 12:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2