Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Simple coco guide. Want a gram per watt the easy way??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Weed View Post
    will be trying this for my grow... i think you can overwater a plant an root system in coco but not overwater the actual coco product. i don't know much though
    what u think / believe & what actually happens r 2 different things : coco will not hold excess water period as stated in the opening post
    you can Not over water a coco grow as long as ypou have ample drainage this is called "feed-to-waste" with 5-10% run out from the bottom of the pots
    daily water/feed is necessary to refresh the oxygen into the coco & pull off excess salt 'Keeping' them from building up
    as long as you can mantain a even PH you will never get lockout unless you fuck up & over feed even then a simple one flush of distilled water will right the problem quick
    this over feed issue & the end game/finish are the only time you would even think of a flush
    coco is used the world over in greenhouse grows for many different plants
    a few simple rulz to follow & if your not a tinkeritous nerd & overly fussy with yer plants , success is easy
    1st off it's Not soil so don't even apply any soil techniques , soil thought process
    again it's very much a hydro gro BUT you can use a active bio mass like soil but unlike hydro
    more on that later

Thanks

Just what I've been looking for, took me a couple of days to locate this little gem of a thread but for a relative newbie the info Limey has put together is priceless, Its exactly why people like me join this site and other like it, clear, honest advice from people who know their shit, top marks Limey lad, cheers!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,030 Times

Just what was needed, thanks man

Sent from my Samsung S8 using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

Thanks for this, so much clear to understand info packed into a few short paragraphs, (not like the long winded cut and paste jobs that take all night to read) lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (01-02-18)

Thanks

Thanks Limey, just on my first grow now (8x Strawberry Stardawg) and taking your advice as the Bible

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default very good post !!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Limey-Digit View Post
    Hello everyone, I have decided to put my method for growing in coco down due to more and more growers asking questions. It isn't anything fancy and I only use the basic nutes etc.. but it yielded me a gram per watt in 9 weeks of flower on my last grow.

So here goes, we will start by breaking it down into 3 subsections and I will start with the most important, ph.

I have found it is best to start them off, both cutting and seedling, at 5.60 with the odd feed going in at 5.70. As they get a bit older it reverses, so you are then feeding at 5.70 with the odd one going in at 5.60. This should avoid a calcium def, common in early life. Once full veg is underway you start feeding at 5.80 with the odd one at 5.60. As you go into the first 3-4 weeks of flower, 5.80 with the odd one at 5.90. If you suffer a calcium def at this stage calmag is used. Once in full bloom, maintain 5.90 with the odd one at 6.00 until chop. This ph schedule has given me 100% healthy plants.

Now for the ec, the next on the list for importance. From seedling or cutting stage, once you begin to feed,( first set of true leaves) start them off with an ec 0.20 above your tap water ec. Then, watch your plants. From this point, I only increase the ec by 0.10-0.20 when the plants ask me to do so. This is important!!! As long as they are maintaining an even colour, she is getting all she needs so the ec stays where it is, no matter how big the plant gets. I will only increase it if the leaves start to pale, 0.10 for slight paling, 0.20 if it is more acute. That's when she needs more!!! I haven't been over 1.20 in the last 5 grows.

Finally, watering schedule. There seems to be alot of misconception about overwatering coco. Follow this guide and you will never have any problems. Firstly, even at saturation point coco has a 70/30% water/air ratio and returns to this no matter how much water you put through the pot so as long as you have a good rootmass and good drainage, you "cannot" overwater them.

From seedling or cutting, start by watering/feeding, then wait until the pot loses half it's weight (usually 3-4 days) before repeating, no matter how wet or dry the coco is. When you have a few roots at the bottom increase to every other day. Once there are a few more roots showing feed every day. Every time you water/feed make sure you get a good run off and I mean good. I put 5 litres a day through an 8-10 litre pot with a good litre and a half to 2 litres runoff once in bloom. The runoff and feeding every day means that your feeds are always fresh.

Well, that's about it really. I hope that this guide has helped to make it less scary and both encourages people to try coco and also help them to use it effectively. It really isn't that complicated.

Thank you very much for this contribution, I want to start cultivating in hydroponic to have that is given to me.
    a greeting

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pedroben For This Useful Post:

peteetah (17-01-20)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pedroben View Post
    Thank you very much for this contribution, I want to start cultivating in hydroponic to have that is given to me.
    a greeting
    Welcome to the talk mate

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5