Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TV licence goons

Thanks

Default TV licence goons

OK so I don't watch and live broadcasted TV so I won't be paying for one and I have contacted the TV licence to remove there right of implied access so they are not allowed to come to my door.

So I am wondering in Scotland do any of you guys know the chances of them showing up with a warrant? As I really don't want then appearing with the police when I'm mid grow. I did read an article that stated a warrant hasn't been issued in Scotland for three years regarding this but how true this is I do not know.

I do own a TV but there is not even an areal in my house and has no channels tuned in its just connected to my PC to watch downloaded files, so I know I don't need to pay it just the thought of them turning up with the warrant does worry me.

Any one in Scotland got any experience with this?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

if there is no signal going to the property, they wont bother mukka crack on with it. but if you watch tv , you may get a knock

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Renegad3 (14-11-14)

Thanks

They have no way of proving your picking a signal up without getting in the house, and cannot get a warrant without proof you are receiving a signal in the property.
    It's a catch 22 cock up.
    Remove implied right of access, job done.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigginge87 For This Useful Post:

green grass (03-07-16), Renegad3 (14-11-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,709 Times

If you do get the knock mate, just tell them that you have no interest in a company that harbors pedophiles. That normally gets them to fuck off, failing that do as Bigginge says & remove their implied rights of access & tell them to leave, be polite though as this will work in your favour if the tit decides he wants to call the police. If he/she does call the police, they equally have no right to enter your property either. The police are there to protect & serve you, not the shady Capita guy. Removing the implied right of access also works on bailiffs too.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

jumpman233345 (21-05-19), M_C (15-01-15), Renegad3 (14-11-14)

Thanks

Had them come to mine when I didn't have a TV, let the guy in, straight into the living room 3seconds , no problem, bye..,, lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to McPuffin For This Useful Post:

Renegad3 (14-11-14)

scoobyvince Guest

NO signal they can't prove you watch tv. hide the tv let them in and you'll be fine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scoobyvince For This Useful Post:

Renegad3 (14-11-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki - God of Mischief View Post
    If you do get the knock mate, just tell them that you have no interest in a company that harbors pedophiles. That normally gets them to fuck off,
    Lmao could not agree with this more

There is defo no signal in the house so guys i have nothing to worry about then. Thank you very much guys for putting my mind at ease with this

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Renegad3 For This Useful Post:

Loki (14-11-14)

Polybuis Guest

They can't determin with current equipment if a signal broadcast is going to you or next door, it's only accurate to like 50ft or the like, also tv licence cannot get a warrant to enter based on them scanning for signal.

This is what typically happens
    -Tv licence people show up at door normally with police ( the police are only there to make sure no one gets hit but also to make sure the licensing people don't force entry).
    -home owner sees police and drops his/her arsehole.
    -homeowner then admits to watching without licence ( if this is case)

As long as you don't drop yer arse and let them in they have no right to enter police present or not! Sheeeeeeet even if you were watching TV without licence all you do is deny deny deny, as I said the equipment cannot determin the exact location of the broadcast reception...... Unless of course you live on a farm or an extremely detached house.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

M_C (15-01-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,700 Times

if you can receive a signal ie there is a tuner on your telly,video,digibox or something that can receive a bbc signal you are required to get a licence regardless if you use it or not that was my understanding they may have changed with the internet etc . I could be wrong but that's what I was told

18. The Following User Says Thank You to satnavsatnav For This Useful Post:

British green (28-06-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast