Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TV licence goons

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by satnavsatnav View Post
    if you can receive a signal ie there is a tuner on your telly,video,digibox or something that can receive a bbc signal you are required to get a licence regardless if you use it or not that was my understanding they may have changed with the internet etc . I could be wrong but that's what I was told
    Not true mate, when the bloke knocked my door I told him I have 2 tvs one for monitoring the cctv and the other is a smart tv which I only use for to watch dvd's, netflix and internet etc....He said "Mr lightyear you have dish on the front of your house" I said, yeah I also have a chimney on the roof but i don't have a fuckin fire either...Anyway removed implied right of access and haven't heard from them in 3 years

Regards BL

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

British green (28-06-16), Parked420 (15-01-15), turnkey (20-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,700 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Not true mate, when the bloke knocked my door I told him I have 2 tvs one for monitoring the cctv and the other is a smart tv which I only use for to watch dvd's, netflix and internet etc....He said "Mr lightyear you have dish on the front of your house" I said, yeah I also have a chimney on the roof but i don't have a fuckin fire either...Anyway removed implied right of access and haven't heard from them in 3 years

Regards BL
    That's good to know,Its only what I was told but you learn somat everyday,I cant believe there are still some people with a b & w licence lol

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satnavsatnav For This Useful Post:

British green (28-06-16), Bud Lightyear (28-06-16)

Polybuis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post

Regards BL
    Very true (and that chimney remark was very quick man, I love it!) you only need the licence if the tv is connected to equipment that is capable of reciving the signal..... This does however extend to watching the live broadcast on iplayer, but only the live broadcast.

There was talk years ago (I think when Gordon Brown was pm for that little while) about making people pay a computer licence.

Thanks

That is incorrect. You can have all that equipment and and still not be required to have a television licence. As long as you do not watch contemporaneous (as it is being broadcast) commercial (or BBC) television broadcasts, you are not required to have a licence. Yeah I have a telly but it is analogue and so is incapable of receiving a signal from the current transmitters anyway but since I am a radio amateur and am legally permitted to broadcast and receive on the amateur TV bands under the terms of my amateur radio licence they can f*** right off.

And anyway I really really HATE CrAPITA.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,411 Times

Sent from the jungle

Thanks

i keep getting letters legal occupier
    near sure my names onion ring

9. The Following User Says Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (28-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    i keep getting letters legal occupier
    near sure my names onion ring
    Go to the TV licensing website and fill in the the declaration form that says you don't need a licence...Use a throwaway email and alias name, the letters will stop and you wont get a visit for at least 2 years...

Regards BL
    Last edited by Bud Lightyear; 28-06-16 at 11:10 AM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

British green (28-06-16), ERBURT (29-06-16), onion ring (28-06-16), super-stoned (15-07-16)

Thanks

sounds like a plan bud
    thanks mate

13. The Following User Says Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (29-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

I rang them recently to cancell mine the tricky basterds I thought you need it for online aswell. I use kodi for all my viewing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2