Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rooting test - Root!t vs Aloe Vera gel vs plain water

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wasat View Post
    I found this, Loki
    also said any variety of willow tree or bush works
    "Make your own willow water:
    Easily root azaleas, lilacs, summersweets (Clethra spp.) and roses by gathering about two cups of pencil-thin willow branches cut to 1-3 inch lengths. Steep twigs in a half-gallon of boiling water overnight. Refrigerated liquid kept in a jar with a tight-fitting lid will remain effective up to two months. (Label jar so you won’t confuse it with your homemade moonshine.) Overnight, soak cuttings you wish to root. Or water soil into which you have planted your cuttings with the willow water. Two applications should be sufficient. Some cuttings root directly in a jar of willow water. Make a fresh batch for each use. You can also use lukewarm water and let twigs soak for 24-48 hours."
    Great info - just wish there was a willow tree in my neighborhood haha
    Kind Regards.
    Wasat
    Sounds good maybe not the best for rockwool tho, unless you use the willow sater for a week or two. Aloe gel sticks to the stem like any gel hormone & i have more access to aloe vera plants than any willow trees.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigginge87 For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (26-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Love to hear anything that is natural and organic and of course it's freeeeee !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki - God of Mischief View Post
    Have a look in Google for "willow water" top notch for rooting plants & it's free too.

I have a wee willow planted for such purposes.

Amazing how quickly a cutting from them feckers can root.

I've also heard that planting a willow cutting in the same pot can get things started too. The willow releases what ever chemical it is into the soil apparently.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ManiacalCrab For This Useful Post:

SkunkBudda403 (13-04-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,672 Times

Would be a very cost effective way of rooting

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,664 Times

Very interesting thread. Would save s lot of money on rooting gels for s perpetual clone grow. Like im hoping to have uo snd running shortly. I also have more aloa Vera than i can shake a stick at, they grow like Weeds as my house plants.

Gunna have to give this method a try for myself in the near future.

SkunkWorx - My currant Multi-Strain Perpetual 'Garden of Eden' Grow Adventures
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...5281-SkunkWorx

SkunkWorx 'Cacti Adventures'
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=165421

Interesting PDF Books: (Everything from A-Z will now mostly post Cannabis & Horticulture Information/Books)
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129856

Skunkbudda's Random Horticulture (Non Cannabis Garden):
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=131105

Skunkbudda goes Strain Hunting:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=134649

Skunkbudda403's Show:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=127664

Thanks

Ye it works mate cant rly store it tho. It goes bad within 24hrs even in th fridge. Id suggest using a leaf off a runner rather than the main plant and throw it away after your done with that run of cuttings.

Thanks

I've been using willow water for quite some time now, and is surprisingly fast at rooting the cuttings.
    I been taking branches anywhere from baby finger to roughly thumb size in diameter, placing them in a jar of water from the kettle which has been left to cool.
    I leave it for 24hrs to soak then pour out the water into a cup and then place my cutting in the cup and leave for 24hrs before being placed into the rooting medium.
    I have used branches from a variety of willow trees and all have worked well.
    (if branches are left themselves in the water they soon root themselves and so the whole cycle can go on for both plants. Love going back and seeing some of the willow trees I've randomly planted out on walks.)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Papillon For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (26-02-18), jericho (26-02-16)

Thanks

Good to know that

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

my bottle of clonex gel is 7 years past its date of usage but it still works jest fine

Last edited by Captain Beefheart; 26-02-18 at 12:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2