Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever set up a silent grow?

Thanks

Default Has anyone ever set up a silent grow?

Ive very nearly ran out of my outdoor crop and my girls not for having an indoor op on atall. Ive tried to blag a couple of mates in to letting me use they're attic or underfloor crawlspace but girlfriend problems sprouted up again. Ive pulled up the laminate in the corner to check and our house is on solid foundations, I did even consider chipping through and then digging my own crawlspace but decided that this was unrealistic to keep to myself. I also pulled up sime of the decking in the yard and started digging only to find a complex drainage system with pipes all over the place. So...And I know im asking for trouble from the start here but im planning on utilising the attic wallspace. She never goes into the attic let alone the wallspace bit.Only problem is that our bedroom is directly below meaning that any level of hum is a nogo. I'm thinking, wool insulate the whole area then a layer of acoustic cone foam then board over then bubblewrap insulation blanket (taping up and gaps with tin tape and finally a layer of mylar. Id be making duct mufflers for both the in and out fans and using a windowsill aircon unit to cool and feed back into the main attic room. Has anyone done anything similar to this and not got busted? Cheers chaps.

Thanks

I don't believe there is any way you are going to have a grow room and not have someone living in the house know about it. Even if it's quiet, you going into the attic 3 or 4 times a day is going to arouse suspicion. LOL

Plus, attics are not usually good places to grow. Depending on where you live, it's usually too hot or too cold in an attic.

Once you find a place to grow, I suggest that you consider a tent.

Thanks

Well itd be only every 3 to 4 days once everything was up n running/ she's at work in the day 5 days a week..so no problem there. Ive built an attic growroom in my last place and using an oil heater took care of cold temps, there a great way to warm things up without hiking up your leccy bill!
    I still don't think im going to be able to make it quiet enough though. Im even thinking a bunker cave type thing at the end of the garden would be a safer bet but I imagine thatd take me a very long time. ..

Are there any decent carbon filters substitutes that anyone knows of that aren't noisy as hell? Thats where the noise/problem lies

Thanks

Shop around to find the quietest bathroom fan. Find some carbon filter as these from kitchen fan filter. Take note with a duct, the fan gonna be noisier than without duct

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maxld47 For This Useful Post:

tomryder (04-12-14)

ganjagunman Guest

Easiest option would be to find a new girlfriend mate.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

Cunning (05-12-14), hesi88 (14-02-15), Jesse Pinkman (02-12-14), M_C (02-12-14), Raggidy (02-12-14), Thewiginthenorth (08-12-14), Woodfire (05-03-15)

Thanks

Im growing in the attic and keep needing to make excuses to visit the attic to read EC and PH levels, total ball ache. Mrs aint arsed but the kids will talk so im fixing the boiler everytime, crazy business.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxld47 View Post
    Shop around to find the quietest bathroom fan. Find some carbon filter as these from kitchen fan filter. Take note with a duct, the fan gonna be noisier than without duct
    Right yeh, gunna go with this.nice one bro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTBag View Post
    Im growing in the attic and keep needing to make excuses to visit the attic to read EC and PH levels, total ball ache. Mrs aint arsed but the kids will talk so im fixing the boiler everytime, crazy business.
    Haha.the things we'l do....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tomryder For This Useful Post:

UncleTBag (04-12-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    Easiest option would be to find a new girlfriend mate.
    Yeh man, ive brought the subject up on 3 seperate occasions leaving a couple of months in between To see Iif her mind changes but she's not for having it, its shite

Thanks

Ok, new idea, not sure if it'll stop the smell completely but hey not got many options to try. Im thinking have the plants in one of these airtight storage containers within the growroom with about five autos in each

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...d=0CB8QMygDMAM

Annd fit computer fans at one end and at the other have an exit with a layer or two of carbon filter cooker mesh (cheers maxld47 for reminding me about this stuff) Ive used this on ta couple of little stealth cupboards I made a while back, works pretty well for a few autos. Still the issue of a quiet way of cooling the air going back into the atticspace. Would love to send it back down to the rest of the house but she'd obviously notice a new vent on the ceiling. .
    Last edited by tomryder; 04-12-14 at 05:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast