Thread: 2 x GT205 advice

Dry land when it occasionally stops raining
    Thanks

Default 2 x GT205 advice

Hi,
    my tent is 90x90x170 using 400w hps, could I get away with 4 plants in there (2 in each Gt205) or would I be better off with less?
    root space was my concern..also tent space to be considered...thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

That should work just fine. You might want to consider doing 1 per tank & doing some LST or even a SCROG. That may work a bit better.

Good luck

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

seabass (15-12-14), The-Limey-Digit (15-12-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,495 Times

Default 2 x GT205 advice

I'd consider linking the two trays together or buying a different tray or even a different hydro set up. I fucked my NFTs off for IWS and I've never looked back

If you use two trays you've got to everything twice. Ie check EC/PH, change the res, top the res up. It's a balls ache. I ran two 604s for a while, trust me
    "Smoke dog baby. Remember that shit. I been smoking since I was two."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Smokey- For This Useful Post:

seabass (15-12-14), The-Limey-Digit (15-12-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Quote Originally Posted by -Smokey- View Post

If you use two trays you've got to everything twice. Ie check EC/PH, change the res, top the res up. It's a balls ache. I ran two 604s for a while, trust me
    I'd definitely agree there lol. I used to run two 901's in my tent with 4 per tank but now I have halved that. Add LST & SCROG to the mix & it's looking like it'll be my beast yield to date - from the least amount of plants! Less is more

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

-Smokey- (16-12-14), seabass (15-12-14), The-Limey-Digit (15-12-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,381 Times

Hello mate, same story as Smokey and Gooba. Just on a smaller scale. I tried 2 plants in one 205 tank and 1 plant ended up dominating the grow, they seem to compete for rootspace. I had a much better result from a single plant. Also, they could need different feed strengths, in which case, you can do nothing about.
    If you're going to use more than one in a single tank, make sure they are clones.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The-Limey-Digit For This Useful Post:

-Smokey- (16-12-14), seabass (15-12-14)

Thanks

Same her as all the above I used a 205 for one grow with 2 plants and it was a nightmare if you used autos then you could prob do it but the roots take up so much space in the small system it's a pain,
    Iv gone for bubble buckets now or oxy pots if you like and there way better you can control each one if there's a problem with it but it's a lot harder if two in same system,
    I'd go for 4 bubble buckets myself or just the 2 under a scrog
    CB
    Originally Posted by wert
    i would slap wayne rooney,but not in a nasty way,just a slap across the face to wake him up and help get his priorities right.
    i would also like to slap kylie minogue but this time in a nasty dirty way on her petite little arse.

god made weed, man made beer.....

who do you trust?

Formally kenus_420

5th grow 1st diary: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...l-flower-mode-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chanandler bong For This Useful Post:

seabass (15-12-14)

Dry land when it occasionally stops raining
    Thanks

sorry for late reply, cheers for the feedback all. I totally like the idea of less is more, being as its a first grow for me of any kind, less stress?
    I'm stuck with the 205's atm smokey, so I guess i'l be learning the hard way over res changes etc...no worries though.

Anyway I should be germ'n soon and looking forward to starting a diary of how it goes...thanks

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seabass For This Useful Post:

-Smokey- (16-12-14), chanandler bong (16-12-14), Type M (15-12-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,495 Times

If you've got them mate have you considered running them off a external res. that way you could get a much better stable res and can control them much better?

The problem I have is with the res's been small and the flux. So I reckon they'll be much better of a external res

15. The Following User Says Thank You to -Smokey- For This Useful Post:

seabass (17-12-14)

Thanks

I agree with everyone re the small res size and as Smokey stated perhaps a larger external res would be a good thing for stability. I run 4 plants per tray (low pressure sprayers) and have 130 liters of solution which stays pretty good for upto 10 days. I just use a cheap walmart tote (black with red lid). I have also started using Microbe lift pl (pond additive) in my res and have had amazing results with stability and root health, also its cheaper than the canabis specific microbe stuff. Good luck with the grow!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

seabass (01-01-15)