Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Smart meters, the future is looking grim for growers.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The budda View Post
    This will only make people more likely to bypass the bastard meter it’s never been my thing even with running 6 1ks in my flower room be some job explaining that spike 12/12 while my veg tents run two 600w mh 18/6 . Shouldn’t have to worry about this shit as we are all paying but they just seem to always want to make life hard
    Clever these smart meters, they know when they have been turned off and record the event

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Kurdt (14-01-20), Langers (14-01-20), M_C (14-01-20), Subterranean Man (14-01-20), The budda (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Clever these smart meters, they know when they have been turned off and record the event
    Smart fucks lol

Up the irons

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Kurdt (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Skynet......

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Valentina (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    Skynet......
    IMO that is as good as being in place and it's a matter of time before it is switched on.

I want to believe that there is hope for mankind, but I just am sick of the betrayals.

Growing a plant or squeezing a pimple are the same - they should be nobody else's business!!
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Kurdt (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,392 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Just because of the peaks in the electric wont they be able to tell just don’t like the thought of it but suppose it’s got to be done
    What about folk who are in a hot tub every night

Not me I can assure you

Smart meters are really only there to automate a system. I’ve had mine 4-5 years, not sure I’ve seen anyone at my door wanting to physically read my meter since ( not to my knowledge)

They change the meters (gas n leccy) connect them to a 4g Wi-Fi SIM card pair them and job done. They don’t necessarily want to go any other areas than your meters.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subterranean Man For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Langers (14-01-20)

Thanks

These have been causing issues for fellow electricians in some parts of the uk. Normally we just pull main fuse to say replace an old fuseboard. Then when done we re-instate main fuse stick a new seal on the fuse and job done......NOT anymore in a few areas.
    What happens is electrician pulls fuse and local dno get a disconecction notice and that automatically generates a callout for an engineer to attend asap. They then see the fuse seal is broken and have taken to giving the electrician a bill for £££'s. I know a few have suggested where they put the bill.....But this will become more of a "thing" the more of these smart meters that are installed.
    One last point - your smart meter installer could have been totally unqualified and never done more than 1 or 2 weeks "training" to install those meters - many loose connections have unfortunately led to fires and many of my fellow sparks have witnessed some shocking meter installs.....sorry to be a doom monger sleep well lol.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davidfa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Subterranean Man (14-01-20), Valentina (15-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean Man View Post
    What about folk who are in a hot tub every night

Not me I can assure you

Smart meters are really only there to automate a system. I’ve had mine 4-5 years, not sure I’ve seen anyone at my door wanting to physically read my meter since ( not to my knowledge)

They change the meters (gas n leccy) connect them to a 4g Wi-Fi SIM card pair them and job done. They don’t necessarily want to go any other areas than your meters.
    Faraday cage around the meter then

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-01-20), Subterranean Man (17-01-20)

Thanks

A bit late to this thread but thought it might help someone. My partner works for a energy company and when speaking to her about it she said as long as your bills are paid they don’t care. You think some wealthier people have heated swimming pools etc think how much juice they use. The only way it would get raised if you paid hardly anything on your bill (if you bypass the meter). they can see what your house size is and they have an average for 2,3 bed etc. So let’s say your house is an average of £90 a month and your paying £20 then it will get raised so don’t bypass folks.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Panzerdank For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-09-21), Ice9 (21-09-21), M_C (21-09-21), scoot (21-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Second generation smart meters allow the user to choose monthly readings. No worries about them knowing that your lights have just turned on.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-09-21), scoot (21-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times

Third generation smart meters will use the refrigerator to spy on you. It will inform the government you're smoking weed and beating your kids.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (21-09-21), GEORGE (21-09-21), M_C (21-09-21), scoot (21-09-21)

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast