Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Smart meters, the future is looking grim for growers.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

i'd love to go backwards m.c but its not going happen for quite a few years

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

British green (06-07-17), GEORGE (05-09-18), M_C (06-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    I don't use mobile phones and just cannot understand how people got them and all the new stuff we get bombarded with so much, just progress like it or not, we all know what we know what we don't know must be very scary indeed.
    I must admit, if I didn't need to have a smart phone then I would dump the thing! But that's another story
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (06-07-17), GEORGE (05-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

I needed a phone on my last job cost me £30 from Tesco spent £30 on calls since I retired near 4 years ago, its sat here no money on it needs charging.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

British green (06-07-17), GEORGE (05-09-18), ggotch (06-07-17), M_C (06-07-17), Valentina (06-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    i'd love to go backwards m.c but its not going happen for quite a few years
    I embrace technology that makes things better & easier for me!

I reject technology that has obvious security flaws and no added benefit to me... ever given contactless cards a 2nd thought? Is it really that we can't be arsed to tap in a 4 digit code? Or is it that the powers that be can see more of your spending habits & sell the info? Business would love a cash free society where they could monitor every single penny that you spend (and sell on that data), and contactless cards are the first step towards that goal

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (06-07-17), Gaz (05-09-18), GEORGE (05-09-18), ggotch (06-07-17), Glynne (06-07-17), Valentina (06-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I embrace technology that makes things better & easier for me!

I reject technology that has obvious security flaws and no added benefit to me... ever given contactless cards a 2nd thought? Is it really that we can't be arsed to tap in a 4 digit code? Or is it that the powers that be can see more of your spending habits & sell the info? Business would love a cash free society where they could monitor every single penny that you spend (and sell on that data), and contactless cards are the first step towards that goal
    Scary bit of kit them cards, so easy to spend money without realising what your actually doing.
    I don't think I ever use mine and take into account wether or not I can afford it or not ( well it has £30 limit).
    But the thing I'm getting at is the practically zero effort to spend cash, the whole handing the notes over and getting a hand full of change has almost disappeared these days, scary the thought they're on credit cards too.......

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-09-18), M_C (08-07-17)

Thanks

Haha ive had my leccy company send me emails,txs,phone calls and have even knocked on the door...everything starts with we are currently in your area fitting smart meters!
    I told him good luck with his mission and come back too me when its compulsory....he marched off looking all sad!

Regards

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sparky007 For This Useful Post:

AND (05-09-18), GEORGE (05-09-18), ggotch (05-09-18), joker_the_smoker (06-09-18), M_C (05-09-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky007 View Post
    Haha ive had my leccy company send me emails,txs,phone calls and have even knocked on the door...everything starts with we are currently in your area fitting smart meters!
    I told him good luck with his mission and come back too me when its compulsory....he marched off looking all sad!

Regards
    My Mrs is having the argument this weeek with them about all this. She asks, what does it offer, they say “ you can accurately see what youre using and only pay for what you’re using”. The online package we have we enter our meter readings online every month, and see what we are using any way. There is no point to these things man, and the main thing that gets me is, it’s free??? You can’t even have a modem installed for free ffs, what’s in it for them. It’s obvious the cost is passed to the consumer.

Even if I didn’t grow, I won’t be having one of these

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (05-09-18), GEORGE (05-09-18), M_C (05-09-18), Sparky007 (05-09-18), Valentina (05-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky007 View Post

Regards
    Me and you both mate, 3 times they've tried in the last month and 3 times i've had the sad 'i'm not getting any commision' face

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-09-18), Sparky007 (06-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Legally they cant make you have one, yet.

Sooner or later they will send a letter to say forceful entry will be made and bring along the police. They will misuse dangerous equipment legislation.

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Legally they cant make you have one, yet.

Sooner or later they will send a letter to say forceful entry will be made and bring along the police. They will misuse dangerous equipment legislation.

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker
    Whats going on here lads? Completely missed this but sure its not far away.

They want to use smart meters to spy on us? Lol
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-09-18), Gaz (05-09-18), GEORGE (05-09-18)

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast