Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mars II 900W Fan Replacement Guide

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

I didn't think it was that loud in the first place to be fair lol but the reduced temps are worth it...

Thanks for the guide dude

Peace...IJ

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

Oxy (06-01-15), Samwise Gamgee (06-01-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Roybo View Post
    Let the MOD's begin. Thanks Judd for inspiring me to tweak mine.

I found a bundle of 8 very quiet (17db) high performance 74 cfm fans for $60! Free ship too off Amazon.
    I like the prospect of additional cooling the quiet is just a bonus.
    I need to see if 140mm fans will fit. If they do there's way better cooling options.
    Also will be checking the drivers to see if they can be updated.
    I'll post my mod's in a couple weeks when I get my fans.
    Ha Ha
    Change the title of this thread to Pimp my LED bitches!
    Hi Roybo, as far as I know all the Mars II units have 120mm fans, but I am only guessing that from pictures I have seen, the main difference is the amount of fans

The 450w has 2
    The 900w has 4
    The 1200w has 6
    The 1600w has 8

I don't think you would be able to replace 120mm fans with 140mm fans as the standoffs would be in the wrong place.

Goodluck with your mods thou, look forward to seeing them

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Oxy (07-01-15), Roybo (11-01-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ironjustice View Post
    I didn't think it was that loud in the first place to be fair lol but the reduced temps are worth it...

Thanks for the guide dude

Peace...IJ
    Cheers IJ, it was the loudest piece of kit in my drobe in the end, I suppose it also depends where your groom is located.

I wanted quieter fans, just thought I would knock a guide up for anyone else that found the units loud, obviously if you don't find the units loud, don't swap the fans

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Oxy (07-01-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

Yeah mate it's a good thing for people looking to quieten down a grow... Just with a dehumidifier running it drowns out the sound anyway lol

I'm going for an even quiter set up myself as well, so when I get my 900 back I will defo be doing it

Cheers bud...

IJ

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

Oxy (07-01-15), Samwise Gamgee (11-01-15)

Bulls Guest

Hi. I just got a new Mars 2 900w panel and I am using a grow tent. What would be the best thing to use to attach the panel to the tent and adjust the height? thanks!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150404_095307[1].jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	293304
    Just adding this to the thread to help people but i managed to do it without using the 2 and 3 pin connectors/convertors. It's just most modern pc fans come with 2 power wires and 1 wire to change speed and voltage etc to run on diffrent programs on your pc, so i cut all the plugs off cut the molex off because that is just for connecting directly to the psu on a pc and just stripped the wire back on the red and black wires and attached them together and wrapped insulation tape round them, worked a dream.

This will obviously ruin your warranty and i'm taking no responsibility for anyone messing this up but i can assure you it has worked for me and i don't see a reason why it shoudnt work for anyone else.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

McPuffin (18-04-15), Samwise Gamgee (31-05-15)

Thanks

This is all so interesting for me, it brings me the idea of been able to change temp and humidity control is through apps in your groom, I'm sure ppl are controlling grow rooms through remote access now but I bet the ultimate system isn't out yet

Thanks

In fact Yeah it will be

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

hello judd man can you please pick out some fans for me, for the 1200w? i fancy switching to quieter fans.... unsure of size on them yet or where to start. this thread will help .. if you could would you link me to them bad boys via pm. cheers fella

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Morning geez....i am struggling to find the same fans as the ones you bought. Can you PM me a good alternative pls? I actually need it for better cooling more than reduced noise if that changes anything?

Cheer in advance

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast