Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teach me the basics

Thanks

Default Teach me the basics

I'm from Scotland and I'm seriously interested in beginning to grow. I'm not interested in anything major, just me and a mate growing enough for ourselves. We were thinking around 2/3 plants?

ANYWAY before any of this can be possible I have a few questions (take it easy growing isn't very popular here so there aren't many people to educate me&#128514

Firstly I would like to say that we were thinking about growing outdoors in the ground; the soil here isn't good so we're planning to dig out a large area and fill it with soil we've bought. However since we live in Scotland and it's freezing we are going to get a greenhouse to stick in the ground around the plant, we were going to start around March/April when the warmer weather is on its way in.

Now for the questions, I've read something about fertilisers and "n-p-k" levels. I kind of understand it but could anyone explain fertilising? and if they live in the UK, recommend a specific fertiliser?

Another question I have, WATER. How often do plants need watered? And how do I know when they need watered?

I understand these questions may seem idiotic to some but as I say I know nothing about the subject, however I am eager to learn. We were looking to find out whether others think this is a good idea and how it could be improved. If it makes any difference we are interested in growing sativa.

Any feedback is appreciated.

(I would include a pic of the greenhouse if I could but this is my first post and I'm not allowed, it's not glass, it's a sort of plastic)

Thanks

It would also be great if someone could explain pH, soil pH and I've read that the pH of the water used to water the plants is important as well?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Hi ryaan, welcome to the forum

Have a read around the stickies on outdoor growing, most of what you ask is covered extensively.

the only thing I would add is that sativas are a long flower so may not be the most practical in your location, an indica (or mix of the two) would probably be a better option for you
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

scotland, i,d say autos through the warm season with lots of light, 20 hours anyway

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi M_C ok thank you! And Murdock what are autos ?😳

Thanks

G'Day Ryaan, welcome. Do yourself a favour and research as much as you can, then ask Q's to fill in the gaps. There is a certain pleasure in all aspects of growing marijuana. 😎

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Power For This Useful Post:

andybhoy (21-01-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

There's a few out door strains that grow well in Scotland pretty much by themselves once U have them planted

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

andybhoy (21-01-15)

Thanks

Al crack the jokes..to cold up here Face av never heard of an outdoor grow in Scotland bud..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by andybhoy View Post
    Al crack the jokes..to cold up here Face av never heard of an outdoor grow in Scotland bud..
    Never heard of does not mean it can't be done a already posted pics of this outdoor one in glasgow

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-02-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,354 Times

I would show you where they are bud but if you found them in Scotland then they would be grows not a gorilla grows hahaha

a good strain for outdoors is incredible bulk. they are hard plants to kill in heat and cold if there grown to a sufficient height before planted out and even then introduced to outside climate slowly.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GRIMER For This Useful Post:

andybhoy (05-02-15)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast