Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bho single solvent (butane honey oil)

Thanks

Default Bho single solvent (butane honey oil)

Ok my friends wanted me to do a small 7 g run for them. The strain was double dream.
    I decided I wanted to document this little run for fun on here to show you guys how to make bho.

We first start by packing the extraction tube, you can find these at most head shops. Different sizes for different weights of bud. You want it packed tight but still have air flow. For nug run you want your nugs in little popcorn nugs. After it is packed you want to put a silk screen or coffee filters (bleached preferred) and a clamp or electric tape to hold it on the end as a lid.

Ok then you pop the Tane (butane) and the tube in the freezer and wait. How long you keep it there can vary, I like keeping it in the freezer over night, but in this case I only did 30 min cus is such a small run, 448 gs compared to 7 gs is a lot lol.
    I'm gonna make a side note. Your choice of tane can vary. As long as it's 5x refined it's good. In this run I used vector.

Ok so after it's in the freezer you take the tube, tane and a Pyrex bowl or dish OUTSIDE. Caution I specify outside because we are dealing with highly flammable gasses, and without the right ventilation and proper care, YOU WILL EXPLODE, but enough of that just don't blast inside or light a cig or joint while blasting, those are big no nos.
    ok sorry for me getting side tracked, important things you must take note of. You then put the spout of the Tane can into the extraction tube push down and let the butane run through the weed out the coffee filter into the Pyrex.

Ok so after this what you will have in the Pyrex is highly flammable, you will need to heat it up to get the butane to evaporate off, but you can't get it too hot to burn the THC, there is many different ways to do this in this process I put it on a heating element at 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
    After awhile it will start to bubble up and basically harden and form an oil like substance

You then will want to scrape all the oil from the Pyrex on to a piece of parchment paper.

You are not ready to smoke yet though. There is still a lot of butane in this solution, you need to purge it. You will put it into a metal chamber on top of a griddle warming it up to 95 degrees Fahrenheit

Once it's at 95 degrees you will pressurize it to 30+ hg using a vacuum pump, at least 3 cfm

The oil then will muffin up, the effects of the butane leaving the substance, and you will leave it there for 24 hours

After that 24 hours you will do the flip and put it in for another 24 hours, I will be updating the post once I do the flip tomorrow. And keep updating this post until this little slab is done.
    Check out my auto flowering stealth grow, I will be updating that in the next couple days with germinating pics and planting and what not
    Stay heady 🔥🍯👌

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to steadydabbing For This Useful Post:

AND (24-02-18), chanandler bong (03-02-15), FACE (29-01-15), Jesse Pinkman (01-02-15), M_C (01-02-15), Smokinjoe (23-10-15), sw14 (03-02-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Great thread I have been looking for this kind of info
    Can u show other methods of purging an how it will look as some guys don't have a vac chamber

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

dogman (30-01-15), Donmitch0121 (02-02-15), She's-a-Lady (29-03-15), Trex (12-02-17)

Thanks

Update!!
    This pic was taking within the first 14 hours of the purge

It's been at a steady 90 degrees and is getting more gold as time goes by. At the 24 hour mark I will depressurize the vacuum chamber and freeze the oil and do a flip, then heat the oil back up to 90 degrees and pressurize the chamber again. Then I will let it purge for another 24 hours and do the flip again, and basically repeat until stable and doesn't sizzle when you put it on the heating element.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadydabbing For This Useful Post:

chanandler bong (03-02-15)

Thanks

I will update again in a few hours when it's time to do the flip

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FACE View Post
    Great thread I have been looking for this kind of info
    Can u show other methods of purging an how it will look as some guys don't have a vac chamber
    I believe there is only one way to purge and that's to pressurize the oil and keep it on a heating element. It can be done with a vac oven, or a vacuum pump and chamber ( I have the pump) with solventless hash, ice wax, water hash, ect. You do not need to purge what you do then, is cure, pretty much same way you cure the plant except with oil. I hope I answered your question brotha

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadydabbing For This Useful Post:

chanandler bong (03-02-15), FACE (30-01-15)

Thanks

Update!

It's been 24 hours in the vac, honestly this particular strain is already very stable. You then put it into the freeze for a min or two then flip that guy or fold over and put back into the vac for another 24 hours

That's what it look like when I folded it over

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to steadydabbing For This Useful Post:

chanandler bong (03-02-15), FACE (30-01-15), Murdock (30-01-15), M_C (01-02-15), She's-a-Lady (29-03-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

bang on that is mate, i,ll be giving it a go in the near future, good details about whats going on and why, good show

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

chanandler bong (03-02-15), FACE (30-01-15), steadydabbing (31-01-15)

Thanks

Update

So now it's been in the vac for another 24 hours, I depressurized and flipped, and pressurized again

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steadydabbing For This Useful Post:

chanandler bong (03-02-15), FACE (31-01-15), She's-a-Lady (29-03-15)

Thanks

So now it's been pressurized for 10 hours, it's starting to look more smooth, the bubbles are going down, and it's looking more gold, as I did the flip it was so stable I could hold it, that doesn't always happen, all strains run different, this particular one runs very stable and resembles a crystal,

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steadydabbing For This Useful Post:

chanandler bong (03-02-15), FACE (31-01-15), Jesse Pinkman (01-02-15), mandarina (07-08-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Default Bho single solvent (butane honey oil)

Nice Info mate thanks for sharing
    It's good to see how it's done

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast