Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: channel 4 cannabis 'research'

Thanks

Question channel 4 cannabis 'research'

Did anyone watch the TV programme fronted by John Snow? Lots of it was ridiculous (like him taking loads for the first time then getting into an MRI scanner - recipe for disaster) but some of it was actually a bit worrying.

They were saying that the new forms of cannabis - the strains that we all grow - contain high THC but no CBD. Surely this can't be right? They're basically saying the new stronger strains you're more likely to get pschosis (something I've always been worried about!)

My experience of it is, the new stuff is much much better than the hash I used to smoke at university. That stuff just made me sleep! Which was good in some ways but it's much much better to have something I can still function on after smoking it... Especially as I'm self medicating for depression and it's really helping me.

What do you all think?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

The THC is being bred 'up' in cannabis whilst the CBD is on the deline. This is something that I was discussing with a friend the other day whilst talking about cannabis as a medicine. I took a look round and those that do quote CBD levels quote low...

So! I had a dig around & found that Cannatonic Seeds do a THC to CBD ratio of 1:1 so they are on my list to try...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

ill keep it short n sweet but as the proud father of my 2 very strong now young adult children , 1 has bipolar 2 the other bipolar 1 and unstable personality disorder, both suffered phsycosis and spent time sectioned under the mental health act, both proven to be non drug takers ( fact ) due to regular blood tests they give due to meds there on including antiphyscotics and mood stableisers and watching them become shadows of themselves under the medication they are on, then to be told by a physchiatrist that as a human race we only truly understand 4-5% of the human mind, my own personal view of thus program which i dud watch was utter shite, where the science of john snow 67 yrs old having his first white death, fuck off you stupid old twat, never have i watched such a propaganda witch hunt, the truth is they really dont know, and yes alot of people in the mental health system take or have taken drugs but what came first chicken or egg, they cant prove weather mental health is hereditory or not, who is more likely to suffer and who isnt, and when you are diagnosed with mental health the drugs wont gelp but just turn you into a ghost of who you were and give you massive weight gain free of charge, which is a bargain for sombody with body dismorphia, low self esteem,yes alot of mental health patience use drugs but why,what happened before drug use in lives,what family history ect ect, as a real regular joe public with an inside view of mental health and even having profesional nhs staff asking my kids and suspecting drug use only to be proven wrong through blood tests as they automaticaly assume until proven innocent that drugs are playing a part in illness,i cant help but tell absolutly every fucker involved in this program to fuck off and do you home work

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

biggiebri (23-05-15), EaZiE (29-05-15), Jane Green (18-10-15), M_C (07-03-15)

Thanks

I belive psychosis can happen for many reasons. You are either born with the chemical embalances, you may have years of hard drug abuse or may have even suffered a severe head injury...

Thanks

they dont know and cant prove either or, its complete guess work including treatment, and once you involved in the system you realise we are no further advanced than when we used to drill holes in skulls to release demons , what i do know is how harrowing it is to watch your kids suffer and theres failures around every corner trying to get help and as i say no drugs were involved in my kids illness yet until they drug test them they dont and wont believe you, what they need to wake up to is illegal drugs are here to stay and people will use them and i dont even think the government have a fucking clue to the true extent and are avaliable to all from tobacco and alcohol right the way through to a smorgers board of class A, leagal highs ect, as i say we only understand 4-5 % human mind so whos right, i have no idea my views are from personal experience only , but my views are very strong, stress , gambling,money problems,ect, why dont they wage war on all the shitty magazines aimed at young women that are air brushed to fuck causing eating disorders leading to mental health, my view is its general election time propoganda and wher the fuck did channel 4 buy there weed, was it of a hoodie chav or sourced theough government legal chanels,BIGGEST load of shite hosted by twats in to for the pay only

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by closetgrower01 View Post
    I belive psychosis can happen for many reasons. You are either born with the chemical embalances, you may have years of hard drug abuse or may have even suffered a severe head injury...
    yep but they havnt a clue its all ifs whats n may be

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,113 Times

I watched it, and constantly told the TV too fuck off, get fucked etc it was all bollax!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,685 Times

Not even watched it yet ... Was working..in no rush to either..know it'll do my nut in...lies, half truths n propaganda...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,368 Times

All I have to say is what a load of crap! I could go on and on about it but I won't. They need to get their facts right next time they try anything like that against and do proper experiments. None of it was controlled properly at all. Was kinda funny to watch though! Lol!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,094 Times

The white noise test was the biggest load a PISH I've ever witnessed

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubbered For This Useful Post:

J4m3s (09-03-15)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast