Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DIY Greenhouse?

Thanks

Red face DIY Greenhouse?

Hello, first off I live in northern states of the US. My partner and I wanted to build (or buy if theyre cheap) a greenhouse in my backyard, possibly. What are the pros and cons to this? I am worried about the smell, I would have like 75% legal plants in there but want to do this for fun. I started this hobby strictly for smoking but now I enjoy growing in general.

Thank you

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

There are plenty of DIY greenhouse designs on the net, it really depends on your DIY'ing ability as to if it is better to build your own or buy one...

Smell issues really depend on how close neighbors are...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

TheCatDaddy (29-03-15)

Thanks

What about the ones @ Harbor Freight? Are they any good?

They had a 6' x 8' for $250 during a big sale last month, back to $299 now.

Also have a 10' x 12' for $699. With those prices you could get 2 of the smaller ones for less money & have more space.

Sometimes HF has good stuff but most of the time you gotta get several of whatever it is you're buying since it will undoubtedly break.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

I built one a few years ago out off old windows my neighbour was dumping and corrugated plastic for the roof bro well sealed up with silicone

Up the irons

Thanks

Sorry for nicking the topic didn't want to start another.

Basically I'm wanting to build a greenhouse out of pvc piping. I've found a photo of a sort of frame I'd like to do but I was never really good at DT so I'm having trouble calculating the lengths of the tubes that I'm gonna need to use. I've labelled up the screenshot of the design just need help calculating the lengths with the question marks (?). Could anyone help at all? Would be very grateful

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatDaddy View Post
    Hello, first off I live in northern states of the US. My partner and I wanted to build (or buy if theyre cheap) a greenhouse in my backyard, possibly. What are the pros and cons to this? I am worried about the smell, I would have like 75% legal plants in there but want to do this for fun. I started this hobby strictly for smoking but now I enjoy growing in general.

Thank you
    What about a polytunnel ? You can get clear ones, or green.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshots_2016_01_22_00_07_09 (1).jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	318383

hope this helps fella

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrjung View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshots_2016_01_22_00_07_09 (1).jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	318383

hope this helps fella
    Cheers bro, but it came out a thumbnail I'm unable to read the side value. The top is 500mm and the side one is what length?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

If ye gonna diy greenhouse,build it round the pieces of glass ye pick up on ye travels.
    I saw the rain-dirty valley
    You saw Brigadoon

Thanks

Already got the plastic film just need to build the frame just need to know the lengths of pvc to know how much to buy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast