Thread: Windows Tinting

Bulls Guest

Default Windows Tinting

Good morning everyone!
    At the moment I have 1.2x1.2x2m tent in my bedroom with Mars 2 900W LED inside. I have a window door leading to my garden in my bedroom. I have also blackout curtains. Sometimes it happens that I have to open the tent at night when it's dark outside and my bedroom turns into a retro disco club. So I went outside to check how much light is escaping through the door windows and it's not much but anyway if someone is growing under the same LED panel might find out what I am doing. So I was thinking if there is any kind of film that I can use to tint the windows? It needs to be something that can be removed easy as I am a tenant and will have to remove the foil one day before I move out. Any advice will be welcome.

Thanks

I think plain window tint as in cars are quite easy to remove. All you will need to do is heat it up, use razor to shave tiny bit of it - so you could grab on it. Then just pull it off.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beavis For This Useful Post:

The budda (13-04-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

Blacked out or tinted house windows will possibly arouse more suspicion bro I'd just bare that in mind , the drive round my way looking for tell tale signs before robbing you

Up the irons

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (13-04-15), M_C (13-04-15), satnavsatnav (13-04-15)

ganjagunman Guest

If its a white PVC door then just get some white vinyl off ebay and stick that to the glass so it just looks like plastic panels then and not glass.. stick it to the outside of the glass, buy the car vinyl thats suitable for outdoor, itl cost you literally a few quid

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The budda View Post
    Blacked out or tinted house windows will possibly arouse more suspicion bro I'd just bare that in mind , the drive round my way looking for tell tale signs before robbing you
    I think that was the best advice. Now thinking about that will be better leave it like this and everything looks normal. Maybe I will be a bit more careful and just switch the lights in the garden that way it won't be possible to notice any light from the inside.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Hedonistic Hippy (13-04-15), The budda (13-04-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

I invested in blackout blinds for the tent room bro and heavy duty curtains from the second hand shop don't have to look pretty just need to do there job
    Best of luck bro

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

Hedonistic Hippy (13-04-15), jimmy2shoes (26-05-15)

Thanks

I have a cfl bulb in my tent that when I need to go in I just turn it on and turn my LED OFF so at night it looks like the bedroom light is on

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,551 Times

I am about to use velcro and blackout, reflective or random material. Put one side of velcro in a square around the curtains or blinds. Cut a sheet of material to size and attach opposing side of velcro. You now have a blackout curtain that covers your normal curtain that can be removed easily when not needed. The sticky on velcro will come off easy for flat inspections as well