Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drug testing at Work

Thanks

Angry Drug testing at Work

Hey guys I need your advice massively, I started a new full time job around 4 weeks ago with a supermarket in the distribution sector. This job is in a warehouse working with manual handling equipment, I was crashed in to by someone that works in the warehouse he ran over my foot with his MHE, due to the nature of the accident we were both drug tested. I failed the drug test because they found THC in my system. I no longer smoke and I haven't smoked anything since before I joined the company but prior to this I smoke day in day out, I lost my kid over a year ago and due to this I used to smoke from when I woke up to when I went to sleep to try and forget. I quit green when I found out I was getting this job. but the test was sent off to the lab and came back with 63 ng ml in my system. The person that conducted the test has said that in his professional experience, I have been smoking since I joined the company whit I know for a fact I have not touched anything. I really don't know what to do, I have an interview in the morning to discuss this but I can foresee that I will be loosing my job. I Need some advice, please guys thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokeytoker For This Useful Post:

RASTA (11-05-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeytoker View Post
    Hey guys I need your advice massively, I started a new full time job around 4 weeks ago with a supermarket in the distribution sector. This job is in a warehouse working with manual handling equipment, I was crashed in to by someone that works in the warehouse he ran over my foot with his MHE, due to the nature of the accident we were both drug tested. I failed the drug test because they found THC in my system. I no longer smoke and I haven't smoked anything since before I joined the company but prior to this I smoke day in day out, I lost my kid over a year ago and due to this I used to smoke from when I woke up to when I went to sleep to try and forget. I quit green when I found out I was getting this job. but the test was sent off to the lab and came back with 63 ng ml in my system. The person that conducted the test has said that in his professional experience, I have been smoking since I joined the company whit I know for a fact I have not touched anything. I really don't know what to do, I have an interview in the morning to discuss this but I can foresee that I will be loosing my job. I Need some advice, please guys thanks.
    Maybe tell them u was round a mates who was smoking weed. And thats the only reason u can think of why its in your system?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

Not good bro sorry to hear about your troubles as rasta says best try to blag them with the contact high
    Best of luck

Up the irons

Thanks

Was it a urine test? As far as I know, it can be detected in urine for up to 30-days after last smoking. If you've not touched any since before you started working, ask them to test you again (provided it's over 30-days since you stopped smoking).

If they used a hair sample to test, the detection period is much longer, up to about 90-days.

Assuming your in the UK - something to keep up your sleeve, if the interview is going badly and it looks like you're about to lose your job, you could tell them you had a dependency (addiction) which your now recovering from. Make sure they write it down or record it some how in their interview notes. Under employment law, they have to consider that an illness, so can't sack you for it and if they do, you could take them to an employment tribunal. Going down that route might need you to involve your GP to prove your not smoking any more, but you should win the case.

Good luck!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hula For This Useful Post:

M_C (12-05-15), RASTA (12-05-15), The budda (12-05-15)

Thanks

Mate, have you done your test yet, it not get flushing and drink plenty before you go, you'll piss a diluted sample and you'll pass, trust Me this works from doing random piss tests in jail lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

I would ask HR for their drug testing policy... if they have one then it's your issue ... if they don't then what the hell were they doing testing you?

Anyway. They did not find THC in your system, they found metabeloids of THC in your system - a different thing altogether!

Did they ask you if you were taking a legal prescription or non prescription drugs before the testing? (they should have!) as there are a list of legal (some over the counter such as Ibuprofen!) drugs that will cause a false positive test... I have PM'd you a link to this...

Good luck, let us know what happens...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

green grass (29-01-16), SkunkBudda403 (12-05-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

Quote Originally Posted by RASTA View Post
    Maybe tell them u was round a mates who was smoking weed. And thats the only reason u can think of why its in your system?
    there is a threshold to meet before they declare positive which takes into account possibilities of 2nd hand smoking

Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    something to keep up your sleeve, if the interview is going badly and it looks like you're about to lose your job, you could tell them you had a dependency (addiction) which your now recovering from. Make sure they write it down or record it some how in their interview notes. Under employment law, they have to consider that an illness, so can't sack you for it and if they do, you could take them to an employment tribunal.
    One of the reasons that you should be aware of any policy the company has on drugs... they should have gave you the chance to come forward with the info... no policy? then Hula has a very valid point!

Quote Originally Posted by biggiebri View Post
    Mate, have you done your test yet, it not get flushing and drink plenty before you go, you'll piss a diluted sample and you'll pass, trust Me this works from doing random piss tests in jail lol
    It's been done mate, he failed it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

RASTA (12-05-15)

Thanks

Better still.....go to doctors. Tell them youv got an addiction.
    Alcoholics dont get sackd as they addicted n need help.
    Am sure it suhin to do with human right laws.

Youl probably get laughd at...but anything is wirth a bash if you may lose your job.

Oh and if u was one thst suffered an injury.
    Put a clame in. Wers ther blame thers a grand to claim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    there is a threshold to meet before they declare positive which takes into account possibilities of 2nd hand smoking

One of the reasons that you should be aware of any policy the company has on drugs... they should have gave you the chance to come forward with the info... no policy? then Hula has a very valid point!

It's been done mate, he failed it
    Take a machete to the meeting then.
    Tell them am keeping ma job. N al be smoking joints all day long.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

M_C (12-05-15), SkunkBudda403 (12-05-15)

Thanks

Gutting, I gotta read more before posting, sorry dude.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast