Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: D.I.Y Extraction Fan Silencer....

Thanks

There not noisy as in going to drown out a conversation but if you sit in a quiet room it will stick out like a saw thumb, sounds a bit like the old Xbox

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green Shadow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-19)

Thanks

Default D.I.Y Extraction Fan Silencer....

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    The noisiest thing in my groom is my oscillating fan
    What fan do you use?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Shadow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Argos basic 7" oscillating desktop fan
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-19)

Thanks

I meant the other one :-)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green Shadow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-19), ggotch (19-07-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Green Shadow View Post
    I meant the other one :-)
    Oops! - a RVK 5"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-19), ggotch (19-07-15)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Oops! - a RVK 5"
    I googled RVK 5" and the first result was..."5" RVK fan too loud for my bedroom" LOL

TAT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    I googled RVK 5" and the first result was..."5" RVK fan too loud for my bedroom" LOL

TAT
    It may be abit on the pricey side mate but have a gander at the phresh hyper x fan 6inch runs at 34db and comes with its own fan speed controller. Thats the one im aiming to get when i build the cupboard style area in a few runs time.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VapeC85 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-19)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VapeC85 View Post
    It may be abit on the pricey side mate but have a gander at the phresh hyper x fan 6inch runs at 34db and comes with its own fan speed controller. Thats the one im aiming to get when i build the cupboard style area in a few runs time.
    I like your sense of humour, Vape. I checked our bank account yesterday... £7.51...Somehow I think a fan will be way off in the distance. I think a 6" fan is too much for a small tent.

TAT

Thanks

i would just run it at its lowest level and should be fine i think mate. I know its pricey but i like it has its got a small footprint low db and low power consumption. Its all about been green . Its the one i will be saving for thats for sure lol

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VapeC85 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Hi mate,

I don't have a fan, but am interested in this side of things. I do have some questions...

1. Are you saying that it is the speed controller that creates the noise and not the fan?... So if you removed the controller, it would be quiet again?
    2. Why do you use a controller? (I can't see why you would want to slow down the extraction of air)

The few times I have seen a fan working is on Youtube, and they sound very loud. Yet, when I look on ebay, they say "almost silent" or "extremely quiet" etc.

I've had the extractor fan on in the bathroom once, and that was very noisy. Are grow tent fans like that? or are they like a standard oscillating desk fan?

Thank you

TAT
    Hello Sir.

The fan speed controller makes the fan hum once it's been dimmed down slightly. The fan also is fairly noisy, but not too bad. But, I'd prefer proper stealth
    I use a controller to help keep a fixed temp, the plants don't like it when it's high one minute and freezing the next

The thing with auction sites such as the one you've mentioned. People are trying to sell things, think of it like the people on the market who shout out all the shit to get customers in.. It's the same kind of thing, they usually (NOT always) put aload of shite in the description to get more sales
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-19), M_C (21-07-15), rabidreject (17-10-19)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast