Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Save a noob,3rd time root rot

Thanks

Hydroponics are very tempting to a new grower, the equipment and though of it all can often cloud a persons better judgement, but as someone who is still learning hydro himself I would go soil for at least 4 full grows. Soil is brilliant, I used it for a decade before going coco then hydro not too long ago, and I do think that may be the right way tog go about it, soil first then coco and if you want to go further for quicker veg then go hydro.

My best results have been with coco I think, but the difference between soil and coco is almost nothing.

Go soil.

CannaStar.

Thanks

Guys I dont think its a matter of one being easier than the other really. Yes I grew in dirt for years outdoors but when I moved indoors I went right to hydro and never looked back. And trust me My outdoor plants basically grew them selves. His issue is temps and the wrong products IMO. Get those temps down if sticking with DWC and find beni's that work or run sterile. Also the water being used may be the culprit. Read up on running a sterile res, it may help in this case.

Thanks

Hope you got it sorted, have you flipped? Also perhaps you really should think about another style as people have suggested. I grow indoors in the colder months and outdoors in the heat. I know that without a chiller it would be impossible for me to run my hydro setup. Again its not a question of hard or easy as pheaton stated but more what your comfortable with and IMO what your infrastructure can support. Perhaps do the DWC thing when its not as hot and switch to coco, soil, etc. in the summer.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Hi mate,

Apart from what the others have said, have you added any boron ? It helps against root rot and helps root growth.

TAT

Thanks

You need a chiller. The water in the root zone is too high at 70-72F and when you get that sorted out you'll be fine.

Thanks

^^^ with the system your running yes you are riding the limit on temps. If you cant run a chiller (I cant lol) then you need to run a a different setup IMO. I can run res temps up to 73-74 without issues but I run spray heads and the root zone has no standing water. There are many systems you can run using most of what you have now with a bit of modification to keep cost down. I have redesigned my system 3-4 times lol. I may run coco dtw next .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2