Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grow Tent 80x80x160

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,628 Times

Default Grow Tent 80x80x160

Hi all,

I'm looking for a grow tent with the dimensions in title. Just wanted some advice on who does the best tents etc as there's quite a few to choose from on Amazon.
    First Ever Grow: Jack Herer Auto Indoor https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ack-Herer-Auto

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,096 Times

Got bud box from greens 75x75x160 and am very impressed with it. I did first order a secret jardin DS but swapped it as had a lot of light leaks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Buster For This Useful Post:

ukhomegrower (18-07-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

just bought an additional tent from flebay,black orchid make, and while ive steered away from these before due to the built for noobs bandwagon so many suppliers got on,i must say im quite impressed with it,specially the zipping n stitching,no light escape at all and with vents closed getting neg pressure with just a small extract fan and zero light leak i can find.

i also have a cheap noname was £40 and this also has been very good for the money,housed 3 grows so far and is now a drying tent, but zips are starting fray etc and tent iself has stretched and gone baggy and i doubt ill do anymore grows in it,ok for drying though.

horses for courses,just get best you can afford and if its a big leap in spending for decent one just get cheap one for a few grows n by then youll have saved up and can get a better quality one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

ukhomegrower (18-07-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    just bought an additional tent from flebay,black orchid make, and while ive steered away from these before due to the built for noobs bandwagon so many suppliers got on,i must say im quite impressed with it,specially the zipping n stitching,no light escape at all and with vents closed getting neg pressure with just a small extract fan and zero light leak i can find.

i also have a cheap noname was £40 and this also has been very good for the money,housed 3 grows so far and is now a drying tent, but zips are starting fray etc and tent iself has stretched and gone baggy and i doubt ill do anymore grows in it,ok for drying though.

horses for courses,just get best you can afford and if its a big leap in spending for decent one just get cheap one for a few grows n by then youll have saved up and can get a better quality one.
    I've heard of black orchid I was looking at their extractor fans the other day. Have seen a few people mention the name before I'll see if they do a tent that size. I'm only looking at spending £50 for a tent don't wanna go over that tbh as I'm getting a Mars II so trying to keep cost down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Budbust View Post
    Got bud box from greens 75x75x160 and am very impressed with it. I did first order a secret jardin DS but swapped it as had a lot of light leaks
    I'll check it out thanks Bud

ganjagunman Guest

Black orchid tents are ok bit of light leaks around the zip but never caused me any bother, mines been up and down more times than a prossies knickers in the last year and its still going strong. Avoid those inline fans they melt very easy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

ukhomegrower (18-07-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    Black orchid tents are ok bit of light leaks around the zip but never caused me any bother, mines been up and down more times than a prossies knickers in the last year and its still going strong. Avoid those inline fans they melt very easy.
    Haha nice phrasing there ganja I've been told rhino should be the only manufacturer to trust for exhausts like.

ganjagunman Guest

Trust me mate ive had a year of learning with extraction, ive tried black orchid, systemair, some non branded crap and hands down the only fans that have worked and ill ever buy are RVK. I use a 6" RVK in each tent, when used with a cooled hood one of those fans can keep a 600w HPS light cool even through the height of summer, get a variac controller and you can turn the fan right down to setting 1 in the winter and it still keeps things cool and makes for a very quiet grow. The only fans better than them are the TD silent but the price of one of them is the same price as 2 RVKs

If you look on ebay theres someone selling rhino filter, RVK fan, plus ducting and clips for around £100 posted you cant really scrimp on filters and extraction, cause cheap fans will only burn your house down (ive had 2 close ones) and cheap filters only cause smell leaks which is what you dont want

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

ukhomegrower (18-07-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    Trust me mate ive had a year of learning with extraction, ive tried black orchid, systemair, some non branded crap and hands down the only fans that have worked and ill ever buy are RVK. I use a 6" RVK in each tent, when used with a cooled hood one of those fans can keep a 600w HPS light cool even through the height of summer, get a variac controller and you can turn the fan right down to setting 1 in the winter and it still keeps things cool and makes for a very quiet grow. The only fans better than them are the TD silent but the price of one of them is the same price as 2 RVKs

If you look on ebay theres someone selling rhino filter, RVK fan, plus ducting and clips for around £100 posted you cant really scrimp on filters and extraction, cause cheap fans will only burn your house down (ive had 2 close ones) and cheap filters only cause smell leaks which is what you dont want
    I found the guy who's selling the filter, fan, ducting and clips. £109 for 4" exhaust I think that size should be big enough for my size tent.

I've been making a note of stuff I need to get. I've got nutes, a timer, perlite, silicone,

I need to buy the fan + the rest
    Grow tent
    LED light
    Oscillating fan
    Multipurpose compost
    I'm think that's it unless I'm forgetting something

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ukhomegrower For This Useful Post:

ganjagunman Guest

Go for the 5" or the 6" mate. Gives you the option then to run higher powered sodium lights in the future if you decide LED light isnt for you.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

ggotch (20-07-15), M_C (21-07-15)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast