Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: Anybody into rosin?

  1. #41

    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 95 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    I have been gagging to try concentrates, a dab i really want to try, but being in the uk i cant get hold of any rosin around here.

    Debating getting straighteners and squeezing a nug im desperate to try it after watching so many dab vids on youtube...

    They sell these hand rosin presses on amazon does anybody know if they are any good or are they only on par with the straighteners method?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075203_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	383231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075152_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	383233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075156_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	383232

    I know you can get the nugsmasher presses n juicebox etc but they are all big money and i dont have those kind of funds...

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-05-20), jingo (18-05-20)

  3. #42

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    3,956
    Thanked 9,189 Times in 2,409 Posts

    Default

    Alright man, I like rosin, not used this ^^ been tempted but I reckon I'll hold out for something meatier. Used hair straighteners but never had a lot of success with bud. I usually use kief and press that.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-05-20), jingo (18-05-20), pppass (18-05-20)

  5. #43

    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 95 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    I think i will leave it because im fed up buying cheap cr@p that doesnt really do what its supposed to do!

    I'm hoping that concentrates soon become available in my area and i can go from there instead of wasting money and buds to get poor returns! Hate to waste it im far too tight for that!
    Bad gardener
    Good smoker
    Lets change that

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-05-20), jingo (18-05-20)

  7. #44

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 825 Times in 293 Posts

    Default

    I just use a iron and grease proof paper.get it to temp squish the shit out of it for a few seconds .do that a couple times jobs a Gooden...

    Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    PiKiT-PaKiT-FiReItUp

    JAck/BlUeS Grow 2 plus 4 12/12 from seed - DONEWITH

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrpukka For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-05-20), jingo (18-05-20)

  9. #45

    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 95 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpukka View Post
    I just use a iron and grease proof paper.get it to temp squish the shit out of it for a few seconds .do that a couple times jobs a Gooden...

    Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    How much do you get back out of it weight wise do you know mate?
    Im very curious

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-05-20), jingo (18-05-20), Mrpukka (18-05-20)

  11. #46

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    3,956
    Thanked 9,189 Times in 2,409 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pppass View Post
    How much do you get back out of it weight wise do you know mate?
    Im very curious
    I'll try that iron trick pukka, pppass its all gonna depend how frosty your bud is/time/temp so he can only give you his experience really. You tube has good budget vids, give you an idea what you may get bk

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-05-20), jingo (18-05-20), pppass (18-05-20)

  13. #47

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,198
    Thanks
    5,909
    Thanked 9,071 Times in 3,279 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pppass View Post
    I have been gagging to try concentrates, a dab i really want to try, but being in the uk i cant get hold of any rosin around here.

    Debating getting straighteners and squeezing a nug im desperate to try it after watching so many dab vids on youtube...

    They sell these hand rosin presses on amazon does anybody know if they are any good or are they only on par with the straighteners method?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075203_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	383231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075152_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	383233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075156_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	383232

    I know you can get the nugsmasher presses n juicebox etc but they are all big money and i dont have those kind of funds...
    I bought one of those when they first came out and mine is junk, if your in the US and want to try it send me a PM.

    I ended up buying something more like this, I think I spent a couple hundred dollars in my press might be a little smaller. But I can take a quarter ounce of shake or whatever pack a tightly into a little bag I buy off eBay and then I can press out, with good weed about one and a half grams out of that quarter ounce. They only takes me a few minutes and then I have at least a gram sometimes almost as close as two grams of rosin.

    I have some short stuff gorilla glue that was kind of larffy it was all bottom stuff I saved it dry frozen to make some dry ice hash and then I made Rossin and it's been the best stuff that I've had all around. Yields about 1.7 grams per ounce.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

    British green (18-05-20), hotshot (18-05-20), MrCannab1sir (18-05-20), pppass (18-05-20)

  15. #48

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,198
    Thanks
    5,909
    Thanked 9,071 Times in 3,279 Posts

    Default

    About six tons of pressure is all the little bags that I buy can hold before they burst. I don't think you need more than that anyway.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

    British green (18-05-20), hotshot (18-05-20)

  17. #49

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 825 Times in 293 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pppass View Post
    How much do you get back out of it weight wise do you know mate?
    Im very curious
    Not a clue mate but I get a decent return to be honest I've only ever done it with a small bud or two.deffo get good rosin tho! I'm guna do some soon and put it in some jelly mayb.off the smoking a bit latly...trycit out mate I was amazed when I first did it

    Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrpukka For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-05-20), pppass (18-05-20)

  19. #50

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    3,956
    Thanked 9,189 Times in 2,409 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I bought one of those when they first came out and mine is junk, if your in the US and want to try it send me a PM.

    I ended up buying something more like this, I think I spent a couple hundred dollars in my press might be a little smaller. But I can take a quarter ounce of shake or whatever pack a tightly into a little bag I buy off eBay and then I can press out, with good weed about one and a half grams out of that quarter ounce. They only takes me a few minutes and then I have at least a gram sometimes almost as close as two grams of rosin.

    I have some short stuff gorilla glue that was kind of larffy it was all bottom stuff I saved it dry frozen to make some dry ice hash and then I made Rossin and it's been the best stuff that I've had all around. Yields about 1.7 grams per ounce.
    That looks spot on mate, had a look at the site. Not noticed anything, except 1 place, in the UK that sells presses like this. Mostly middle aged men building things in their shed and flogging them on ebay

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-05-20)

  21. #51

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,198
    Thanks
    5,909
    Thanked 9,071 Times in 3,279 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    That looks spot on mate, had a look at the site. Not noticed anything, except 1 place, in the UK that sells presses like this. Mostly middle aged men building things in their shed and flogging them on ebay
    Seems like there's a lot of great stuff available over here that more than likely originated in China and if a guy were smart he might set it up for sale over there.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-05-20), MrCannab1sir (18-05-20)

  23. #52

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,198
    Thanks
    5,909
    Thanked 9,071 Times in 3,279 Posts

    Default

    It's the kind of thing you might find on DHgate cheap.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

    British green (18-05-20), hotshot (18-05-20), MrCannab1sir (18-05-20)

  25. #53

    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 95 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    Unfortunately im in the uk jingo, thanks though appreciate it. I am going to go with the straightners just to get a taste of rosin, but i might have to pop round the ex's house for a cup of tea and to borrow her straightners! Either that or go borrow my mothers iron!

    I cant afford a press to be honest, well not a decent one anyway, cant justify the cost right now

    Cheers

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

    British green (18-05-20), hotshot (18-05-20), jingo (18-05-20)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK and some US States