Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mates door got knocked

Thanks

Default Mates door got knocked

Hi guys looking for some advice I had some equipment up at the farm that hadn't been used in a long time and when a good mate that I've known for 21 years asked if he could use it for a grow I gave it to him. Now he's had it for about 6 months and he had an argument with his misses and they split up 3 weeks ago she knew about the equipment but didn't know it came from me. After they split I told him to shut it down to be on the safe side and he did. he cleared everything even seeds from the house but left it set up. And he had some smoke in a large jar that obviously he was using for himself no scales or anything just the equipment and the jar. Well at 6am yesterday he had the scum at his door on information that they received from the ex. They came in seen the setup searched the house found his jar took his phone and arrested him. What I'm asking is can they do that just take the equipment even though there was nothing growing? As I didn't think owning that was illegal? going up to see him later tonight to get all the info and charges there hitting him with..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phantom84 For This Useful Post:

Craig1986 (24-08-15), The budda (24-08-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

Owning the kit isn't illegal in the slightest... cultivating cannabis by using it is....

So, here we have a search of premises that found equipment for growing cannabis & a 'large jar' of cannabis discovered.... doesn't take much to put 2+2 together. They will seize the equipment & it's up to him to prove innocence
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (27-08-15), EaZiE (27-08-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,490 Times

Yeh bro burden of proof sits with them grow gear plus jar of weed doesn't take a scientist

Up the irons

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,709 Times

The only law broken was the possession of cannabis. Your best of asking a lawyer.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

ganjagunman Guest

There argument will just be ' how do we not know that that equipment was used for the cultivation of this large jar of weed '

I think if the kit would have been disassembled and packed away and they took it thats a bit rough, but if theres equipment setup and weed lying around in vast amounts then you kind of see why they took it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (27-08-15), M_C (25-08-15)

Thanks

Hi guys just an update his charges as they sit atm are
    Possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply. Cultivation of cannabis. And assaulting a police officer his solicitor is working on the charges now. In the jar there was 6.2 oz nothing else in the house no nutes cuttings leaves or scales. They found a Txt on his phone to another friend basically saying are u popping round for a smoke no mention of green or pics on the phone. But as I said the gear was set up nothing in the pots not even bulbs in the lamps and they took the lot. And the assault charge was because he spat on the copper after he got a dose of cs to his face. The cops made a rite mess of the house 2 Fckn scumbags

ganjagunman Guest

No need for it is there mate, but he must have kicked off first for them to warrant CS'ing him. End of the day if i got a knock, and they had a warrant then id just let them in and be done with it, its not worth having the door shoed off cause its not my apartment. Trouble is like many i use my phone as a camera, and time and time again ive told my mate to not text me about growing, sending me pics etc. I guess it doesnt matter how careful we are anything and everything will be used against us, like ive got scales cause i like to know my dry weights, and ive got a handful of them small bags incase i go out somewhere, what else can i keep it in? JJust hope the law changes soon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

British green (27-08-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

I have kitchen scales... in the kitchen. But they weigh in increments of 1g so they are good enough for a crop weigh in

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (27-08-15), Buster (26-08-15), G_UNIT (25-08-15)

Thanks

Different things to take into consideration. Is this his first offence or dose he have previous for any drugs ? As said above best thing to do is get him a lawyer if he hasn't already !! Tut tut ex Mrs though 😞

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times

nothing like a woman scorned to fuck your world over lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast